Author Topic: Is Embiid now in play?  (Read 4911 times)

Is Embiid now in play?
« on: June 22, 2016, 04:57:19 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
According to below ESPN story, Sixers are also including Embiid as a possible trade chip for a top draft pick.  If I could examine his feet and he passed, I would do that deal.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post/_/id/38231/nba-rumor-central-76ers-actively-shopping-jahlil-okafor-nerlens-noel-others

Re: Is Embiid now in play?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 04:58:55 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2730
If we get full medical access, yes, done deal for me.

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 04:59:20 PM »

Online Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I could see the 76ers making that play. Take Embiid off the table till the very end as a way to close the deal with teams. Especially if they don't value him a ton more than Okafor/Noel.

I still think they keep him and try and see what they have.

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 05:00:28 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
According to below ESPN story, Sixers are also including Embiid as a possible trade chip for a top draft pick.  If I could examine his feet and he passed, I would do that deal.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post/_/id/38231/nba-rumor-central-76ers-actively-shopping-jahlil-okafor-nerlens-noel-others
I'd love getting Embiid.  That'd be the ultimate roll of the dice

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 05:03:06 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I've always wanted a big man with a sweet tooth and catastrophically bad feet.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 05:06:07 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767
Two red flags are his foot and his maturity.

As a guy who broke his navicular bone, I can tell you that setbacks are normal and at 9 months later I still have some soreness and weakness. It is one of the most difficult injuries to recover from.

On top of that, many medical experts think that people who break their navicular bone often do because of structural things. Weak ankles combined with a longer second toe lead to added stress on my navicular and created a nut-cracker effect. In other words, it could be a recurring concern, but it also may not be.

Embiid had reports of knee and back issues. My unprofessional guess based on my experience is that he did not do strength training appropriately, which led to structural weakness in his core and added strain on his knees. When he got back to it, the weakness was still there, but it led to further stress on his ankles and navicular bone, causing the break. His impatience led to the rebreak (trust  me when I say that impatience is normal with navicular breaks), which led to setbacks and an inability to work on his body. A solid training regimen could be the only thing necessary to get him read.

This is not the same kind of broken foot as Yao Ming's stress fractures though.

My concern has more been his relative lack of maturity, although I'm willing to roll the dice on that talent if the doctors think his foot is fine.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 05:11:59 PM by DefenseWinsChamps »

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 05:09:29 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
No way I'd trade anything of value for Greg Oden 2
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 05:09:33 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 887
I don't understand.  Is the suggestion that they would offer Embiid along with say Okafor for the #3 pick?  That doesn't make any sense from PHI perspective.  In terms of Embiid as a stand alone trade chip, what, James Young + #31?

It makes no sense to trade or trade for Embiid.

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 05:10:05 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Remember, the C's were going to take him if he was there right?  Also, I remember Ainge saying the C's doctors have ok'd him at the draft.  I wonder if this is the hold up....I would roll the dice on this trade...

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 05:10:10 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Uh, yeah, if you get access to his medical records and think it's okay, then, hell yes you take him.

Kind of suspicious that he'd actually be available, though.

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 05:11:23 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
I don't understand.  Is the suggestion that they would offer Embiid along with say Okafor for the #3 pick?  That doesn't make any sense from PHI perspective.  In terms of Embiid as a stand alone trade chip, what, James Young + #31?

It makes no sense to trade or trade for Embiid.

Agree if there saying okafor and embiid or noel and embiid then yes, embiid alone no

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 05:11:56 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2671
  • bammokja
I've always wanted a big man with a sweet tooth and catastrophically bad feet.
who doesnt?  ;D

but back on point, if his medical records check out then ainge should look carefully at embiid. of the three philly big man he is clearly the best...........assuming his foot cooperates.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 05:19:30 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
I believe that I am not going out on a limb by saying that we will not be getting Okafor or Noel plus Embiid for #3.

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 05:20:46 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd rather gamble at 23 with Thon Maker.

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 05:22:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I believe that I am not going out on a limb by saying that we will not be getting Okafor or Noel plus Embiid for #3.
Yeah... it would be one of the three for the pick.  I doubt they trade Embiid.  Philly is likely keeping him for all the reasons we'd want him.