Author Topic: Kentucky and Duke have already offered 11 year old LeBron Jr. A scholarship  (Read 8812 times)

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Clearly the kid has a pedigree, but 11. Come on.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
It's crazy that the NBA has the tampering rules it has but 11 year olds can be offered college scholarships.

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
It's crazy that the NBA has the tampering rules it has but 11 year olds can be offered college scholarships.

It's disgusting. Especially when there are so many qualified, hard working high school kids who are desperate for scholarships, and not for sports stardom reasons.

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
The classifying of kids (literally, 10 year old kids) in prep sports, particularly AAU basketball, is disgusting.

That said, have you seen LBJ Jr. Play? The kid is downright nasty. He's going to be a pro basketball player.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Oh, I know he has skills, it just bugs me.  Probably will go to Ohio State. 

I almost think Lebron will stick around long enough so that he can play with his son in the league (should his son keep progressing and make that a realistic possibility). 

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I almost think Lebron will stick around long enough so that he can play with his son in the league (should his son keep progressing and make that a realistic possibility).

first father-son duo on the court

will LeBron stick around for 7-8 more years? or will father time eventually catch up to him before his son gets drafted  ;D

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

first father-son duo on the court

will LeBron stick around for 7-8 more years? or will father time eventually catch up to him before his son gets drafted  ;D
I think Lebron sticks around at least long enough to break Kareem's points record (assuming he stays relatively healthy the next few seasons).  He is about 11500 shy right now.  He has never scored less than 1600 in a season, but let's assume that is what he averages going forward (seems fair, probably in the 1800 range the next couple at least), it would take him just over 7 years to pass Kareem.  I'm pretty sure he will want to do that if he can.  So if he plays 8 years and continues to stay relatively healthy and perform fairly well, he not only be the all time leader in points scored, but will also be in the top 10 in assists (possibly as high as 3rd or 4th depending on Chris Paul), and will have an outside shot at being in the top 30 for total rebounds. 

If he has all that on the horizon, plus the possibility of playing a season with his son, I don't see how he doesn't try to grind it out long enough to make it happen.  Then again, maybe he retires this summer.  You just never know what any player will do.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
This is ridiculous

He is a kid . Has not even played hs ball yet. How do we not know he will turn out to be Gary Payton jr. Instead of Gary Payton

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The classifying of kids (literally, 10 year old kids) in prep sports, particularly AAU basketball, is disgusting.

That said, have you seen LBJ Jr. Play? The kid is downright nasty. He's going to be a pro basketball player.

Lol. Seriously?

How nasty can a 11 year old basketball player be

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Yeah, it's a bit sad for the kid. Lebron is already a weird dude. A child celeb with the crazy me me ego to match and his kid already getting this love. 11.Wow. That's like 5th grade right? Just wow.

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
It is scary to think about how good this kid could be if he ends up with comparable size and athleticism to his dad. I mean, he'll surely get better training/coaching than his dad ever got.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Lol. Seriously?

How nasty can a 11 year old basketball player be
He has a highlight video

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=lebron+james+jr.+highlights&&view=detail&mid=EC29C91736FE7E623A73EC29C91736FE7E623A73&FORM=VRDGAR

Kid clearly can handle the ball very well with nice body control.  And he doesn't tower over his peers so it is a much better gauge then a guy that young that is just bigger than everyone else.

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
He shouldn't have to ever even play for Kentucky or Duke or any college. Its disgusting that he is forced to.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
He shouldn't have to ever even play for Kentucky or Duke or any college. Its disgusting that he is forced to.

He isnt forced to. His family is wealthy enough for him to do whatever he wants for a single year, or whatever stupid rules are in place by then.

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70

He isnt forced to. His family is wealthy enough for him to do whatever he wants for a single year, or whatever stupid rules are in place by then.

That doesn't change that the rule is wrong and they are trying to make it two years which is even worse. And if he does decide he wants to be a pro basketball player he almost has to go to college because it would get him ready more so than being benched over seas.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio