Author Topic: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (20-62, #1)  (Read 346697 times)

Re: The official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets season watch thread
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2016, 11:54:15 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
What's funny though, is that with these marginal improvements from the Lakers, they're pretty much guaranteeing that they will lose their 2017 draft pick, instead of their 2018 one. If I was a betting man, their 2017 draft pick is going to be quite better than their 2018 one.

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2016, 12:01:06 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
The Wade news is excellent for the pick. You'd have to imagine the Heat retain Johnson now.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2016, 12:14:33 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2016, 10:05:49 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
The Wade news is excellent for the pick. You'd have to imagine the Heat retain Johnson now.

That could mean they go more stronger for other RFA like Sully. There are still some serviceable players out there for them to improve with. Although I'm pretty hapy with how the summer has gone so far

« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2016, 10:13:38 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
What's funny though, is that with these marginal improvements from the Lakers, they're pretty much guaranteeing that they will lose their 2017 draft pick, instead of their 2018 one. If I was a betting man, their 2017 draft pick is going to be quite better than their 2018 one.

It would have been hard for them to guarantee that they didn't lose their 201 pick, though.  It makes sense for them to try and win games now, and only give Philly a late lottery pick

And, heck, it's the Lakers, they might just get the #1 pick anyway
I'm bitter.

« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2016, 10:22:13 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Is there any other team remotely as bad as Brooklyn. I'm trying to figure out what the competition is. Philly got better, Lakers got better, Suns got better and healthy, twolves are a year older, NO is healthy, nuggets got better. The only teams that seemingly got worse are Miami and Dallas

« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2016, 10:35:16 AM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Is there any other team remotely as bad as Brooklyn. I'm trying to figure out what the competition is. Philly got better, Lakers got better, Suns got better and healthy, twolves are a year older, NO is healthy, nuggets got better. The only teams that seemingly got worse are Miami and Dallas

Only realistic drop I see is Mavs accepting failure and giving Dirk a farewell tour

« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2016, 10:41:31 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

Dallas and Miami are too good to be worse than Brooklyn.

The Suns and 76ers could easily be worse than Brooklyn though. Especially the suns. I think this is the year that the 76ers actually try and start to build something.

« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2016, 10:44:53 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I still think Philly and the Lakers are going to be really bad. Even though they got better, I still do not think they are better than the Nets.

Miami might have gotten worse, but I don't see Bogut and Barnes being a downgrade from an injured Parsons and Zaza for the Mavs.

I think there will be a team that ends up in the bottom five due to injury that we don't expect.

It's crazy that not one team seems to be tanking this year.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2016, 10:52:47 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

Dallas and Miami are too good to be worse than Brooklyn.

The Suns and 76ers could easily be worse than Brooklyn though. Especially the suns. I think this is the year that the 76ers actually try and start to build something.
So far philly roster looks like this:
Bayless
Henderson
Simmons
Noel
Okafor
That team is not too shabby. Way better than Brooklyn, just a question of team chemistry.
The Suns also have a respectable young team now;
Bledsoe
Knight
Booker
Chris
Bender

Both of these teams can possibly be in the 10th pick range.

« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2016, 10:53:39 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I still think Philly and the Lakers are going to be really bad. Even though they got better, I still do not think they are better than the Nets.

Miami might have gotten worse, but I don't see Bogut and Barnes being a downgrade from an injured Parsons and Zaza for the Mavs.

I think there will be a team that ends up in the bottom five due to injury that we don't expect.

It's crazy that not one team seems to be tanking this year.
agreed on the initial overview on tanking -- not even Philly seems to be at it this year.

I predicted a top 5 pick coming from Brooklyn last summer and did even better getting the #3. 

This year I'm going on the record predicting a top 3 pick that we'll be getting from Brooklyn while sending them something between 22-24.   Granted free agency is still going on and trades can still happen prior to the start of the season but at this point I don't see anyone whose roster is as bad as the the Nets have.   

Something I haven't seen mentioned in any other thread is the impact Durant going to GSW will have on the Nets.  Prior to that move, I could envision the Nets moving Brook Lopez to a team looking for a center to put them over the top-->the type of deal that gets them a couple of picks and a young prospect or two to help in their rebuild for the following year.  Now with Durant in GSW, I think it's less likely that there will be teams looking at Lopez as the missing piece to get them to the title since GSW is looking like the presumptive winner of the championship now.  just speculation on my part but I think that move hurt the chances of the Nets moving Lopez and thereby ensuring their (our) pick goes into the lottery at #1.

« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2016, 11:05:41 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
GSW has pretty much locked up the NBA title (but stranger things have happened, injuries, etc.) but teams are still in it to win in the playoffs, which equals plenty of revenue. I would love that since the networks dished out all of this money to NBA and GSW now has the monopoly on boardwalk and park place, it would be awesome if no one watched the games and the ratings plummeted. I mean what's the point unless you're a bball junkie. Maybe they'll encourage betting on NBA games. It works for the NFL.

Edit: Regarding the Nets, LOL , what a roster. Top 4 pick guaranteed, and this is after they lose the most games but have a chance to fall to number 4 in the lottery. That is all.
And yes, I do wonder if DA traded for Jimmy Butler, would that have changed KD's mind. I personally don't think so.

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2016, 07:14:30 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
Nets signed Allen Crabbe from Portland to a 4 year, $75 million offer sheet. I know nothing about Allen Crabbe and I'm curious to hear what people think about this.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2016, 07:19:00 AM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
Nets signed Allen Crabbe from Portland to a 4 year, $75 million offer sheet. I know nothing about Allen Crabbe and I'm curious to hear what people think about this.

he is a good player...weird how no one else wanted picked him up..
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2016, 07:28:34 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Good shooter and average to below average at everything else.