Author Topic: The best offer I think the celtics can make for Butler  (Read 1742 times)

The best offer I think the celtics can make for Butler
« on: June 22, 2016, 01:01:23 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
  This is based off of @RyGuy273 idea

I changed it to what I thought was the most the celtics could offer

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jgyafas

Celtics get: Noel and Butler
Celtics give: Avery bradly,jonas jerebko, Kelly olynyk,rj hunter,terry rozier,#3 pick, #16 pick, #23 pick, 17 Brooklyn pick,

76ers get: #3 pick,#16 pick, Kelly olynyk,rj hunter
76ers give:Okafor,Noel

Bulls get: Okafor,Avery Bradley,Jonas Jerebko,terry Rozier,17 Brooklyn pick, #23,
Bulls give: Butler

Why the celtics do it
 It is a bit of an over pay but the starting line up would be phenomenal. This team would definitely be good enough to take a hard run at durant.
 With durant a starting line up of
smart
Butler
Durant
crowder
Noel
with thomas as the 6th man
is an incredible team. It would easily be the best defensive team in the nba. Every player on that team can be very fast. Letting the celtics run a fast pace. The offense would flourish being run by butler and durant. With thomas coming off the bench. The celtics  if they waived amir john sons contract which they probably do, They would be able to offer another max contract  and the 12 mill from amir johnson. To buy a bench and resign smart and noel long term.  Everyone in the starting line up would be 27 or younger. This team would be title contenders for at least the next 5 years.

Why the 76ers do it

The 76ers love Dunn, They love Simmons and they want both. Noel, Okafor and embed can't co-exist
 By getting rid of okafor or noel and switching one of them with Simmons you still have terrible floor spacing. Embiied  and Simmons are both good enough defensively to cover for Olynyks bad defense. Olynyk will stretch the floor to allow Dunn,Simmons and embed to do their work in the paint. Olynyk is a young guy so he still fits their mold. Qhile he has enough experience to be a leader in the locker room. They are looking for a young sg too. Rj Hunter can be that guard or if not they can draft a good sg with the number 16 pick. They are desperate for the number 3 pick and this gets rid of players that clog their lineup and hinder their investment in embiid.
They are desperate and everyone knows that noel and okafor is available. I think they do this trade but  if not I would throw in a couple second rounders.

Why Chicago does it:
 Chicago needs a win badly. On the verge of a rebuild this summer will determine not only the fate of the franchise but the fate of the Gar Forman's job. The Gar Forman trades Butler only if he knows he wins the trade.

Chicago gets a young star in Okfaor will he be as good as butler? No, but it's a start. He could be a third star on a big 3. Signed to rookie deal. Okafor can be a good start to any rebuild and is probably safer then anything you get at 3 or higher.  Chicago gets a good affordable starter in bradley. He is an all defensive guard. He has been in a rebuild and can be a leader in your locker room. Jonas Jerebko is a great cheap rotation player. He can be a good veteran or you can waive him and save 5 million.
 Terry Rozier is a good player who never got to reach his potential with the Celtics due to a lack of minutes. He can be a future starting pg but he will need time to develop. He has shown flashes of potential. But needs the place to grow. Making him a good prospect for Chicago.The number 23 pick will also yield a good prospect for them. They get another good prospect from their own pick. They have money from losing Joakim Noah and Pau Gasol. They can use that money to by more guys. Then next year they get a lottery pick in '17.

The Brooklyn 17 pick give them a shot at a lottery pick giving them another star type. Chicago gets a hell of a start to a rebuild.

76ers wins
Celtics wins
Bulls wins

What do you guys think?

« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 01:22:31 AM by Hawkeye199 »
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: The best offer I think the celtics can make for Butler
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 01:12:43 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I like it, but the deal is too good for Boston. On of the other two teams or both say no.

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 01:15:16 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I think the sixers say no. They aren't gonna give up both of their bigs.

Chicago also gets a TON for Butler.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 01:32:26 AM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
So you would give up the whole farm for Butler.. Okay, What happens if you don't land Durant the next year?  You become a middle of the pack team like the Hawks  and that after 3 - 4 years of coming up short your trying to trade IT & Butler for more draft picks so you can rebuild.. Again..

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 01:34:33 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
  This is based off of @RyGuy273 idea

I changed it to what I thought was the most the celtics could offer

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jgyafas

Celtics get: Noel and Butler
Celtics give: Avery bradly,jonas jerebko, Kelly olynyk,rj hunter,terry rozier,#3 pick, #16 pick, #23 pick, 17 Brooklyn pick,

76ers get: #3 pick,#16 pick, Kelly olynyk,rj hunter
76ers give:Okafor,Noel

Bulls get: Okafor,Avery Bradley,Jonas Jerebko,terry Rozier,17 Brooklyn pick, #23,
Bulls give: Butler

Why the celtics do it
 It is a bit of an over pay but the starting line up would be phenomenal. This team would definitely be good enough to take a hard run at durant.
 With durant a starting line up of
smart
Butler
Durant
crowder
Noel
with thomas as the 6th man
is an incredible team. It would easily be the best defensive team in the nba. Every player on that team can be very fast. Letting the celtics run a fast pace. The offense would flourish being run by butler and durant. With thomas coming off the bench. The celtics  if they waived amir john sons contract which they probably do, They would be able to offer another max contract  and the 12 mill from amir johnson. To buy a bench and resign smart and noel long term.  Everyone in the starting line up would be 27 or younger. This team would be title contenders for at least the next 5 years.

Why the 76ers do it

The 76ers love Dunn, They love Simmons and they want both. Noel, Okafor and embed can't co-exist
 By getting rid of okafor or noel and switching one of them with Simmons you still have terrible floor spacing. Embiied  and Simmons are both good enough defensively to cover for Olynyks bad defense. Olynyk will stretch the floor to allow Dunn,Simmons and embed to do their work in the paint. Olynyk is a young guy so he still fits their mold. Qhile he has enough experience to be a leader in the locker room. They are looking for a young sg too. Rj Hunter can be that guard or if not they can draft a good sg with the number 16 pick. They are desperate for the number 3 pick and this gets rid of players that clog their lineup and hinder their investment in embiid.
They are desperate and everyone knows that noel and okafor is available. I think they do this trade but  if not I would throw in a couple second rounders.

Why Chicago does it:
 Chicago needs a win badly. On the verge of a rebuild this summer will determine not only the fate of the franchise but the fate of the Gar Forman's job. The Gar Forman trades Butler only if he knows he wins the trade.

Chicago gets a young star in Okfaor will he be as good as butler? No, but it's a start. He could be a third star on a big 3. Signed to rookie deal. Okafor can be a good start to any rebuild and is probably safer then anything you get at 3 or higher.  Chicago gets a good affordable starter in bradley. He is an all defensive guard. He has been in a rebuild and can be a leader in your locker room. Jonas Jerebko is a great cheap rotation player. He can be a good veteran or you can waive him and save 5 million.
 Terry Rozier is a good player who never got to reach his potential with the Celtics due to a lack of minutes. He can be a future starting pg but he will need time to develop. He has shown flashes of potential. But needs the place to grow. Making him a good prospect for Chicago.The number 23 pick will also yield a good prospect for them. They get another good prospect from their own pick. They have money from losing Joakim Noah and Pau Gasol. They can use that money to by more guys. Then next year they get a lottery pick in '17.

The Brooklyn 17 pick give them a shot at a lottery pick giving them another star type. Chicago gets a hell of a start to a rebuild.

76ers wins
Celtics wins
Bulls wins

What do you guys think?
Philly can do better than that

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 01:51:50 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
So you would give up the whole farm for Butler.. Okay, What happens if you don't land Durant the next year?  You become a middle of the pack team like the Hawks  and that after 3 - 4 years of coming up short your trying to trade IT & Butler for more draft picks so you can rebuild.. Again..

Not necessarily, we still have the 2018 Brooklyn pick,memphis 2019 pick, our picks, jordan mickey and james young if he counts as anything. Not to mention a hell of a lot of money. Finding the third star is the easiest out of the three. We could still hit a star in Unrestricted FA. Such as Al horford,whiteside,derozen,conley,Al jefferson and Pau Gasol.

In 2017 Unrestricted FA, There is
Chris paul, Blake griffin,Greg monroe,Serge ibaka, Westbrook,Rudy gay,Gordon Hayward

Marcus smart or Nerlens noel could still bloom into a third star.  I think Danny can get any one of these guys I listed in the FA to seriously consider the celtics. Danny has made it clear the organization will always try and win every game even during rebuild. This takes us from getting eliminated in the first round to being eliminated in the conference finals. We are in a weak east I remind you. This is the next step
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 02:08:44 AM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75

Not necessarily, we still have the 2018 Brooklyn pick,memphis 2019 pick, our picks, jordan mickey and james young if he counts as anything. Not to mention a hell of a lot of money. Finding the third star is the easiest out of the three. We could still hit a star in Unrestricted FA. Such as Al horford,whiteside,derozen,conley,Al jefferson and Pau Gasol.

In 2017 Unrestricted FA, There is
Chris paul, Blake griffin,Greg monroe,Serge ibaka, Westbrook,Rudy gay,Gordon Hayward

Marcus smart or Nerlens noel could still bloom into a third star.  I think Danny can get any one of these guys I listed in the FA to seriously consider the celtics. Danny has made it clear the organization will always try and win every game even during rebuild. This takes us from getting eliminated in the first round to being eliminated in the conference finals. We are in a weak east I remind you. This is the next step
He also preached Patience and the importance of not making a deal to just make a deal..  Boston has never been a hot spot for landing Big Time free Agents - Ever..
The deal you are offering for Butler is something you should give up for Cousins or Durant or Paul George.. Butler is a good player but not a Superstar..  You could possibly get his offensive numbers out of Crowder or pretty close to it..  If you are going to overpay and swing for the moon do it for a player that's worth it.. Butler isnt. he's just the one of the pretty girls at the dance..
If he can be had for much less than okay..