Author Topic: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (20-62, #1)  (Read 346661 times)

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
LOL, the Lakers won yet again and are locked in at #3 now. 

Assuming Brooklyn loses tonight with half their roster sitting, they'll finish between 4-7 games short of catching Phoenix + LA.  This is why a lot of people weren't too worried even as they started heating up late.  It was just too much to get out of the hole they dug over the first 75% of the year.

And I'm rooting for them to finish at #3. If they still owe their pick to PHL next year, it will be unprotected, so I won't have to worry about them tanking.

Mike

Yes, I really hope they get Ball, because they really deserve each other.
1 less team who will tank next year. A win-win for the Celtics.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Assuming Brooklyn loses tonight with half their roster sitting, they'll finish between 4-7 games short of catching Phoenix + LA.  This is why a lot of people weren't too worried even as they started heating up late.  It was just too much to get out of the hole they dug over the first 75% of the year.

And I'm rooting for them to finish at #3. If they still owe their pick to PHL next year, it will be unprotected, so I won't have to worry about them tanking.

Mike

The flip side of that is that if they send the 1st to Philly this year, they'll also have to send their 2019 1st to Orlando to fulfill the Dwight Howard trade. Otherwise it turns into 2 2nds.  So there's tradeoffs either way. 

I honestly wouldn't mind them sucking for a 5th straight season next year, high pick or not.

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
We should be onto the 2017-2018 Nets Watch Thread..........
with that said, we all (well, almost all) expect the Nets to suck again. At least suck enough to land a top 10 pick. I am looking forward to following all the top prospects next year and there are a lot of them. I am particularly high on this list of top 7 but would love to land one of the top 4.

Michael Porter
6-10
SF
Missouri
HSSr.

DeAndre Ayton
7-0
C
Arizona
HSSr.

Luka Doncic
6-7
SG/SF
Slovenia
Intl.

Mohamed Bamba
7-0
C

Robert Williams
6-9
PF/C
Texas A&M

Kevin Knox
6-9
SF/PF
Undecided
HSSr.

Wendell Carter
6-10
PF/C
Duke
HSSr

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Mike

The flip side of that is that if they send the 1st to Philly this year, they'll also have to send their 2019 1st to Orlando to fulfill the Dwight Howard trade. Otherwise it turns into 2 2nds.  So there's tradeoffs either way. 

I honestly wouldn't mind them sucking for a 5th straight season next year, high pick or not. in perpetuity

fixed that for you

The Official 2017-2018 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread
« Reply #2374 on: April 13, 2017, 08:06:14 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Nets are chasing Euro guards for the future.

7 mins ago – via Twitter APOOCH
Anthony Puccio: It seems pretty evident that Milos Teodosic is a main target for the Brooklyn Nets. Sean Marks has visited more than once in the past year.
11 hours ago – via New York Post

Brooklyn’s interest in Teodosic is well-known. The 30-year-old point guard was voted the best player outside the NBA by league general managers earlier this year, leading Serbia to a silver medal in Rio and CSKA Moscow — Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov’s old team — to a Euroleague title. Teodosic’s passing has brought comparisons to former Nets great Jason Kidd.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Mike

I honestly wouldn't mind them sucking for a 5th straight season next year, high pick or not. in perpetuity

fixed that for you

Eh, if they suck in perpetuity the rivalry fades to nothing. Look at the Sixers, most fans under 35 don't even consider them rivals unless they're students of history.

I prefer the arrangement we had in the 60s where the Lakers are really good but we just keep crushing their hopes over and over and over again.

Re: The Official 2017-2018 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread
« Reply #2376 on: April 13, 2017, 09:10:51 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Nets are chasing Euro guards for the future.

7 mins ago – via Twitter APOOCH
Anthony Puccio: It seems pretty evident that Milos Teodosic is a main target for the Brooklyn Nets. Sean Marks has visited more than once in the past year.
11 hours ago – via New York Post

Brooklyn’s interest in Teodosic is well-known. The 30-year-old point guard was voted the best player outside the NBA by league general managers earlier this year, leading Serbia to a silver medal in Rio and CSKA Moscow — Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov’s old team — to a Euroleague title. Teodosic’s passing has brought comparisons to former Nets great Jason Kidd.

He looks like the cook in "Two Broke Girls."

Mike

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
As a Euro fan, and I'm sure our Greek buddy can confirm that, it's not good news. You can get very good, savvy players in Europe with no huge salary and helping you win games. Players such as Teodosic, Llull (I know Houston has his rights, but maybe a minor trade could arrange it) and some more can make the Nets competitive. Hopefully they concentrate their efforts on Crabbe, Tyler Johnson and such.

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
It's funny coz Brooklyn couldn't have expected a worse pick swap xD couldn't have been any lower XD
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Do you think the Nets fans have a thread for the Celtics 2015-2017 season because they had our pick swap? LOL !!!!!

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
We should be onto the 2017-2018 Nets Watch Thread..........
with that said, we all (well, almost all) expect the Nets to suck again. At least suck enough to land a top 10 pick. I am looking forward to following all the top prospects next year and there are a lot of them. I am particularly high on this list of top 7 but would love to land one of the top 4.

Michael Porter
6-10
SF
Missouri
HSSr.

DeAndre Ayton
7-0
C
Arizona
HSSr.

Luka Doncic
6-7
SG/SF
Slovenia
Intl.

Mohamed Bamba
7-0
C

Robert Williams
6-9
PF/C
Texas A&M

Kevin Knox
6-9
SF/PF
Undecided
HSSr.

Wendell Carter
6-10
PF/C
Duke
HSSr
Favourite guy atm is Bamba
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Do you think the Nets fans have a thread for the Celtics 2015-2017 season because they had our pick swap? LOL !!!!!
They definitely have one because they would desire to minimize the damage done, but apparently this is the worst case scenario for them 😂
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
If they trade Lopez , that is the final tank for next season .   If I was Lopez , I would demand a trade.  Get me to a playoff team .  Nets are least 3-5 years from having much . No use in Lopez hanging around there .

Heck , Lopez would be better off on Knicks or Lakers .

Re: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (20-62, #1)
« Reply #2383 on: April 14, 2017, 07:33:58 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Until next next November my friend.  Ill come back for you.  I promise.

http://www.tankathon.com
Yup

Re: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (20-62, #1)
« Reply #2384 on: May 08, 2017, 03:35:41 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
My frustration with the playoffs (even though I'm not actually surprised that it's 2-2) is offset by the fact that the draft lottery is only a whopping eight days away.

Mike