Author Topic: Rumor: Hayward wants out of Utah, Jazz looking to deal him  (Read 12782 times)

Re: Rumor: Hayward wants out of Utah, Jazz looking to deal him
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2016, 10:57:19 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Quote from: Jody Genessy
This is not accurate
Quote from: Brian Geltzeiler
Hayward has expressed his unhappiness in Utah and the Jazz are attempting to accommodate him per league sources...

From what I've seen, this guy isn't really anything more than a Jazz fan/writer, though. I'm not sure that I believe the rumor either, but I'm not sure that this guy is any more reliable than the source that put out the rumor in the first place.

He's an actual Jazz reporter.

Yeah, a local newspaper writer for like the Deseret News or something. What I'm saying is people are saying his "connections" aren't really "connections." He seems to be in the same reliability tier as the source who leaked the rumor in the first place.

Not at all. The dude's actually in Utah, has direct access to the organization, and has sourced several convos with official Jazz employees. There's no reason to view him as being on the same "reliability tier" with respect to the Jazz as some random dude who's primarily associated with the Sixers and who was publicly called out by the Grizzlies' VP for spreading false trade rumors.

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2016, 10:58:12 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Not sure how accurate this rumor is, but it would make sense for them to trade Hayward if they feel he is going to leave next summer anyways. From all that I've read, we're a top suitor for him next summer due to the Butler connection, so him hearing that we were trying to trade for him could've made him request such a trade. Who knows?

Given that, I'd really only be interested in giving up the #3 for Hayward if we were getting back Favors in the deal, too. Amir, Crowder, JJ, 3, and 16 for Hayward and Favors? If not, then I'll just be happy with signing him next summer rather than wasting assets to get him.

In that case, let's keep the pick and try signing him after next season. Win win.

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2016, 11:12:29 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Not to mention, Genessy's sources align with what we've heard from a far more reputable guy in Stein than Hoops Critic. So yeah, I'll give FAR more credence to the actual Jazz reporter's news on the Jazz that aligns with one of the most reputable reporters in the league over a Sixers guy who's been publicly called out for garbage rumors.

« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2016, 11:14:23 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Not to mention, Genessy's sources align with what we've heard from a far more reputable guy in Stein than Hoops Critic. So yeah, I'll give FAR more credence to the actual Jazz reporter's news on the Jazz that aligns with one of the most reputable reporters in the league over a Sixers guy who's been publicly called out for garbage rumors.

bummed...now I'm gonna over to the "Pessimism" Thread

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2016, 11:58:28 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Yawn.

Parsons I like more than him.

We could draft Maryland's Jake Layman who appears even better than Gordon Hayward.

« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2016, 12:00:57 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
Yawn.

We could draft Maryland's Jake Layman who appears even better than Gordon Hayward.

Parsons is a good addition but his knees are horrible. I wouldn't trust him especially for the long term.

« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2016, 12:05:33 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Yawn.

this is a bold statement. One is a projected late second round pick the other just averaged 20 points a game in the NBA.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2016, 12:16:53 PM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Yawn.

this is a bold statement. One is a projected late second round pick the other just averaged 20 points a game in the NBA.

Hayward is definitely less athletic and slower than him.

« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2016, 12:19:23 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
Yawn.

would take Hayward any day over someone who may never get drafted.

« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2016, 12:22:01 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
If we get Hayward for an and #3 , does IT move back to 6th man with smart starting? Can't see IT and Hayward being a good defensive backcourt....

« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2016, 12:27:11 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
If we get Hayward for an and #3 , does IT move back to 6th man with smart starting? Can't see IT and Hayward being a good defensive backcourt....

Hayward is a wing. The issue is does Crowder go to the bench, slide to the 4 or get moved out of town for a big?
ok fine

« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2016, 12:31:14 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Yawn.

I live just miles from University of Maryland, and went to a few games this year.  Jake Layman shouldn't be uttered in the same breath as Gordon Hayward.  That's just ridiculous.  I would be surprised is Layman is even in the NBA next year.  I expect he will be overseas.

« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2016, 12:32:51 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Yawn.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2016, 12:45:52 PM »

Offline djbilly33

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 11
If we trade the #3 pick for Hayward I'm done!

That would be horrible for us

« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2016, 12:50:23 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Well that seems to contradict everything that people have said so far...

Whilst I like Hayward his price seems to be the 3rd pick + assets. Not sure that's worth it for a guy with one year left. Even if we re-sign him are you happy with paying him $25-30m the next few years?

Correction, his trade value WAS the #3 plus assets.  The second he makes the statement that he won't resign with Utah his trade value starts to tank.  They now have until the trade deadline to get something in return for a player that's going to walk at the end of the season.