Author Topic: Rusillo : c's having hard time finding trade partner for #3 (Rumor)  (Read 8291 times)

Re: Rusillo : c's having hard time finding trade partner for #3 (Rumor)
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2016, 03:08:46 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Is it possible Ainge is trying to hold Philly over the barrel to include Dario Saric with Noel for Pick #3?

I still see the trip to Croatia as a mystery. They were scouting more than just Bender (Zizic, perhaps Saric?)...

That would be a heist! Noels is so much better of an option for us. He looks lost offensively sometimes, but his defense added to Smart/Bradley/Crowder. Man, that would be awesome!

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2016, 03:10:42 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
There are lots of possibilities.

A future first.

Covington would help a little.

Saric.

Who knows?

Plus, this is just one move. I suspect Ainge will make at least one more trade.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2016, 03:38:42 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Is it possible Ainge is trying to hold Philly over the barrel to include Dario Saric with Noel for Pick #3?

I still see the trip to Croatia as a mystery. They were scouting more than just Bender (Zizic, perhaps Saric?)...

That would be a heist! Noels is so much better of an option for us. He looks lost offensively sometimes, but his defense added to Smart/Bradley/Crowder. Man, that would be awesome!
You may be surprised how much someone's offensive game can improve surrounded by better players and an actual coach who knows what he's doing and wants to win, not jockey for lottery position.
I don't think DA could realistically expect that kind of a return for just the 3 pick. I think Philly is looking forward to Saric playing for them and not trading him and Noel, no matter how much they want Dunn.

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2016, 03:43:32 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
The Celtics have been trying to package #3 and another player/players for a legitimate starter. Teams have not been interested
Russillo ‏@ryenarussillo
Not saying it's impossible but sentiment around league is that Boston doesn't have anyone on roster that other GMs really want.

Is rusillo reliable?

What if we throw 2018 nets pick in?

I find this impossible to believe. I'm sure any team in the league would love to have Bradley or Crowder on the team. Maybe he means players that Ainge has available like Olynyk, Amir, Hunter, etc.

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2016, 03:54:17 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I've said it in other threads. #3, Young and Hunter for Okafor or Noel, rights to Saric and the 2017 LAL or 2019 SAC 1st. I would get that deal done quick and not look back.

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2016, 03:54:45 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
How many picks do we have to throw around to get Butler and Noel?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jptr3p3

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2016, 04:03:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
The Celtics have been trying to package #3 and another player/players for a legitimate starter. Teams have not been interested
Russillo ‏@ryenarussillo
Not saying it's impossible but sentiment around league is that Boston doesn't have anyone on roster that other GMs really want.

Is rusillo reliable?

What if we throw 2018 nets pick in?

I find this impossible to believe. I'm sure any team in the league would love to have Bradley or Crowder on the team. Maybe he means players that Ainge has available like Olynyk, Amir, Hunter, etc.

I also don't think is possible to believe. There are many many teams that use an all first team defender with a solid shot on a great contract in Bradley. Who wouldn't want crowded? Although I am sure there are teams that are not interested, IT and Smart would clearly be wanted by at least some teams also.

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2016, 04:52:56 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I've said it in other threads. #3, Young and Hunter for Okafor or Noel, rights to Saric and the 2017 LAL or 2019 SAC 1st. I would get that deal done quick and not look back.
Even Red would have trouble pulling that off in his heyday.

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2016, 05:04:02 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Even Red would have trouble pulling that off in his heyday.

Young AND Hunter!? Wow those two really help tip the scales our way in this trade!

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2016, 05:17:23 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

If Philly drops Saric's rights into the deal, then it gets a lot more interesting to me.

#3 & filler for Noel & Saric?   I'd be down with that.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2016, 05:34:11 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Because Danny overvalues our team of bench players

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2016, 05:45:26 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I'd live to see nobody wanting Sully and him having to work for a living.

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2016, 05:51:45 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Then he tweets

Russillo ‏@ryenarussillo

LOL - this is all hilarious!  And by, "all", I don't just mean Russell's remarks.   It's everything!  It's Ford's & Givony's flippity - floppily mock drafts!  It's Tim Welsh Providence Insider notes on Dunn!  It's LarBrd33's infatuation with Sixer bigs!   Every team wants Avery Bradley!  NO - Every team wants Jae Crowder! No - Every team wants Marcus Smart!  We are getting Jimmy Butler!  No - we are trading for Okafor!  No - we are trading for Noel!  No - we are trading for Gordon Hayward (Even though that makes ZERO sense!)!  Murray shoots 79/100 threes!!!   Buddy shoots 85/100!!  But Kyle Wiltjer shot 70/75 in 5 minutes!! Murray is the next Steph! No - he can't play defense!  Bender is the next Draymond!  No - he's a complete mystery and too risky!  Chriss is the next big thing!  No - he's Gerald Green 2.0! Buddy is the next Klay!  No he's too old!  LA might let Ingram slip (they won't)!  Let's deal half the team for Jimmy Butler! No! Brown is the next Jimmy Butler!  No Brown is a bust! Let's deal half the team for Kevin Love!  No - let's deal half the team for DeMarcus!  No let's deal for Marc Gasol! No one wants any of our players anyway!   No GM wants to deal with Danny! 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!

My god.  The world is a freaking circus right now!

Danny must be sitting in his office just laughing his head off at all this craziness!

Ahahaha TP ;D. Well done.

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2016, 05:54:32 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I'll always remember Russillo as the guy who wanted us to sign Dan Dickau, lol.