Author Topic: Pacers Upgrades  (Read 1068 times)

Pacers Upgrades
« on: June 23, 2016, 05:44:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Pacers adding Jeff Teague and Thad Young to a 45 win team are pretty nice moves.  Both moves also set the market for draft picks a bit.   Looks like that's one team in the East that will be improved.  So far, they are winning the offseason by default.

Re: Pacers Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 05:53:22 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Pacers adding Jeff Teague and Thad Young to a 45 win team are pretty nice moves.  Both moves also set the market for draft picks a bit.   Looks like that's one team in the East that will be improved.  So far, they are winning the offseason by default.
They also gave up George Hill in the process.

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 05:58:18 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Yeah I'm not sure. How does that team fit together?

Ellis and Teague are average defenders at best. Teague is a bottom 10-15 starting point in the NBA. Young moves George back to the 3, which requires that Turner hits shots regularly to spread the defenses.

I like the moves, but I think they need a better two-way guard to truly compete with the Cavs.

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 06:04:37 PM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
Doesn't do much for the defense, but I think Teague is a clear step up from Hill. Gives the Pacers and actual playmaker. Hurt most of last year, but he was an All-Star way back in 2015.

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 06:11:47 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Also shows how it is easier to add pieces to an existing star vs. trying to find that star.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 09:01:25 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Changing point guards was a sideways move at best.  They still need to address the teams biggest weakness, the gaping hole named Monta Ellis.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 09:17:09 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
They have Paul George which would always give them an advantage over us.. They Fell apart last year but I never thought we were better than them to begin with..
Adding a few pieces around him makes them more dangerous IMO