Author Topic: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (20-62, #1)  (Read 346210 times)

Re: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (5-15, #3 on 12/5)
« Reply #660 on: December 06, 2016, 12:01:21 PM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
Feeling pretty good right now. Was thinking that, in this four game stretch of 2X MIL, WAS and DEN, that 1-3 would be a great result. It's hard to beat the same team 2X in a row and I figured that they would beat either WAS or DEN. 0-3 as we head into Denver is a great position.

Of course, that means that during their "rest of December from Hell," they'll probably go 4-7 or 5-6 and beat the Warriors and Cavs, making CBers' heads burst.

Mike

« Reply #661 on: December 06, 2016, 12:19:28 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Feeling pretty good right now. Was thinking that, in this four game stretch of 2X MIL, WAS and DEN, that 1-3 would be a great result. It's hard to beat the same team 2X in a row and I figured that they would beat either WAS or DEN. 0-3 as we head into Denver is a great position.

Of course, that means that during their "rest of December from Hell," they'll probably go 4-7 or 5-6 and beat the Warriors and Cavs, making CBers' heads burst.

Mike
no need to be pessimistic or negative. the nets really, really suck and why not be hopeful? its almost the holidays, and did i mention that the nets really, really suck?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #662 on: December 06, 2016, 12:43:54 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79

Mike
no need to be pessimistic or negative. the nets really, really suck and why not be hopeful? its almost the holidays, and did i mention that the nets really, really suck?  ;D
Right on. I think they are 1-9 in the last ten games. I think a few more losses might break them. Good times.

« Reply #663 on: December 06, 2016, 12:47:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Mike
Right on. I think they are 1-9 in the last ten games. I think a few more losses might break them. Good times.

Are people really surprised? I feel like a few people thought for some reason RHJ and Mcullough were legit budding young stars. I really thought they had a bunch of bad players on their team after being forced to go with their plan c in free agency. Also, does Lin regret signing there?

« Reply #664 on: December 06, 2016, 12:50:07 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

Mike

Are people really surprised? I feel like a few people thought for some reason RHJ and Mcullough were legit budding young stars. I really thought they had a bunch of bad players on their team after being forced to go with their plan c in free agency. Also, does Lin regret signing there?
To be fair, most Celts fans only watch the Nets when they play us, and some guys there sure look like allstars when they play us  ;)

« Reply #665 on: December 06, 2016, 12:55:01 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Per Woj.

Sources: Donatas Motiejunas will not report to Rockets to take physical and join team. Rockets and RFA's reps discussing next steps.

Rockets options: Leave open current offer/deal and wait, or return Motiejunas to restricted free agency. He couldn't sign w/ Nets for a year

This is hilarious too.

« Reply #666 on: December 06, 2016, 12:57:31 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Mike

To be fair, most Celts fans only watch the Nets when they play us, and some guys there sure look like allstars when they play us  ;)

You should really watch more, what's a few more years off your life? Watching the Nets beast on teams early and those teams looking like pure crap in the first half can make anyone go insane but then in the 2nd half Nets implode or teams play a few minutes of basketball and all is right with the world again when The Boston Nets come out victorious (lose)!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #667 on: December 06, 2016, 01:07:12 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
2nd worst defensive rating.   ;D

2nd worst net rating.   ;D ;D

3rd worst record.   ;D ;D ;D

Woo hoo!!

« Reply #668 on: December 06, 2016, 01:11:05 PM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker

Mike

Nope, I refuse to believe that. Until they do what they are supposed to do (lose their games to good teams), I shall be waiting for the other shoe to drop, knowing it is probably going to hit me in the head.

I don't have a choice, I grew up a Red Sox fan. And not like you young whippersnappers these days who think we win a World Series every five years. Nope. I grew up with Bob Stanley. Bucky F'ing Dent. The whole crew.

No, I can't play your reindeer games. I will be happy when Banner #18 is hanging from the rafters, and that will only last for 15 minutes, after which I will start worrying about Banner #19.

Yes, living in my head is very painful and dangerous.

Mike

« Reply #669 on: December 07, 2016, 09:10:08 PM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
Well, I guess you can't lose them all.

Mike

« Reply #670 on: December 07, 2016, 09:12:49 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
I HATE the Nuggets.

They come in here and kick our butts and are losing by 30 to Brooklyn!?!?!?!

« Reply #671 on: December 07, 2016, 09:30:53 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I HATE the Nuggets.

I know ...this ...sucks donkey balls ......where is the guy that scored like 24 points in one 1/4 against us ? Now ?

« Reply #672 on: December 07, 2016, 09:32:17 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I HATE the Nuggets.

I know ...this ...sucks donkey balls ......where is the guy that scored like 24 points in one 1/4 against us ? Now ?
They were down 30??? Its a 5 point game!!!!
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #673 on: December 07, 2016, 09:32:56 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1948
Well they managed to cut it to 5.  Seeing as how bad Denver is, I could live with them going 1-1 against the Nets this season.  But obviously there's no guarantee they win even at home.

« Reply #674 on: December 07, 2016, 09:33:19 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I HATE the Nuggets.

It was mudiay.