Author Topic: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (20-62, #1)  (Read 346755 times)

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Why is Lopez even still playing at this point? It's got to be like a 95% chance that they trade him this summer, since there's no real reason to retain him next summer, so why are they even risking injury for him at this point?

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Why is Lopez even still playing at this point? It's got to be like a 95% chance that they trade him this summer, since there's no real reason to retain him next summer, so why are they even risking injury for him at this point?

maybe no one wants to pay his price so they may have to keep him. i haven't heard of any interested teams. also winning sticks it to ainge if they get out of last.

lol I don't know why either.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

maybe no one wants to pay his price so they may have to keep him. i haven't heard of any interested teams. also winning sticks it to ainge if they get out of last.

Maybe they're trying to instill that winning culture everyone is always talking about. Don't give up until the last game is over.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I think its possible they believe a strong finish could give them some level of positive momentum to sell free agents on.

thats all I can think of.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
so, post for the doom and gloomers to ease their panic:
Lakers have a 5 game lead on the Nets in the standings with each having 9 games to play. 

Nets would have to close out 5-4 with the Lakers going 0-9.

Nets have games against these teams remaining:
- 2 against the Sixers
- 1 against Detroit
- 2 against Orlando
- 1 against Atlanta
- 2 against Chicago
- 1 against Boston

They may get 1 against the Sixers who are actually trying to win games and could take 2 against Orlando who are underachieving (I think only 1 is really possible but both games are a possibility) but with everyone else fighting for playoffs or seeding, I don't see Brooklyn picking up more than 3 wins if that much.

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
9 minutes to go and it's tied 86-86.

Come on Philly.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Come on, Philly! Give me some peace of mind down the stretch here! I've already got too much to worry about with the Celtics playoff seeding!

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
8 seconds to go.

Sixers up 104-101!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That should do it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Thank you sixers!  :D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
WE ARE ALL 76ERS FANS TONIGHT BOIIIIIIII!!!!

THANK YOU PHILLY!!!!

Our odds of keeping the #1 odds in the draft just went up big time.

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Nets are determined to make this interesting. Nice win Sixers.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Game over in Brooklyn, Celtics win.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
WE ARE ALL 76ERS FANS TONIGHT BOIIIIIIII!!!!

THANK YOU PHILLY!!!!

Our odds of keeping the #1 odds in the draft just went up big time.

Don't you mean big league. Magic Number is 4, I think.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Nets have to finish 5-3 to have a chance at tying the Lakers.

The Nets have not gone 5-3 in any 8 game stretch since the 2014-2015 season.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.