Author Topic: Khris middleton for the 3rd?  (Read 15353 times)

Re: Khris middleton for the 3rd?
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2016, 04:09:33 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Threads like these make me realize how many totally ignorant some celtics fans and NBA fans are in general.

"Player I've never/barely heard of on a team I don't know about? HE SUCKS"

Middleton is the scorer we need and has improved every year he's been in the league. It's gonna take a lot to get him though from Milwaukee. Probably #3 plus another high pick or a player.

TP, I second that.

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2016, 04:15:16 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Can Middleton create his own shot? He can shoot the 3 which is a plus considering the C's are a bad 3 pt shooting team. Not sure I'm willing to give up the 3 for him though. Maybe if there are other pieces involved as well.

« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2016, 04:16:16 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Can you guys give another nba equivalent player to Middleton. I've seen very little of him. Can he penetrate or is he strictly a stand still shooter?

« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2016, 04:20:29 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Middleton would be amazing! He can shoot, plays defense, is on a decreasing contract (like IT's), is only 24, is versatile. 6'8" SG/SF would be great for us.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2016, 04:20:30 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Can you guys give another nba equivalent player to Middleton. I've seen very little of him. Can he penetrate or is he strictly a stand still shooter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6RdSxi_OC8

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2016, 04:22:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

He is basically a 6'6 Buddy Hield

« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2016, 04:29:30 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Can Middleton create his own shot? He can shoot the 3 which is a plus considering the C's are a bad 3 pt shooting team. Not sure I'm willing to give up the 3 for him though. Maybe if there are other pieces involved as well.

Only 41.5% of his 2-point attempt last season were assisted.  It was 59.6% the year before.  So yes, he can create his own shot, and it's something he's been doing with more frequency.

« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2016, 04:31:53 PM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
I'm surprised everyone is so against trading #3 for Middleton. I don't think we should trade the pick before we know exactly who it's going to be but Middleton is 24 years old and averaged 18-4-4 with 1.7 steals per game last year, shooting .444/.396/.888. He plays good defense and is exactly the kind of player the Celtics need (a shooting wing who can defend).

What are the odds that anyone rumored to be taken #3 will be as good of a two-way player as Middleton?

Exactly. Plus, Middleton is locked into a cap-friendly contract for three years, which diminishes in value for the duration of the contract. Middleton for three is a good deal. I would try to convince the Bucks to part with the 10th pick, too, by including some of our later picks.

« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2016, 04:33:14 PM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
I would take Gordon Hayward over Middleton for the #3.
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2016, 04:38:12 PM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36

If do not get Durant one of the next two free agencies, I would bet on us landing Hayward next year.

« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2016, 04:48:28 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Threads like these make me realize how many totally ignorant some celtics fans and NBA fans are in general.

Middleton is the scorer we need and has improved every year he's been in the league. It's gonna take a lot to get him though from Milwaukee. Probably #3 plus another high pick or a player.

Considering that, in general, top 5 picks that get traded for established players usually get you an all star, thinking 3 for Middleton is fair (or even an overpay) isn't crazy.  Middleton is worth quite a bit, but so is the #3 pick
I'm bitter.

« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2016, 04:51:36 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

Considering that, in general, top 5 picks that get traded for established players usually get you an all star, thinking 3 for Middleton is fair (or even an overpay) isn't crazy.  Middleton is worth quite a bit, but so is the #3 pick

Drafts usually have more than 2 universally accepted great players in them.

« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2016, 04:57:16 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

He is basically a 6'6 Buddy Hield

Middleton is 6' 6.75" w/o shoes, 6' 8.25" w/shoes, with 6' 10.75" wingspan.  So he's quite a bit bigger than Hield (6' 3.75" w/o shoes, 6' 5" w/shoes, 6' 9.25" wingspan).

He plays SG & SF and is an excellent defender, both on-ball and off and is very smart with team help defense.

On offense, he's a very solid 40% career 3PT shooter.  He's excellent at the hand-off screen play that we use a lot with Avery, scoring 1.05 points-per-play (80% percentile) and he's actually a very good isolation scorer as well (0.96 ppp, 82.1%).

He's only 24 years old and on an awesome contract.

I concur with those who advocate that he would be a great trade target for the #3.   

I doubt Milwaukee would give him up for just that though.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2016, 04:59:57 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Drafts usually have more than 2 universally accepted great players in them.

No they don't.

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2016, 05:01:43 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

Trading the #3 for Gordon Hayward would be a horrible waste of the value of the #3 because Hayward can be a free agent next summer.   That means you are burning the value of the pick just for one year of Hayward.

Even if you think you can/want to re-sign Hayward next year, you could have just waited until next Summer to have Brad call his old pupil and get him to sign, all without using up the #3 pick.

Middleton is on a great contract, under team control through 2018-19 (player option in 2019-20) with a cap hit that declines steadily to just 13M in the final year.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.