Author Topic: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (20-62, #1)  (Read 348120 times)

Re: The official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets season watch thread
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2016, 12:56:38 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
You guys think Brooklyn will offer Waiters? Anyone willing to put on offer sheet on him for that matter? lol
OKC have Oladipo and the other guy at sg now....so offering or matching for Waiters for big money does not make sense....

I think they did well as far as drafting Caris Lavert....they did draft him 20th but he is a legit player and his play speaks for itself.....just needs to get healthy.

Okafor was there on the table for the 3rd pick.....wish we traded down with the Wolves for Lavine and the #5 for Dunn and then traded the #5 for Okafor. At least Lavine and Okafor we know can play and have upside still/youth.

DRafting Jaylen with the #3 when there are: Stanley Johnson, Winslow, and even Jabari and others makes me scratch my head a bit.

I think people are angry at the value added based on the value of the picks.....they just did not equal eachother and DA could have done a much better job. Jaylen and Yab are good players and no ones angry at those players or that we selected them, IMO people see that we could have traded down and selected those players while also getting more assets and VALUE
what are you getting at with this bit?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2016, 02:52:01 PM »

Offline ReadyFor17

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • The shortest answer is doing the thing
You guys think Brooklyn will offer Waiters? Anyone willing to put on offer sheet on him for that matter? lol
OKC have Oladipo and the other guy at sg now....so offering or matching for Waiters for big money does not make sense....

I think they did well as far as drafting Caris Lavert....they did draft him 20th but he is a legit player and his play speaks for itself.....just needs to get healthy.

Okafor was there on the table for the 3rd pick.....wish we traded down with the Wolves for Lavine and the #5 for Dunn and then traded the #5 for Okafor. At least Lavine and Okafor we know can play and have upside still/youth.

DRafting Jaylen with the #3 when there are: Stanley Johnson, Winslow, and even Jabari and others makes me scratch my head a bit.

I think people are angry at the value added based on the value of the picks.....they just did not equal eachother and DA could have done a much better job. Jaylen and Yab are good players and no ones angry at those players or that we selected them, IMO people see that we could have traded down and selected those players while also getting more assets and VALUE

So instead of drafting Dunn at 5 the Wolves were going to trade the #5 and Lavine for the #3 pick to...draft Dunn?
"But man is not made for defeat. Man can be destroyed but not defeated."

« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2016, 02:32:24 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Nets pull of a huge coup, getting Luis Scola on a 1-year deal.

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1058577-report-nets-scola-agree-to-1-year-deal

DO NOT TRADE THAT '17 pick under any circumstances. No Blake, No Boogie, No Kareem, Noone.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2016, 04:03:16 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

Makes perfect sense if Danny is a mind-reader.  Maybe you're giving him too much credit in that regard...or hey, maybe YOU are a mind-reader!  ::)

« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2016, 01:27:21 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Nets pull of a huge coup, getting Luis Scola on a 1-year deal.

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1058577-report-nets-scola-agree-to-1-year-deal

DO NOT TRADE THAT '17 pick under any circumstances. No Blake, No Boogie, No Kareem, Noone.

Surprised that we didn't go for him. We have enough cap room left for a long-term max deal. Maybe they'd trade him to us if we gave them their picks back.

Mike

« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2016, 02:07:07 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Scola is like 36 years old. He's trending down faaaast. FAAAAASSSSTT!

Speaking of Dunn, how awful does Philly feel about not trading for the 3rd pick in the draft. What a whiff (it looks like right now).

« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2016, 02:45:46 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Scola is like 36 years old. He's trending down faaaast. FAAAAASSSSTT!

Speaking of Dunn, how awful does Philly feel about not trading for the 3rd pick in the draft. What a whiff (it looks like right now).

Nah, it's only summer league. He's beating up on a bunch of 18 and 19-year olds. We'll see how it looks a couple of years from now. But if we were asking for the Lakers or their pick next year, they did the right thing.

Poor Brooklyn. I almost feel bad for them. Almost.

Mike

« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2016, 01:56:29 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
 Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted
Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania 38m38 minutes ago

Free agent forward Terrence Jones is nearing agreement on a one-year deal with the New Orleans Pelicans, league sources tell The Vertical.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 2h2 hours ago

Free agent guard Joe Harris has agreed to a deal with the Brooklyn Nets, league sources tell @TheVertical.

« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2016, 11:05:14 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
So the Nets' roster stands at 13 by my count, just 2 spots left.

Current depth chart

Jeremy Lin/ Greivis Vasquez/ Isaiah Whitehead
Bojan Bogdanovic/ Sean Kilpatrick/ Joe Harris
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson/ Caris LeVert
Luis Scola/ Trevor Booker/ Chris McCullough
Brook Lopez/ Justin Hamilton

Hopefully the last 2 spots are taken up by Summer League scrubs. If that isn't the worst roster in the league it's very close to it.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2016, 11:06:47 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Current depth chart

Hopefully the last 2 spots are taken up by Summer League scrubs. If that isn't the worst roster in the league it's very close to it.

Trevor Booker is starting over Scola, but regardless, that is the worst roster in the NBA.

« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2016, 12:09:31 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Current depth chart

Trevor Booker is starting over Scola, but regardless, that is the worst roster in the NBA.

I know we said this last year (and they still finished third worst), but imagine if Lopez misses any significant time. Wow - that roster is horrible.

« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2016, 12:18:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
My one concern is that Riley will try to tank next season, just to mess us up.

« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2016, 12:24:22 PM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
Looks like they're about to sign Anthony Bennett: https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2016, 12:32:00 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
Looks like they're about to sign Anthony Bennett: https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto
and the celtics position in the draft improves yet again!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2016, 12:32:33 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja

Current depth chart

this really really sucks as a team. good gosh, i am soooo happy.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva