Poll

If this is the best deal on the table, with the only alternative being drafting all of our picks. would you take the deal?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Middleton + 10 for 3, 16, 23, 31 and 35  (Read 736 times)

Middleton + 10 for 3, 16, 23, 31 and 35
« on: June 22, 2016, 12:36:01 AM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Basically moving our top five picks for a solid, potential all-star and a late lottery pick. Alas, this might be as good as it gets.

Re: Middleton + 10 for 3, 16, 23, 31 and 35
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 12:38:34 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Heck yes. Great trade for Ainge.

I'd then look to move Bradley plus a future pick package for a Big.

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 12:39:22 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
From a value standpoint I dont hate it, but this makes no basketball sense for Milwaukee and necessitates another trade for us because Middleton is a 2-3
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 12:41:34 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
From a value standpoint I dont hate it, but this makes no basketball sense for Milwaukee and necessitates another trade for us because Middleton is a 2-3

Yep. They're not trading Middleton. They're too attached to their three wings that aren't necessarily good fits together, yet they're also dying for a good, two-way point guard prospect.  ::)

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 12:44:03 AM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford

It makes sense for the Bucks if they're in love with a guy available at 3 and want to build a youth movement elsewhere. Kidd has a couple years to rebuild. We would have lots of depth at 1-3. I think we can make it work with lots of time off the bench for Jae and Marcus with Avery and Middleton starting.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 12:47:29 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

It makes sense for the Bucks if they're in love with a guy available at 3 and want to build a youth movement elsewhere. Kidd has a couple years to rebuild. We would have lots of depth at 1-3. I think we can make it work with lots of time off the bench for Jae and Marcus with Avery and Middleton starting.
It doesnt make much sense for the Bucks because they definitely need shooters. Middleton is young on a good contract, can play the two and can shoot the 3. If you can point me to a source suggesting the Bucks fell in love with someone in this draft fine, but that would be news to me. Murray and Hield dont offer anything Middleton doesnt and any other pick turns them into a team that fits together even worse.

Also do you really think there are enough minutes for Isaiah Marcus Avery Rozier Crowder and Middleton? I do not. Someone must be traded.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 12:58:14 AM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford

It doesnt make much sense for the Bucks because they definitely need shooters. Middleton is young on a good contract, can play the two and can shoot the 3. If you can point me to a source suggesting the Bucks fell in love with someone in this draft fine, but that would be news to me. Murray and Hield dont offer anything Middleton doesnt and any other pick turns them into a team that fits together even worse.

Also do you really think there are enough minutes for Isaiah Marcus Avery Rozier Crowder and Middleton? I do not. Someone must be traded.

I'd rather have that problem than the problem of what to do with 5+ rookies. I can see us having enough minutes, particularly if we play a lot of small ball or get the injury bug. We can always try to move Bradley and a future pick for Love or another big.