Author Topic: Kris Dunn: "Would be unbelievable to be selected by the Celtics"  (Read 7504 times)

Re: Kris Dunn: "Would be unbelievable to be selected by the Celtics"
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 12:53:28 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Oh, I think the Celtics' chances of drafting him are quite high. I certainly would, because:

1. I can keep him, get the best pure point in the draft and see if someone's as gaga over Marcus Smart as this board is.

2. I can market him, and let the suitors like Chicago, Minnesota and Philly line up.

You have lots of nice options if you draft Kris Dunn, the clear BPA at 3.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 12:56:51 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Talk is cheap. This is where guys try to alleviate any character issues leading up to the draft by saying and doing all the right things.  I don't blame him for wanting what is best for him but honestly, what happened to guys earning spots and minutes?

Every player should be honored to be drafted by the Celtics!

What are you talking about?  I'm pretty sure he knows he has to earn minutes....  No matter what team he plays on he will have to earn the minutes vs his positional teammates....If I'm a PG, I want to be drafted by a team that needs me.  I'll earn them....  The NBA just doesn't hand out playing time like they do in middle school and high school.     

Diggles

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 05:05:19 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Is Danny going to draft a PG #1 two years in a row? I think not, unless he has a trade in mind. And we probably won't know until the Celtics are on the clock.

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 05:58:00 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Take him!
DKC Suns

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 06:07:47 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'd rather have Hield if we are taking a guard. I don't care if Dunn is the best PG, I don't care for a team that lets 1 player dominate the ball. Prefer an all around good passing team with good shooters.

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 06:10:21 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Unbelievable as in after all the stuff I put them through they still picked me.

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 06:20:46 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Dunn's agent: "Maybe we should start being a bit more diplomatic with our comments, Kris."
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 08:22:57 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 06:26:44 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Oh, I think the Celtics' chances of drafting him are quite high. I certainly would, because:

1. I can keep him, get the best pure point in the draft and see if someone's as gaga over Marcus Smart as this board is.

2. I can market him, and let the suitors like Chicago, Minnesota and Philly line up.

You have lots of nice options if you draft Kris Dunn, the clear BPA at 3.

Though I disagree with your pessimism with Smart, I agree with Dunn being a pick that you could pretty much do whatever with. If we're actually planning on keeping the pick, I'd prefer Chriss, but I'd understand the Dunn pick due to the flexibility that pick would give you with keeping him or trading him. That might be how we have to do it if we want a Philly big or Butler anyways.

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2016, 06:29:26 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Is Danny going to draft a PG #1 two years in a row? I think not, unless he has a trade in mind. And we probably won't know until the Celtics are on the clock.

...he already did. Smart in 2014 and Rozier in 2015
I'm bitter.

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2016, 06:56:44 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Yup, and one draft has no relevance to the next. DA is commited to BPA. He could not have been more clear about that.

Also agree about the flexibility offered by drafting Dunn.

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2016, 12:07:21 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Very interesting...

With Simmons off the board, I honestly think Dunn be the most likely All-Star available, even at #2.

The thing I love about Dunn is that if you look at his talent set (defense, passing, ball handling, scoring, size, athleticism) he has everything you need to become an All-Star in the NBA.

Yet unlike a lot of other high-upside prospects, his floor is actually very high.  He's versatile, mature and skilled enough that he really could start for a playoff team right now.

I honestly think that the only other guy in the draft who can make that claim in terms of high floor / high ceiling is Simmons.

Hield and Dunn have always been my favorites at #3 in this draft - when the Dunn comments came out suggesting Boston wasn't likely, then I really wanted Hield.  Now that Dunn is potentially back in the running, that makes things very interesting.

I think my preferences at the moment (in order) would be:

1) Dunn
2) Hield
3) Brown
4) Bender
5) Poeltl
6) Murray

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2016, 12:08:31 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Heck, he picked a PF first from 2011-2013.

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2016, 12:25:28 AM »

Offline myselfonline

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
I like Dunn and like his potential, but his weaknesses reminds me a lot of a lottery bust we already have on our roster.

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2016, 12:37:21 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
I like Dunn and like his potential, but his weaknesses reminds me a lot of a lottery bust we already have on our roster.

Lottery Bust?

You don't mean Smart do you? A guy who's two years into his career, is younger than Buddy Hield, and is already an All-NBA caliber defender. Not that guy right?

You must mean ET.

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2016, 02:07:37 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

I have no idea who you are referring too.

The only playerI can think of is Smart, who's biggest weaknesses at draft time were his lack of shooting, average athleticism, and questionable passing/ball handling skills.

Dunn is an elite athlete and is one of the best passers and ball handlers in the draft.

You may recall John Wall and Kemba Walker couldn't shoot when they came in to the NBA.  I'd love to have either of those guys right now, and Dunn looks a hell of a lot like both of them.