Author Topic: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (20-62, #1)  (Read 346696 times)

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Randle is worthless. He's a complete mess defensively, and he makes way too many dumb plays overall on both sides of the ball.

But you'd trade him for Marcus Smart, right?

Surely this is sarcasm lol Because I've long been an ardent supporter of Smart and proponent of picking him over Randle.

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
On the plus side, Detroit absolutely has to win tonight to have even a prayer of making the playoffs.

Mike

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
8 games left for Nets and LA.  LA has a 5 game lead.  #1 pick going into the lottery is ours.

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
and what is also so great is that next year we will have another thread on this exact same topic!  ;D

i wonder how many folks will post the same posts next year as they did this year?

oh, and on draftexpress for 2018, 5 out of the top 6 picks are pf or c. next year will be fun.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 04:11:14 PM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
and what is also so great is that next year we will have another thread on this exact same topic!  ;D

i wonder how many folks will post the same posts next year as they did this year?

oh, and on draftexpress for 2018, 5 out of the top 6 picks are pf or c. next year will be fun.
Going into last season I said we'd get 2 top 5 picks  and at worst a top 10 in 2018.  I think next year will be another top 5 pick.  Nets have nothing to entice good free agents to sign with them.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Going into last season I said we'd get 2 top 5 picks  and at worst a top 10 in 2018.  I think next year will be another top 5 pick.  Nets have nothing to entice good free agents to sign with them.
Ive predicted 7-10 and 3-5 in each of the past 2 years, so ill be sure to low ball them again so we can grab another top 3 pick.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Randle is worthless. He's a complete mess defensively, and he makes way too many dumb plays overall on both sides of the ball.

But you'd trade him for Marcus Smart, right?

Surely this is sarcasm lol Because I've long been an ardent supporter of Smart and proponent of picking him over Randle.

Yeah it wasn't directed at you, just a general comment on some guys still regretting taking Marcus over Randle no matter what LOL.

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
8 games left for Nets and LA.  LA has a 5 game lead.  #1 pick going into the lottery is ours.

Probably, but not a lock. Good chance Lakers lose all their remaining games. If Chicago is still in the running for the 8th spot at the end, I'd think it's closer to a lock as they play BKN twice in the last 3 games with our game vs BKN sandwiched in the middle.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Probably, but not a lock. Good chance Lakers lose all their remaining games. If Chicago is still in the running for the 8th spot at the end, I'd think it's closer to a lock as they play BKN twice in the last 3 games with our game vs BKN sandwiched in the middle.

I wish Brooklyn was playing anyone besides Detroit right now. Detroit has just been playing like one of the worst teams in the league.

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
This game:

Morris >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else on the court
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

I'm already preparing my "indignant frustration" posts, targeted at those games that BKN should have lost and that I'm sure that they're winning just to make me miserable.

But I've got Sacramento as the big loser next year. I think BKN is playing for second-worst.

Mike

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
nice job detroit allowing a 12-2 run after being up by 6

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Brook Lopez has been the tank derailer as of late.

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
UNBELIEVABLE

Brook Lopez with a side-aside 3, followed by a Curry-3
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
MY BOY ISH SMITH THO