Author Topic: Durant to make decision this summer doesn't want to go through FA next year(Rumo  (Read 3998 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
According to mike Greenberg's sources at espn.he said that Durant wants to pick a team this summer and not go through free agency again next season. He wants it to be done with after this summer and pick the team he will finish his career with . He will sign a 2 year deal with an opt out after the 1st year so he can get a bigger deal next year.

Also mentioned that there are rumors Westbrook is leaving okc after next year and this factors into Durant's decision.

So does Gordon Hayward, noel, horford, IT core attract him?

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
They also said this morning that the Warriors is the team he likes. 

Who knows.

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
I think IT, Horford, Smart entices him for sure (He did say good things about Smart last year)

Not sure about Hayward or Noel but it's possible.

I feel a guy like Butler included in that IT-Horford-Smart group would entice Durant even more but honeslty Ainge and the reporters probably know more than me now (His agents did supposedly give the Celtics a list of players Durant would like to play with)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Is it possible we can tell Durant we will definitely sign Westbrook for a max after next season if Durant signs with Boston this offseason?

Okay okay just trying to be optimistic here..

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I had heard this rumored before. The idea is that Durant doesn't like that kind of attention/distraction. Really handled it pretty well this year, but you could always tell he almost wished he wasn't an upcoming free agent.

I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news. It makes it more likely that he will consider a non-OKC team. But limits the Celtics chance at him to this summer, whereas next summer might be better timing for both parties.

I just can't see him going to Golden State though. That would be too crazy for my imagination.

If he thinks Westbrook is gone next year, though, he's got to leave right?

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I had heard this rumored before. The idea is that Durant doesn't like that kind of attention/distraction. Really handled it pretty well this year, but you could always tell he almost wished he wasn't an upcoming free agent.

I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news. It makes it more likely that he will consider a non-OKC team. But limits the Celtics chance at him to this summer, whereas next summer might be better timing for both parties.

I just can't see him going to Golden State though. That would be too crazy for my imagination.

If he thinks Westbrook is gone next year, though, he's got to leave right?

Promise Durant we will sign Westbrook after next season as well  :laugh:

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Believe it when i see it
Not talking about small money, even for him

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
According to mike Greenberg's sources at espn.he said that Durant wants to pick a team this summer and not go through free agency again next season. He wants it to be done with after this summer and pick the team he will finish his career with . He will sign a 2 year deal with an opt out after the 1st year so he can get a bigger deal next year.

Also mentioned that there are rumors Westbrook is leaving okc after next year and this factors into Durant's decision.

If this is indeed true I think he is going to leave OKC. If he is looking at a long stay somewhere just seems like it would be somewhere already pretty well established like GS. Man that sucks just thinking about it.

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
They also said this morning that the Warriors is the team he likes. 

Who knows.

Based on a Frank Isola report, i.e. based on nothing lol

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

If this is indeed true I think he is going to leave OKC. If he is looking at a long stay somewhere just seems like it would be somewhere already pretty well established like GS. Man that sucks just thinking about it.

I honestly wouldn't rule out SAS.

Leonard-Aldridge-Durant-Parker oh boy...

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

No better place if he wants multiple rings.  Possibly more than the entitled one in the end.

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
So does anyone else doubt his character now? He's not a flashy guy that wants all of the attention. Rather, this is purely a basketball decision for him, and he only truly cares about winning.

If Westbrook tells Durant that he'll leave (most likely for LA) in 2017, then there's absolutely no way that Durant stays there.

Also, the Golden State Warriors report is based on a Frank Isola rumor, which has traditionally been worth about as much as you me starting a rumor. lol Though them losing the Title keeps the door open slightly for him to go to Golden State, I think he knows better than that. It's not necessarily a great fit due to their being way too many mouths to feed, and it will inevitably harm his reputation/legacy as a top player in the game.

I still think the Celtics and Spurs are the biggest threats right now. I think the Spurs will ultimately settle with Conley, though, because it'll take a little too much maneuvering and cutting to fit Durant in there.

But that doesn't make him a lock to come here. If he doesn't think that we've done enough to make us title contenders with him, then he could very well stay in OKC one more year and just look next year for a permanent home.

I wonder if a Noel/Love frontcourt pairing would be enough to entice him, though I'm still thinking that Horford is ultimately on his list of players that he'd like to play with.

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

I honestly wouldn't rule out SAS.

Leonard-Aldridge-Durant-Parker oh boy...

I don't know that I'd list Parker on the marquee anymore, but yes Leonard, Aldridge, Durant would be able to match the Golden State teams year in and year out. I think they have little flexibility beyond that, but San Antonio always seems to find a second round gem and a useful veteran or two.

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

No better place if he wants multiple rings.  Possibly more than the entitled one in the end.

Or not. He has issues with sharing the ball and stupid decision-making/shot selection with Westbrook. How is it going to be anything but exacerbated with Curry and Klay, let alone Green??

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
So does anyone else doubt his character now? He's not a flashy guy that wants all of the attention. Rather, this is purely a basketball decision for him, and he only truly cares about winning.

If Westbrook tells Durant that he'll leave (most likely for LA) in 2017, then there's absolutely no way that Durant stays there.

Also, the Golden State Warriors report is based on a Frank Isola rumor, which has traditionally been worth about as much as you me starting a rumor. lol Though them losing the Title keeps the door open slightly for him to go to Golden State, I think he knows better than that. It's not necessarily a great fit due to their being way too many mouths to feed, and it will inevitably harm his reputation/legacy as a top player in the game.

I still think the Celtics and Spurs are the biggest threats right now. I think the Spurs will ultimately settle with Conley, though, because it'll take a little too much maneuvering and cutting to fit Durant in there.

But that doesn't make him a lock to come here. If he doesn't think that we've done enough to make us title contenders with him, then he could very well stay in OKC one more year and just look next year for a permanent home.

I wonder if a Noel/Love frontcourt pairing would be enough to entice him, though I'm still thinking that Horford is ultimately on his list of players that he'd like to play with.

Hope some back channeling stuff is going on. This is one of the cases where it would be nice if the draft was after free agency. Regardless unless Ainge can get better pieces to entice him, next year would probably be the C's best shot at his services. If he's all set to make a decision this year other teams have more to offer.