Author Topic: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (20-62, #1)  (Read 347848 times)

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
How are the Nets doing tonight, oh wait.

Who,are they playing tonight ?

They are playing their beneficiary.

Us .....Celtics Blog ......say Thank you Brooklin

I think we should all create our own team and play the Nets tbh.

Celticsblog vs. Brooklyn Nets  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I have a question.

Why is there a Brooklyn Nets thread on a Celtic Blog? Do the Celtics have an ownership interest in the Nets?

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
the refs are killing Miami.

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Deron Williams is 1 assist from a ignominious triple double -- points, turnovers and assists.

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Tempting to start up the old Official 2018 Brooklyn Nets Watch!!   ;D ;D ;D
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Pretty funny that Brooklyn's going to wind up with almost exactly the same record as last season but they'll be comfortably in #1 instead of #3 and way ahead of the bottom 2.  Cellar teams weren't nearly as atrocious this year.

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Possibly with the #1 pick in the 2017 draft AND possibly with the #1 seed in the East? Oh baby!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Tempting to start up the old Official 2018 Brooklyn Nets Watch!!   ;D ;D ;D

Gotta do the Brooklyn Nets Off-Season thread first!
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Pretty funny that Brooklyn's going to wind up with almost exactly the same record as last season but they'll be comfortably in #1 instead of #3 and way ahead of the bottom 2.  Cellar teams weren't nearly as atrocious this year.

Mr Hinkie was absent

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Yeah, we've lucked out with these Brooklyn picks in a number of ways, not the least of which is that there were a ton of teams tanking 2 and 3 years ago and now all of those teams are in a different part of the rebuilding cycle so you don't have the pileup at the bottom that there was for the Wiggins and then Towns drafts. If there was the same kind of tanking going on in the league the Nets might be #5 or #6. But the only real tankers this seasons were LA and Phoenix and no one in the East was trying to lose games (even Philly started to pivot toward winning more this season).
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
I have a question.

Why is there a Brooklyn Nets thread on a Celtic Blog? Do the Celtics have an ownership interest in the Nets?

We have a significant equity ownership in their future.

Mike

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I have a question.

We are outsourceing tanking via Nets. We have to watch and evaluate how well they are at their job.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
I have a question.

We are outsourceing tanking via Nets. We have to watch and evaluate how well they are at their job.

Imagine being the Lakers and having to tank by losing your own games a bunch of years in a row  :D

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
LOL, the Lakers won yet again and are locked in at #3 now. 

Assuming Brooklyn loses tonight with half their roster sitting, they'll finish between 4-7 games short of catching Phoenix + LA.  This is why a lot of people weren't too worried even as they started heating up late.  It was just too much to get out of the hole they dug over the first 75% of the year.

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
LOL, the Lakers won yet again and are locked in at #3 now. 

Assuming Brooklyn loses tonight with half their roster sitting, they'll finish between 4-7 games short of catching Phoenix + LA.  This is why a lot of people weren't too worried even as they started heating up late.  It was just too much to get out of the hole they dug over the first 75% of the year.

And I'm rooting for them to finish at #3. If they still owe their pick to PHL next year, it will be unprotected, so I won't have to worry about them tanking.

Mike