Author Topic: Stein - Sixers offered Noel, Covington, 24, and 26 for 3  (Read 14383 times)

Re: Stein - Sixers offered Noel, Covington, 24, and 26 for 3
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2016, 09:51:39 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Luwawu (or however you spell it) also on the board.  Those two extra picks could have yielded two lottery pick type talents if they weren't foreign draft and stash players.

Boston should have taken the trade.  Gotten two starter level players at positions of need and two draft and stash foreigners. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2016, 09:56:17 PM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
I would give up the two guys we drafted for just Noel.  This is so demoralizing.

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2016, 10:35:33 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Not suggesting that Boston would have drafted the same as Philly but Boston's day thus far making the trade would have been:

Noel
Covington
Yabusele
Zizic
Luwawu
Korkmaz

Also, still on the board and could have been selected at 23, 24, or 26 were Murray, Rabb, Labissiere, Davis, and Zubac (and Brice Johnson could have gone at 23 or 24).

I just don't see that isn't a better day than Brown, Yabusele, Zizic.

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2016, 10:39:13 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
He should be fired

Post hast

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2016, 10:41:50 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I would give up the two guys we drafted for just Noel.  This is so demoralizing.

And in a year you'd have to give him a huge contract or see him enter free agency.  It would be the height of folly to do what you have suggested.

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2016, 10:50:40 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

And in a year you'd have to give him a huge contract or see him enter free agency.  It would be the height of folly to do what you have suggested.
who cares.  if he is worth the contract, just pay him (and you still have the cap space this summer).  If he makes Boston better, which he would, then you have to make the trade.

Even if Brown reaches his potential he isn't going to do much for Boston next year and the team clearly isn't entering rebuilding so that stuff actually matters.  Noel and Covington are both going to be significantly better than Brown next season (maybe not long term, but next year absolutely).  Noel is also a player that you can always fit into the rotation.  Brown is already a back-up at best for awhile with Crowder on the team. 

Boston will regret not making the trade. 

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2016, 10:51:25 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

Good young players get extensions. That's what happens. It's not some negative. It's normal.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2016, 10:53:03 PM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
We need a guy like Noel.  We already have guys that do the same things Jalen Brown does.

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2016, 10:55:04 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
We need a guy like Noel.  We already have guys that do the same things Jalen Brown does.

No we do not have 'guys' that do what Jaylen Brown does.

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2016, 10:56:54 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Very happy we avoided Noel.  A lot of you guys way overrate him.  He hasn't shown potential to get any better either.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2016, 11:00:18 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Very happy we avoided Noel.  A lot of you guys way overrate him.  He hasn't shown potential to get any better either.
right because big men in their 3rd year always get worse and don't improve

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2016, 11:00:22 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

Good young players get extensions. That's what happens. It's not some negative. It's normal.

You want to max him out in one year?  How will you attract two top-level free agents, then?  Wait a year and then max him out in free agency if you wish, but why surrender the #3 now then?

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2016, 11:04:54 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
right because big men in their 3rd year always get worse and don't improve

They don't always get better either.  Especially when they've shown nothing on offense that says so.

Hey we can revisit this.  I think I'll be right.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2016, 11:20:19 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

You want to max him out in one year?  How will you attract two top-level free agents, then?  Wait a year and then max him out in free agency if you wish, but why surrender the #3 now then?

If Noel is impactful enough and we win enough games, WHO CARES about adding a second free agent. If he's worth the contract, why would you not want to give it to him?
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2016, 11:34:53 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Infuriating!  A young defensive big and a young small forward that could play some 4.  All for a kid with a high fade, book smarts, and a terrible offensive skill set.  Yep sounds like Danny ainge.  Two years of this bullEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.nis enough.  Wake up people