Author Topic: TRADE IDEA: BOS - PHI - CLE  (Read 2943 times)

TRADE IDEA: BOS - PHI - CLE
« on: June 22, 2016, 10:29:30 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/06/boston_celtics_trade_rumors_20_207.html

"The Celtics is the trade that has made sense for six months," Windhorst said on a recent episode of the Lowe Post podcast with Zach Lowe. "I happen to know the Cavs really like Avery Bradley and to me, I would want Marcus Smart and I would want one of the draft picks. You're not getting the high (No. 3 overall) pick obviously, but you want a draft pick."

http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2016/06/nba_draft_rumors_sixers_celtics_close_to_a_trade.html

In order to swing a deal with the Celtics for the No. 3 pick, the Sixers are reportedly dangling forward Jahlil Okafor, the team's first-round pick last season. Okafor averaged 17.5 points and 7.0 rebounds last season.

With these rumors in mind, and our glaring weaknesses in the front court last season, here is the trade idea:

Boston sends: Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley, Jonas Jerebko, #3, #16, & #31
Boston receives: Kevin Love and Jahlil Okafor

Cleveland sends: Kevin Love
Cleveland receives: Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley, #16, & #31

Philadelphia sends: Jahlil Okafor
Philadelphia receives: Jonas Jerebko & #3

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6696927

This caters to every team's reported wants/needs (if they are, indeed, accurate).  Thoughts?  Which team says no?

Re: TRADE IDEA: BOS - PHI - CLE
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 10:35:40 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Have to say that is reasonable.  Everybody's real or perceived needs are addressed.  Good work.

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 10:37:11 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The team could deal with one of them down low next to a defensive big man.

But as a pair, I think it is a bad idea.

Now replace Okafor with Noel, it makes more sense on the court.

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 10:55:06 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205

I agree, Noel would probably compliment Love's skill set more effectively.  But knowing Danny, he'll go for best talent available...so who knows.  The biggest resistance I could see would be Cleveland parting ways with Love after winning a championship, even though he is clearly the odd man out.

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 11:09:46 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Yeah, Love and Okafor would probably make us the worst defensive team in the league. That being said, there is a very workable deal with us, Philly, and Cleveland, though Windhorst is crazy if he's thinking that they're getting Bradley AND Smart. Bradley is worth just as much as Love in their system, because he's the absolute perfect fit next to someone like Kyrie. He's also a known ball-stopper, and he'd be a perfect replacement for JR in the starting lineup once he commands much more money this summer. Here's the deal:

Boston: Love, Noel

Cleveland: Amir, Bradley, 16, 22 (from Philly)

Philly: Young, #3

That's a fair deal all around that would be an excellent recruiting tool for Kevin Durant. You could also take out 16 and add KO if that's what they would rather want.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 12:12:06 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I like the idea of Noel/Love.

Love returns to the #1 offensive option. Noel shores up our defense in the middle.

Love this trade idea. Better than any combo of players we receive at the respective draft picks that are part of the deal, yes we lose Bradley but we retain Marcus Smart.

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 12:20:18 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I'd like it but it widens the gap between us and the cavs I think. But maybe I'm wrong.

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 12:23:41 PM »

Offline merkins

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
Cavs aren't trading Love for Avery Bradley, a throw in and picks .  They just beat the Warriors with that core and are not going to break it up.

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 12:31:41 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Let's not forget, Okafor has had one season.  Love is who he is, a poor defender, but Okafor is still just 20.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 12:32:19 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Cavs aren't trading Love for Avery Bradley, a throw in and picks .  They just beat the Warriors with that core and are not going to break it up.

IMO, the core does not include KLove.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 12:37:15 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

That "core" that you speak of involved a Kevin Love that will cost $21.5M dollar next year who just put up a stat line of 8.5 pts, 6.8 rebs, 1.3 asts, 1.5 TOs, 26% 3PFG%, and 36% FG% in the Finals this year. Yeah, they're definitely not breaking that up for a player that makes 1/3 of Love's salary that perfectly fits their system and what they want to do, along with other assets that they want.  ::)

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 12:42:30 PM »

Offline bowlingwarnie

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
None of our guys averaged anywhere near Love's numbers in this years finals
why Johnny Ringo...
You look like somebody just walked over your grave

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 12:45:01 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Huh?

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 12:46:42 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Huh?
something tells me Cleveland would be OK with trading for Kawhi Leonard or Lamarcus Alrdidge.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 12:51:02 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I disagree with this logic. If the Cavs traded for Amir Johnson, they could immediately waive him freeing up significant cap room to sign another max free agent plus have Avery Bradley and 2 decent young players from picks 16 and 22. That is a great deal for them and their current situation. The team is already beginning to break up with JR Smith opting out.

Kevin Love did not fit their model clearly...