Author Topic: Rusillo : c's having hard time finding trade partner for #3 (Rumor)  (Read 8289 times)

Re: Rusillo : c's having hard time finding trade partner for #3 (Rumor)
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 01:44:53 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Ryen tried to be ESPN's NBA guy.

Didn't take well, then Zach Lowe took that over.

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 01:57:27 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Russillo ‏@ryenarussillo
Not saying it's impossible but sentiment around league is that Boston doesn't have anyone on roster that other GMs really want.

So no other team wants all-NBA defensive team's Avery Bradley at $8m/year? Jae Crowder at $6.5m? Isaiah Thomas coming off an All-Star selection at $6.6m? A 22-year-old Marcus Smart at $3.6m?

Um, ok.

Yeah I don't buy the rumor, but it could be plausible to the extent that teams that might want the #3 don't value guys with established ceilings on cheaper contracts the way a contending team would.  It may be that there just aren't many teams that would covet both.

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 02:00:23 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
this is Philly hitting back.

Ainge got in the first shot with that whole, 'Okafor isn't worth a top 5 pick' bit.

At this point, i'll be shocked if we don't trade #3 straight up for Okafor. 

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 02:05:02 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Then he tweets

Russillo ‏@ryenarussillo
Not saying it's impossible but sentiment around league is that Boston doesn't have anyone on roster that other GMs really want.

LOL - this is all hilarious!  And by, "all", I don't just mean Russell's remarks.   It's everything!  It's Ford's & Givony's flippity - floppily mock drafts!  It's Tim Welsh Providence Insider notes on Dunn!  It's LarBrd33's infatuation with Sixer bigs!   Every team wants Avery Bradley!  NO - Every team wants Jae Crowder! No - Every team wants Marcus Smart!  We are getting Jimmy Butler!  No - we are trading for Okafor!  No - we are trading for Noel!  No - we are trading for Gordon Hayward (Even though that makes ZERO sense!)!  Murray shoots 79/100 threes!!!   Buddy shoots 85/100!!  But Kyle Wiltjer shot 70/75 in 5 minutes!! Murray is the next Steph! No - he can't play defense!  Bender is the next Draymond!  No - he's a complete mystery and too risky!  Chriss is the next big thing!  No - he's Gerald Green 2.0! Buddy is the next Klay!  No he's too old!  LA might let Ingram slip (they won't)!  Let's deal half the team for Jimmy Butler! No! Brown is the next Jimmy Butler!  No Brown is a bust! Let's deal half the team for Kevin Love!  No - let's deal half the team for DeMarcus!  No let's deal for Marc Gasol! No one wants any of our players anyway!   No GM wants to deal with Danny! 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!

My god.  The world is a freaking circus right now!

Danny must be sitting in his office just laughing his head off at all this craziness!
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 02:14:24 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
So the sixers are trying to trade up to pick Dunn but the C's are having trouble finding a trading partner?...hmmmm. It all makes sense now.

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2016, 02:14:50 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
They talking the C's next.

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2016, 02:16:57 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
this is Philly hitting back.

Ainge got in the first shot with that whole, 'Okafor isn't worth a top 5 pick' bit.

Or Noel.

I agree entirely.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2016, 02:18:21 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
"The third pick is worthless and nobody on the Celtics roster is worth anything."

Thanks Ryen!

Great words from a great man

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2016, 02:34:45 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
If you put either Noel or Okafor in this draft, they would easily be the top 2 picks. Everybody can fall victim to the Ben Simmons hype but even if you find Ben Simmons to be a more worthy selection at Pick #1 if Noels/ Okafor were in this draft, there is no chance those 2 are later than pick #3. So it is pretty much an even wash to me. While Okafor is limited defensively, he has proven the ability to score in the NBA. While Noels is limited offensively, he has proven his ability to defend in the paint in the NBA. Both are not perfect players that have reached their potential but they've at least shown promising signs they can play at this level. None of the current draft picks can claim this.

Or Noel.

I agree entirely.

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2016, 02:47:22 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
For the record, I prefer Noel.

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2016, 02:53:30 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
did anyone hear what he had to say?

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2016, 02:54:29 PM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Seems like unless blown away by Bender (which I doubt), we will draft Dunn, and see what Philly is willing to do then. 

If we can't consolidate/trade picks, get your foreign dictionary out, because there will be a lot of draft and stashing going on a couple of nights from now.

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2016, 02:58:27 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Then he tweets

Russillo ‏@ryenarussillo

LOL - this is all hilarious!  And by, "all", I don't just mean Russell's remarks.   It's everything!  It's Ford's & Givony's flippity - floppily mock drafts!  It's Tim Welsh Providence Insider notes on Dunn!  It's LarBrd33's infatuation with Sixer bigs!   Every team wants Avery Bradley!  NO - Every team wants Jae Crowder! No - Every team wants Marcus Smart!  We are getting Jimmy Butler!  No - we are trading for Okafor!  No - we are trading for Noel!  No - we are trading for Gordon Hayward (Even though that makes ZERO sense!)!  Murray shoots 79/100 threes!!!   Buddy shoots 85/100!!  But Kyle Wiltjer shot 70/75 in 5 minutes!! Murray is the next Steph! No - he can't play defense!  Bender is the next Draymond!  No - he's a complete mystery and too risky!  Chriss is the next big thing!  No - he's Gerald Green 2.0! Buddy is the next Klay!  No he's too old!  LA might let Ingram slip (they won't)!  Let's deal half the team for Jimmy Butler! No! Brown is the next Jimmy Butler!  No Brown is a bust! Let's deal half the team for Kevin Love!  No - let's deal half the team for DeMarcus!  No let's deal for Marc Gasol! No one wants any of our players anyway!   No GM wants to deal with Danny! 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!

My god.  The world is a freaking circus right now!

Danny must be sitting in his office just laughing his head off at all this craziness!

Danny might be enjoying himself, but little ol' me is going crazy in his hamster wheel over here.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2016, 03:02:43 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
So on one hand, we have rumors claiming that Okafor isn't enough to land the #3.

And on the other, now we have rumors that the #3 and other players aren't enough to land a legit starter.

-yawn-

Wake me on Thursday.

That's this week in a nutshell. lol Oh to be a fly on the wall in Ainge's office.
Posturing.  Happens every year.   Pretty confident Ainge wants to trade the pick.  Pretty confident someone will want it.  But you're going to see a bunch of misinformation leaked from teams with all sorts of motives leading up to the draft.

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2016, 03:06:07 PM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Russillo ‏@ryenarussillo

So no other team wants all-NBA defensive team's Avery Bradley at $8m/year? Jae Crowder at $6.5m? Isaiah Thomas coming off an All-Star selection at $6.6m? A 22-year-old Marcus Smart at $3.6m?

Um, ok.

THIS.
Another BS. Move on..