Author Topic: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (20-62, #1)  (Read 346226 times)

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
There is ZERO PERCENT chance that the Lakers who are trying to lose can actually win any of the following games by accident. Absolute ZERO

Minnesota
Portland
Washington
@ Minnesota
@ Clippers
Memphis
San Antonio
Sacramento
Minnesota
New Orleans
Golden State

I would happily engage in a friendly wager of 5 TPs that the Lakers win at least one of those games. The loser is responsible for coming back on each of five days to reward the winner.

Mike

You are on! It's a win-win for me. If they win a game or more I win. If they lose them all like I expect I win tommy points!

You were right!! I was wrong and I am ecstatic!! Here is your 1st TP

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Must say I was shocked Lakers won last night, in OT last night. What's our magic number this morning?

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Must say I was shocked Lakers won last night, in OT last night. What's our magic number this morning?

5, with 10 games to go.

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
There is ZERO PERCENT chance that the Lakers who are trying to lose can actually win any of the following games by accident. Absolute ZERO

Minnesota
Portland
Washington
@ Minnesota
@ Clippers
Memphis
San Antonio
Sacramento
Minnesota
New Orleans
Golden State

;D  ZERO

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906

Minnesota
Portland
Washington
@ Minnesota
@ Clippers
Memphis
San Antonio
Sacramento
Minnesota
New Orleans
Golden State

I would happily engage in a friendly wager of 5 TPs that the Lakers win at least one of those games. The loser is responsible for coming back on each of five days to reward the winner.

Mike

You are on! It's a win-win for me. If they win a game or more I win. If they lose them all like I expect I win tommy points!

You were right!! I was wrong and I am ecstatic!! Here is your 1st TP

;)

Mike

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
Idk about you guys, but that Lakers win just gave me a HUGE sigh of relief.

I hope Phoenix loses out and LAL win just 1 more.

Then LAL have the tiebreaker over them (better conference record) and they are the 3rd worst record in the league lol.

Now 10 games to go, Nets have to go 6-4 just to tie the Lakers. Not impossible but I think that's unlikely, they probably can go 4-6 at best in that stretch. They also play BOS once in that stretch.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Minnesota
Portland
Washington
@ Minnesota
@ Clippers
Memphis
San Antonio
Sacramento
Minnesota
New Orleans
Golden State
So I guess the chances were a little higher than 0%, huh?

;) :D ;D

I think the Lakers still have another win or two in them before it is all said and done. Lots of bad opponents still to go.

In other words, Brooklyn ain't catching them

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker

Then LAL have the tiebreaker over them (better conference record) and they are the 3rd worst record in the league lol.

Now 10 games to go, Nets have to go 6-4 just to tie the Lakers. Not impossible but I think that's unlikely, they probably can go 4-6 at best in that stretch. They also play BOS once in that stretch.

I could be wrong but, for the sake of the lottery, I don't think they have a tiebreaker. I think it's a coin flip. 

Mike

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477

I could be wrong but, for the sake of the lottery, I don't think they have a tiebreaker. I think it's a coin flip. 

Mike

You are correct, head to heads etc mean nothing for draft order, it is a random drawing.

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/04/15/ties-broken-for-2016-nba-draft-order-of-selection/

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Mike

You are correct, head to heads etc mean nothing for draft order, it is a random drawing.

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/04/15/ties-broken-for-2016-nba-draft-order-of-selection/

IIRC, for the lottery drawing, in the case of a tie, the number of number combinations would be evenly divided between the tying teams. 

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

Mike

IIRC, for the lottery drawing, in the case of a tie, the number of number combinations would be evenly divided between the tying teams.

i thought it was both of the above...if in the lottery then its even split of extra balls, if out of lottery its a coin flip

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
You still need a coin flip, though, in the lottery. If neither team ends up in the top 3, the winner of the flip gets the more favorable spot.

Mike

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

5, with 10 games to go.

Thx TP

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
Nets may get a win today against this hapless injured Hawks team.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Nets up by 12 in ATL end of first quarter. ATL has 3 starters out. Why are these teams making it so hard for Cs to get the overall best chance at #1??? How can ATL lose to Nets at home?