Author Topic: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (20-62, #1)  (Read 346676 times)

Re: The official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets season watch thread
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 01:50:06 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I hope they sign Rondo, it would make watching their games at least entertaining

The team will be bad, but Rondo could add the needed bit of flair and hot-headedness
I'm bitter.

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 01:55:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Here we go again

I hope they sign Sully

And give him FREE Ice Cream at Ben and Jerrys  ;D

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 01:56:04 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
So Thad Young has netted the #20 pick. A positive move for Brooklyn but certainly not going to make them better short term so it looks like a win for us!

My only concern is they might be looking to create cap space to make a splash in FA. They aren't an attractive proposition but still...
Perhaps, but do you think they can get someone as good as young and for less money?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 02:17:33 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Over/under on 16 Brooklyn wins next season?

I'm guessing over, but only because I think they'll sign a few middling free agents, just enough to push them past the dregs of the league.

Who are the dregs this year, anyway? I suppose Philly has one more year at the bottom. NO needs Davis to stay healthy.

Mike

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 02:30:10 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I bet they go after Turner.

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 01:35:13 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I love this thread. It always gives me something to come back to when I get cranky about the team. I believe it was Julie Andrews who said it best:

When the draft bites
When free agency stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember the Brooklyn draft picks
And then I don't feel so bad

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 02:14:32 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Brooklyn, Phoenix, Philly and possibly Orlando look like the pick of the litter box right now. Unless we get a top pick with a "franchise" player, this pick is getting traded, even if we have to "get hosed" a little bit. No more young guys needed and we still have their '18 pick. Yabusele and Zizic could be coming over to occupy some roster space by then, if they're also not traded.

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2016, 02:21:16 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Harry Giles to the Celtics!!!  ;D ;D ;D 8)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2016, 02:24:06 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
Honestly, his 2 torn ACLs scare me. He's already lost some athleticism, I fear he will become another Derrick Rose regardless of talent

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2016, 02:25:21 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

It sounds like Jackson may be the real gem of this draft, and think about the potential of a defensive trio of Smart-Jackson-Jaylen at the 1-3  8)
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 02:36:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Brooklyn, Phoenix, Philly and possibly Orlando look like the pick of the litter box right now. Unless we get a top pick with a "franchise" player, this pick is getting traded, even if we have to "get hosed" a little bit. No more young guys needed and we still have their '18 pick. Yabusele and Zizic could be coming over to occupy some roster space by then, if they're also not traded.

I think Orlando has too many average players to be truly awful. Vucevic is an average NBA starting center, Gordon should make the jump to being an average NBA player. Ibaka is obviously above average player. Hezenga should also be improving. It is not a glamorous roster, but certainly a step above historic bad.

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 02:45:45 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I just want to get a post in this thread early. Last year's thread probably wins the MVP of threads.

As of right now, I don't see how the Nets aren't the worst team in the year next year.

PHX (new draft choices, players returning from injury), ORL (decent starting five, will probably commit to Fournier with Oladipo gone), Philly/Minny (fantastic young cores).

Teams like Denver, Sac, LAL could surprise in the 'suck' department, but all have superior rosters to the current Nets team.

I expect this to be a fun year...and let's hope Brown really shines!

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 03:03:58 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Over/under on 16 Brooklyn wins next season?

I'm guessing over, but only because I think they'll sign a few middling free agents, just enough to push them past the dregs of the league.

Who are the dregs this year, anyway? I suppose Philly has one more year at the bottom. NO needs Davis to stay healthy.

Mike
my bet is under, i mean they will most likely sign 3-4 Evan Turner level players who will pad their stats along with Lopez, but that can't and wont get them in many W columns
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2016, 03:27:32 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I just want to get a post in this thread early. Last year's thread probably wins the MVP of threads.

As of right now, I don't see how the Nets aren't the worst team in the year next year.

PHX (new draft choices, players returning from injury), ORL (decent starting five, will probably commit to Fournier with Oladipo gone), Philly/Minny (fantastic young cores).

Teams like Denver, Sac, LAL could surprise in the 'suck' department, but all have superior rosters to the current Nets team.

I expect this to be a fun year...and let's hope Brown really shines!

I think it all comes down to free agency.  If they can score some decent players, they could do better than a couple of teams that really tank it.  If they strike out, though, Marks will have to consider trading Lopez for a couple of picks (maybe one in 2017, to go with what will likely be our pick) and trying to set up a good foundation for the team.  They have no reason to tank, but if they look like the worst team in the league, they'll have to at least consider dealing Lopez
I'm bitter.

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2016, 05:46:53 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Everything's coming up millhouse
I trust Danny Ainge