Author Topic: Jaylen Brown Hit 76/100 Threes  (Read 14793 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown Hit 76/100 Threes
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 01:28:24 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Am I the only one that just flat out doesn't believe this?  I think the kid is marketing himself.  Nothing more.

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2016, 01:28:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Do we havs our guy? Lets stop the madness already lol

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2016, 01:31:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Am I the only one that just flat out doesn't believe this?  I think the kid is marketing himself.  Nothing more.

Why the hate. He shot 76/100

Explosive

He has clearly worked on his weakness since college season ended

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 01:32:08 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I watched the NBA.com interview he had with Isiah Thomas.  He looked good knocking down shots.

I saw that too. (the older Isiah it should be noted).  Swished a number in a row.  It's encouraging.  He's so young.  The draft is about upside.  I still think Dunn is BPA and Murray knows the game better.  But if they go Brown I'm ready to root...Brad Stevens should would be a great coach for Brown to boost is bbiq step by step. 

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2016, 01:32:30 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
I'm all for this guy. I believe he's gonna be a legit two way star. I believe his ceiling is that of a hyper athletic Kwahi Leonard. He's gotta be the guy.

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2016, 01:36:15 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm in on Brown. The more I read about him the more I think his choice of college, both in the system they ran and the teammates he had really slowed him down.

He played on a team with no spacing/shooting, in a slow down system. The exact opposite situation that would be perfect for him.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2016, 01:36:23 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm all for this guy. I believe he's gonna be a legit two way star. I believe his ceiling is that of a hyper athletic Kwahi Leonard. He's gotta be the guy.

I actually didn't think about this, but I can definitely see the comparison. Kawhi wasn't drafted in the lottery and not many people believed he had the potential to be a two way player. Definitely see that in Brown too. I'll be ecstatic if we pick him at #3

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2016, 01:39:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
So guess, at least for the next hour or so, everyone (including me) will hope/predict that Danny is going to draft him.

If we do, would Phoenix be interested in trading the 4 pick to Sixers for Okafor?

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2016, 01:40:21 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I keep telling people that NBA players can shoot amazingly well in a shoot around.  For some reason people have never paid attention until the last year or two.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2016, 01:52:10 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Very well could be, since it's him who is reporting this.  Murray and Hield didn't have to report their numbers themselves. 

It seems similar to Thon Maker saying he shot 90% from the free throw line last year.  But who knows.

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2016, 01:52:27 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Oh man...now I am back on the Brown train!

First it was Bender, then Murray, then Brown, then Butler, then Okafor, then Bender again, now back to Brown.

I am exhausted.

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2016, 01:58:40 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Very well could be, since it's him who is reporting this.  Murray and Hield didn't have to report their numbers themselves. 

It seems similar to Thon Maker saying he shot 90% from the free throw line last year.  But who knows.
eh. 90% sounds like an estimation. 76/100 is a hard number.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2016, 02:06:29 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I watched the NBA.com interview he had with Isiah Thomas.  He looked good knocking down shots.

I saw that too. (the older Isiah it should be noted).  Swished a number in a row.  It's encouraging.  He's so young.  The draft is about upside.  I still think Dunn is BPA and Murray knows the game better.  But if they go Brown I'm ready to root...Brad Stevens should would be a great coach for Brown to boost is bbiq step by step.

I think the smarty pant intellectual chess playing type actually will often struggle with bbiq more than lesser minds.  Even the ones who understand the game on paper are sometimes too "thinky" on the court.  Rondo is less an intellectual than a math stud.  He'd have gone into math or physics whereas Brown would probably end up in philosophy.  I don't know.  Maybe Brown can hang out and learn to paint with Tommy to de-stress and get his culture fill, then head over to Harvard cafeteria for lunch..hehehhe.

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2016, 02:10:02 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552
weren't people at his workout?  I mean seems kind of silly to make things up when other people were there and would just call b-s on you.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2016, 02:15:29 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Yes, you are the only one who doesn't believe this. It's not like the Celtics were not present at the workout. Brown can't lie and convince the Celtics that it did happen if it did not. And if something like that got out that he was lying then that's the sort of thing that will cause teams to pass on you.

In short, there would be very little to gain and a lot to lose about lying about something this stupid.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.