Author Topic: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (20-62, #1)  (Read 346211 times)

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I don 't know how many games away the have left .  But those will all be Losses.   

Issue is some teams rest guys before playoffs if they are not playing for anything .   So there's that angle too.
The Nets have 7 more road games but two of those are against the Sixers and Magic.  They also have two home games against the Sixers and Magic.

76ers are competing. They should at worst split the next two against the Nets. Pistons are vying for the 8th seed and have no reason to not try as hard as possible to win. Magic is a toss up but even they arent outright tanking like the lakers or suns.

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Would suck if the Lakers snatch away the #1 pick from us.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Lakers are going to lose out in all likelihood. Nets have a good chance to beat the Magic 2x, they can beat the Sixers, they'll play the Bulls 2x after their season could be over (If Chicago keeps losing like they have been lately, they'll be eliminated & won't care at this point). They also play the Pistons who they've beat 2x already this year.

Reason for concern? You bet.

Should've traded the pick when Danny had the chance.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Brooklyn just blew out PHX by 28.

Uh oh.

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
They're getting the number 1 pick, we're only hoping the odds save us from getting screwed again (if the nets are dead last we'd at least be guaranteed a top 4 pick while if they catch the lakers I bet we'll get the 5th pick ala 07)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Uh oh.

Wow i watched the 1st quarter and the Suns were up by 15 points! A 43 point swing must mean they went on a rage from 3 point land.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Lakers are going to lose out in all likelihood. Nets have a good chance to beat the Magic 2x, they can beat the Sixers, they'll play the Bulls 2x after their season could be over (If Chicago keeps losing like they have been lately, they'll be eliminated & won't care at this point). They also play the Pistons who they've beat 2x already this year.

Reason for concern? You bet.

Should've traded the pick when Danny had the chance.

He will still have the chance. One of Chicago or Indiana or LAC will want that pick regardless of whether its 1,2 or 3.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Uh oh.

Wow i watched the 1st quarter and the Suns were up by 15 points! A 43 point swing must mean they went on a rage from 3 point land.

Nope.  8-29 from 3 for the game.

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
oh no, please don't tell me this is happening.

Silver is dying to give the lakers the number one pick

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
The Nets will lose the next three.

Fear not...

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Well as long as we get second we're getting our guy Fultz
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
The Nets could shut down Lopez, like they did last year,  for the rest of the season pretty soon. But I don't see them shutting down anyone else. Maybe Danny can send them Cleveland's 2nd rounder this year to tank a couple of the winnable games.

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

Well as long as we get second we're getting our guy Fultz
LA would be pretty dumb to pick Ball over Fultz but I could see it happening. No other team in the lottery would pick Ball over Fultz. I think Fultz is that much better than Ball and he'll be a consensus no. 1 come draft time.

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906

I would love it if the Lakers finished as the worst team and ended up with the fourth pick.

Fun fact, Wins in March:

Golden State: 7
Brooklyn: 6
Cleveland: 5

Mike

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
I personally don't care if we end up with the second worst record. It is unlikely that the team with the worst record will land the #1 pick in the lottery again this year.