Author Topic: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (20-62, #1)  (Read 348281 times)

Re: The official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets season watch thread
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2016, 12:35:33 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
My one concern is that Riley will try to tank next season, just to mess us up.

Whiteside, Johnson, Dragic, Winslow alone will win you plenty of games. I'm not sure they can lose as many as BKN even if they're trying.

« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2016, 12:38:29 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Whiteside, Johnson, Dragic, Winslow alone will win you plenty of games. I'm not sure they can lose as many as BKN even if they're trying.

BKN is a Brook Lopez injury away from being a sub 15 win team, IMO.

EDIT:  And I might be  generous there.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2016, 12:44:34 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Riley can't tank nearly enough next season to get near the Nets.  Compare their starting lineups, and we'll assume Bosh is done.

Dragic > Lin
Richardson > Bogdanovich
Winslow > RHJ
Williams? < Booker
Whiteside > Lopez

Tyler Johnson and Wayne Ellington, while nothing special, are better than anything the Nets have on their bench.

I don't think the Heat will be good.  Frankly I expect them to be a bottom 8 team.  But it would take a lot for them to drop below the Nets, who shouldn't win 20 games.  There's a big difference between not good, like the Heat, and miserably bad, like the Nets.

« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2016, 12:52:59 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
It does look like Marks is setting himself up the same way Hinkie did. That is to use cap space to acquire assets as the year goes on. That is a good option for them considering what they were able to acquire for Thad Young. That's good for us too as it will mean less talent on the floor this year

« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2016, 12:54:03 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Riley can't tank nearly enough next season to get near the Nets.  Compare their starting lineups, and we'll assume Bosh is done.

Dragic > Lin
Richardson > Bogdanovich
Winslow > RHJ
Williams? < Booker
Whiteside > Lopez

Tyler Johnson and Wayne Ellington, while nothing special, are better than anything the Nets have on their bench.

I don't think the Heat will be good.  Frankly I expect them to be a bottom 8 team.  But it would take a lot for them to drop below the Nets, who shouldn't win 20 games.  There's a big difference between not good, like the Heat, and miserably bad, like the Nets.
I believe the Nets don't even own their first this year.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2016, 12:55:41 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
The Nests signed Anthony Bennett, does that means they are raising the white flag ?  ;)

« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2016, 01:05:42 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Dragic > Lin
Richardson > Bogdanovich
Winslow > RHJ
Williams? < Booker
Whiteside > Lopez

No, but you're telling Celticsblog that the Nets don't own their pick?

« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2016, 01:07:54 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  Adrian Wojnarowski
‏@WojVerticalNBA
Free agent guard Randy Foye has agreed on a one-year deal with the Brooklyn Nets, league sources tell @TheVertical.

« Reply #128 on: July 14, 2016, 01:08:41 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
You guys think Brooklyn will offer Waiters? Anyone willing to put on offer sheet on him for that matter? lol
OKC have Oladipo and the other guy at sg now....so offering or matching for Waiters for big money does not make sense....

I think they did well as far as drafting Caris Lavert....they did draft him 20th but he is a legit player and his play speaks for itself.....just needs to get healthy.

Okafor was there on the table for the 3rd pick.....wish we traded down with the Wolves for Lavine and the #5 for Dunn and then traded the #5 for Okafor. At least Lavine and Okafor we know can play and have upside still/youth.

DRafting Jaylen with the #3 when there are: Stanley Johnson, Winslow, and even Jabari and others makes me scratch my head a bit.

I think people are angry at the value added based on the value of the picks.....they just did not equal eachother and DA could have done a much better job. Jaylen and Yab are good players and no ones angry at those players or that we selected them, IMO people see that we could have traded down and selected those players while also getting more assets and VALUE

Makes perfect sense if Danny is a mind-reader.  Maybe you're giving him too much credit in that regard...or hey, maybe YOU are a mind-reader!  ::)
or maybe this board is full of crap on these trade assumptions.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2016, 01:37:49 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
  Adrian Wojnarowski
‏@WojVerticalNBA
Free agent guard Randy Foye has agreed on a one-year deal with the Brooklyn Nets, league sources tell @TheVertical.
It gets better. This guy is awful. Shot 35% from the field on OKC on only wide-open looks. Can't defend anyone. Excellent move by Marks.

« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2016, 01:41:01 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
Back of the rotation signings today for BKN.

It looks like their roster is being rounded out going into the year. They're one injury away from a guaranteed Top 3

« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2016, 01:42:19 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Dragic > Lin
Richardson > Bogdanovich
Winslow > RHJ
Williams? < Booker
Whiteside > Lopez

No, but you're telling Celticsblog that the Nets don't own their pick?
[dang]. lol Im not sure what happened there. I meant to say the Heat didnt have their pick but this is also incorrect.

Im not quite sure what I was thinking there.

But yes, if anyone was unclear, the Brooklyn Nets do not have their own first next season lol.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2016, 01:47:11 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Who is Joe Harris?

Mike

« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2016, 01:55:01 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Who is Joe Harris?

Mike

3rd year player who rode the bench for the Cavs his 1st 1.5 seasons before getting hurt, traded, and released.

« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2016, 01:58:59 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Who is Joe Harris?

Mike

3rd year player who rode the bench for the Cavs his 1st 1.5 seasons before getting hurt, traded, and released.

That's the kind of thing I like to hear!

Mike