Author Topic: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (20-62, #1)  (Read 347860 times)

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Only on a Boston blog where the lingering effect of years of Sox devastation still penetrate the minds of so many with the sky is falling mentality. We are actually complaining that we have a 5 game lead over the lakers for the best odds at a draft pick that was gifted to us by Danny's brilliance. 

Even if the Lakers did lose out and the Nets suddenly figure out to win on the road,  it only drops our odds at the number one pick by a few points and yes, I know, we can end up with 5th spot instead of 4th in a loaded draft. Wow, life is tough for us Celtics fans

Screams of Danny should have traded the pick are beyond funny to me....Yes, if only we would have gotten rid of the 1st this year, and next year plus Brown and Smart or Crowder for Butler or George... ::) ;D   Too funny...sky is falling...please save us poor unfortunate fans....

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Only on a Boston blog where the lingering effect of years of Sox devastation still penetrate the minds of so many with the sky is falling mentality. We are actually complaining that we have a 5 game lead over the lakers for the best odds at a draft pick that was gifted to us by Danny's brilliance. 

Even if the Lakers did lose out and the Nets suddenly figure out to win on the road,  it only drops our odds at the number one pick by a few points and yes, I know, we can end up with 5th spot instead of 4th in a loaded draft. Wow, life is tough for us Celtics fans

Screams of Danny should have traded the pick are beyond funny to me....Yes, if only we would have gotten rid of the 1st this year, and next year plus Brown and Smart or Crowder for Butler or George... ::) ;D   Too funny...sky is falling...please save us poor unfortunate fans....

Would you rather end up with Josh Jackson / Jayson Tatum, or Jonathan Isaac / Lauri Markkanen?  To many here, and to most pro scouts on record, dropping from 4th to 5th would not be good. 

In 2005, the 4th pick was Chris Paul.  The 5th pick was Raymond Felton, and just for context, the next four picks were Martell Webster, Charlie Villanueva, Channing Frye and Ike Diogu.  Which of those 6 players would you have wanted on your favorite team for the past 12 years?

BTW, I have your avatar on a black t-shirt.  That's a TP for you.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

• Don Nelson
Thanks for the TP..right back at you. I love this avatar!

My point is that even if we get 2nd best odds, I do not believe we drop to 5th. Last year, we broke our curse of falling and locked the 3rd spot and that has worked out pretty good so far.

Mark my words, we end up with 2nd pick at worst this year. I do believe we end up with best odds still though. Lin or Lopez will most likely be rested or tweak something before too long.

I definitely don't want Isaac or Markkanen though....not after this Nets performance this year! ;D

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You know what would be ironic and yet sadly funny? If, for all the cheering and hoping we do for the Nets to lose and end up being the worst team in the league, that the Lakers, who finish with the 2nd worst record, end up with the #1 pick. People here will be screaming bloody murder that all the Nets had to do was win another game or two and the Celtics could have had the 2nd worst record and won the lottery

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Wizards up 63-42 at the half.

So far so good.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Wizard fan for a night! Thank goodness they are up by 20 with less than 9 minutes to go.   Winnable game for the Lakers tonight (OK, not really).

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Wizard fan for a night! Thank goodness they are up by 20 with less than 9 minutes to go.   Winnable game for the Lakers tonight (OK, not really).

We'll revisit that comment in four hours (well, probably more, since that's past my bedtime.)

• Don Nelson
Sky didnt fall tonight! Cheers all... thank you Nets....

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Thanks for the TP..right back at you. I love this avatar!

My point is that even if we get 2nd best odds, I do not believe we drop to 5th. Last year, we broke our curse of falling and locked the 3rd spot and that has worked out pretty good so far.

Mark my words, we end up with 2nd pick at worst this year. I do believe we end up with best odds still though. Lin or Lopez will most likely be rested or tweak something before too long.

I definitely don't want Isaac or Markkanen though....not after this Nets performance this year! ;D

I hear ya. I just really, really don't wanna pick 5th. I agreed with everything else. Top 2 would be amazing. I'd love Fultz or Jackson but if DA wants Ball over either I could surely live with that... Just please, not the 5th pick. Or if I'm being greedy, not 4th either haha.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Come on Celtic Hawks we need ya

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Thx Wiz. Now lose the rest.

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

You want them to lose to Cleveland tomorrow?

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

They can beat Cleveland tomorrow please.  And then lose the rest.

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379

LeBron got a scratched cornea tonight---won't play tomorrow most likely.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

LeBron got a scratched cornea tonight---won't play tomorrow most likely.

Meh....he is a Whiner , but not that big of woose.....he ll play .....or his team will get pounded.