Author Topic: Love Trade  (Read 3632 times)

Re: Love Trade
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 12:57:51 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
AB + KO, #16, #23, and next years BOS/NETS swap for Love.

I read this as:

AB - Ok, we have to part with something to get something..

KO - Ok, he'd be superfluous with Love anyway...

#16 - *grit my teeth* this is probably fair but I'd want to give away the #23 instead...

#23 - hold on, we're giving that away too?...

BOS/NETS 2017 - are you out of your $%$^!%@! mind?

16 and 23 are worthless picks unless we package and trade.  The cupboard is full.

The swap next year is a gamble.  The Nets have a ton of cap space and can overpay a few free agents into the #10 spot in the draft.

That pick is its most valuable right now.  Who knows what it is next year.

The Nets would have to TEALLY improve to get the tenth worst record. I can't see that pick being anywhere higher than #7 or 8 at worst.

Next years class looks really good, there's no way that pick is most valuable right now. It'll be more valuable than it is right now even if it's #5 next year.

And if you were to take odds on what team is most likely to have #1 next year, Boston and Pholly would be 1A and 1B.

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 01:05:13 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
kevin love is damaged goods -he can't play defence-avery bradley is better package than love
 he is another david lee---GET A RIM PROTECTOR

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 01:15:26 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

I read this as:

#16 - *grit my teeth* this is probably fair but I'd want to give away the #23 instead...

16 and 23 are worthless picks unless we package and trade.  The cupboard is full.

The swap next year is a gamble.  The Nets have a ton of cap space and can overpay a few free agents into the #10 spot in the draft.

That pick is its most valuable right now.  Who knows what it is next year.

16 and 23 are valuable as the Cs will have 2 to 3 open roster spots. Moreover they're good for draft-and-stash guys. Calling them "worthless" renders your opinion worthless.

As far as the Nets improving, you're starting to sound like LarBrd33 predicting the Nets would compete for a playoff spot. While it's possible they could do so (that's why they play the games), it's far more likely they won't which is why Vegas has them as the worst team in the NBA right now. They have a ton of cap space. Big deal. So do 15 other teams and thus everyone will be overpaying for free agents. Then there's the problem of trying to convince any decent FAs to come to Brooklyn over the other 14 teams with no real hope of winning the next 3 years.

Simply put, you don't move that pick next year until you know what it is because it may be the single most valuable asset that any team has held in the last 5 years (since Anthony Davis). The 2017 draft has that kind of potential. The only way I would consider moving that pick would be for someone like Blake Griffin or Paul George. It's going to take that kind of player to move the needle on that pick.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 11:57:26 PM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 57

16 and 23 are valuable as the Cs will have 2 to 3 open roster spots. Moreover they're good for draft-and-stash guys. Calling them "worthless" renders your opinion worthless.

Draft and stashing guys for the next few years is not going to help a 48 win team get to 55 or 60 wins anytime soon.

If 16 and 23 are valuable to you then we need to trade everybody, but Smart and tank.

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 02:44:43 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
kevin love is damaged goods -he can't play defence-avery bradley is better package than love
 he is another david lee---GET A RIM PROTECTOR

A David Lee with a bit of three pt shot is not worth AB. I tell you right now if the package is just AB for Love it would utmost stupid for the Cavs to say no. Heck if im Danny I wont even do it...Love is Not the player he once was...I repeat the adoration for Love is from his numbers and performance from 2 yrs ago.the Love that you get now is David lee on a bit of steroids from China....I bet ya the Cavs are already sorry they traded Love for Wiggins...they jus had to though because they are in win now mode.

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 04:25:05 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
This is the most reasonable Love trade I can come up with, with Denver and Boston swapping #3 and #7. No Bradley, no 2017 Nets swap, grab Poeltl at #7. I'd be thrilled with this.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j5tsrtq

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 04:56:36 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Having a hard time seeing any Love deal that makes sense for both Bos and Cle. 

I don't think we can give up #3, AB, IT or Crowder.  I don't really want to give them Smart either, but that's fine because they'll want a shooter anyways. 

Perhaps we can ring up Doc for a three teamer? 
JJ Redick to Cleveland, Smart + #31 to LAC, with Love and Pierce coming back to the C's. 

I can't imagine Cleveland doing much better than JJ Redick straight up for Love.  And Doc won't want that deal anyway, not with Jordan and Blake around.  Smart plus a late 1st/early 2nd feels like equal value for LAC, considering the salary they'd be clearing.  In the west, Smart could be a real difference maker for a team that needs to get past so many elite point guards. 

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2016, 05:16:49 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I read this as:

Lol, TP kind sir, you made me laugh.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2016, 05:35:39 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Cleveland gets rid of Love they let Smith walk and replace him with AB.  KO is redundant with Love on the team and might work to spread the floor for the Cavs.  Cavs have a chance at a top 5 pick next year.

We draft Buddy Hield with the #3 to give us offense.

I'm not sure its enough, but I'd hate to trade the #3.
Nice idea.  Makes some sense.  You could take a SG with the #3 pick to replace Bradley.

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2016, 04:15:21 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
The Cleveland Cavaliers will receive trade calls this offseason about Kevin Love and they're expected to at least listen.

The Cavaliers will be thin on the wing, especially if Richard Jefferson goes through with his retirement announcement.

"The Celtics is the trade that has made sense for six months," said Brian Windhorst. "I happen to know the Cavs really like Avery Bradley and to me, I would want Marcus Smart and I would want one of the draft picks. You're not getting the high pick obviously, but you want one a draft pick."
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/242305/Cavs-Expected-To-Listen-To-Kevin-Love-Trade-Offers

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2016, 04:32:17 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

I read this as:

haha. spot on.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.