Author Topic: Interesting call from Celtics 'insider' on Felger & Mazz  (Read 12680 times)

Interesting call from Celtics 'insider' on Felger & Mazz
« on: June 17, 2016, 01:59:47 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Anyone catch Felger & Mazz today? It was pretty interesting.
People are talking about it on RealGM and I'm reposting 'celtixman''s summary because it's good.
Take it with a grain of salt, but good conversational info....

There was a caller today "Barry from New Bedford" on "Felger and Mazz" who called in with some interesting information. He claims that he " is friends with scouts who know agents and I(he) gets tweets from time to time from them."
In listening to him he seemed very credible and had very specific information - it was at about 1:40 into the show:

1.) The Celtics would be looking to package Bradley, Olynyk and a second round pick for Love. The Cavs are more interested in AB than they would be in Crowder.

2.) Butler could also be involved in an AB trade but for more assets

3.) Ainge as disappointed at what he saw in Bender when he saw him overseas

4.) Ainge has shopped the #3 pick to about 10 teams and he (the caller) heard about seven proposals.

5.) The Celtics want to trade the pick but if they don't the name he heard they are interested in is Marquise Criss.

Very interesting and specific information
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: Interesting call from Celtics 'insider' on Felger & Mazz
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 02:13:19 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Thanks, chambers. Super interesting info.

That's the problem, IMO, about all of these trade proposals -- way too much to give up for Love, and I would anticipate CHI's expectation for a Butler trade would fairly outrageous.

I don't mind taking the home-grown approach -- we may have that luxury with the BKN picks, so long as they continue to suck. I'm not sure about Chriss at #3, though... seems like a risky move.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 02:44:56 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
People are talking about it on RealGM and I'm reposting 'celtixman''s summary because it's good.

There was a caller today "Barry from New Bedford" on "Felger and Mazz" who called in with some interesting information. He claims that he " is friends with scouts who know agents and I(he) gets tweets from time to time from them."
In listening to him he seemed very credible and had very specific information - it was at about 1:40 into the show:

1.) The Celtics would be looking to package Bradley, Olynyk and a second round pick for Love. The Cavs are more interested in AB than they would be in Crowder.

4.) Ainge has shopped the #3 pick to about 10 teams and he (the caller) heard about seven proposals.

5.) The Celtics want to trade the pick but if they don't the name he heard they are interested in is Marquise Criss.

Me likey everything about this! TP for the info!

EDIT: Honestly, though, sending AB to Cleveland scares me more than sending him to Chicago, because we'll have to get through Cleveland to get to the Finals. Imagine AB guarding IT. I don't like that idea.

Even as a Cavalier, though, it'd be hard to hate and root against AB. He's such a good, hard-working guy.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 02:54:15 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Just ugh.. Bradley is one of my favorite Celtics and I do not like Love.. this is going to be very hard to swallow for me

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 03:01:22 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Olynyk for Love. Wow. I don't know how to describe that. Is it cruel irony? I'm not sure. Anyway, TP for the info.

I got the sense that bender's value took a hit after not much praise was said about him from Danny's trip.

I honestly think Kevin Love will only be traded here as a last resort just because his value has reached an all-time low. That being said, I still would do it. Call Love all you want defensively, he can't be much worse than Jared Sullinger.

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 03:02:54 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Question - let's say that's the deal of AB, Olynyk, and a 2nd round pick (could only happen after the draft this summer, or we'd have to add something like JJ to the mix to match salaries if it's a draft day trade).

Would they move Lebron to the 4, or just plug them in at the 2 and 4 in their starting lineup? Bradley would definitely be a good starter for them and complements Kyrie well, but I fail to see KO starting in Cleveland. He'd be an even bigger whipping boy for Lebron than Love is now, and I don't think he's a starting caliber player on a championship-level team, at least not right now.

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 03:40:02 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
And how are we supposed to beat Cleveland if they have AB (aka the missing piece for title).
I'm sorry I don't buy it, DA is not someone who shots himself in the foot.

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 03:40:26 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
No way do you get Love for a package of Bradley, KO, & a 2nd rounder. Has to be a far better package out there from another team.

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 03:55:21 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
FWIW, Bender's dropped to #7 DEN in the latest DraftExpress mock dovetailing with the info in this call.

As for the caller, P>99% that it's BS or as they say at CBlog, there's a chance... If so, I'm taking that Love deal.

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 08:58:20 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
So in that Love deal we keep the #3 pick? Where do I sign up?

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 09:04:56 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I don't know how I would feel about this.  On the one hand, I really want to keep AB, but on the other hand, Love is clearly a huge upgrade.  This would be a steal, and I don't think Danny could possibly say no.

It's almost certainly made up, though
I'm bitter.

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 09:09:23 AM »

Offline willyd24

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I don't get what all the fuss is about losing AB. I mean I like him but if we got to keep the #3 pick then you draft Dunn or Murray to replace him.

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 09:10:39 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
FWIW, Bender's dropped to #7 DEN in the latest DraftExpress mock dovetailing with the info in this call.

As for the caller, P>99% that it's BS or as they say at CBlog, there's a chance... If so, I'm taking that Love deal.

That latest draftexpress draft has us going: Dunn, Davis, Valentine, Johnson, Maker.

One of the few mocks I'd be very happy with.  ;D Assuming we flip Dunn into Okafor or Butler.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 09:11:36 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
You get Love and you keep the #3? All you really give up of value is Bradley?

Good grief, where do I sign?

Good to know Ainge hasn't gone totally daft on Bender, as this board has.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 09:13:31 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I don't get what all the fuss is about losing AB. I mean I like him but if we got to keep the #3 pick then you draft Dunn or Murray to replace him.

Agreed. Clears the way for the BPA, Kris Dunn.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."