Author Topic: Love Trade  (Read 3631 times)

Love Trade
« on: June 16, 2016, 11:15:20 AM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 57
AB + KO, #16, #23, and next years BOS/NETS swap for Love.

Cleveland gets rid of Love they let Smith walk and replace him with AB.  KO is redundant with Love on the team and might work to spread the floor for the Cavs.  Cavs have a chance at a top 5 pick next year.

We draft Buddy Hield with the #3 to give us offense.

I'm not sure its enough, but I'd hate to trade the #3.

Re: Love Trade
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 11:28:51 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
No no no no no no no.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 11:29:47 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Absolutely no way.

Gross overpay by BOS.   Also, that '17 pick swap is essentially off limits, IMO.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 11:30:52 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!

Cleveland gets rid of Love they let Smith walk and replace him with AB.  KO is redundant with Love on the team and might work to spread the floor for the Cavs.  Cavs have a chance at a top 5 pick next year.

We draft Buddy Hield with the #3 to give us offense.

I'm not sure its enough, but I'd hate to trade the #3.

Take out AB and next year's Nets swap, and I might do this trade.

Honestly I think any deal for Love requires a three team deal, with the Celtics giving the other team (not Cleveland) some picks (not #3 or 2017 Nets pick) and young players. Celtics get Love back, Cavs get (insert star player) back, and the other team gets picks and young players to build with. Knicks make the most sense with Melo and they would probably like to rebuild as well.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 11:35:06 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Here are my reasons trading for Love over other stars rumored out there:

1) Especially if the Cavs lose this series he would probably cost the least amount of assets in a trade.

2) He fills one of our biggest team needs.  A big who can score consistently at the PF position.

3) Arguments could be made he would flourish here better under Stevens system as Crowder, Thomas, Turner, and others have.

4) He is still young enough where if we needed to flip him in a trade in a year or 2 his value will probably be the same as now, maybe even higher under Stevens.

5) If we keep Johnson and/or sign someone like Howard or Horford we should be able to hide him better defensively.

6) We already know he loves Boston.

7) I've heard he is friendly with Durant, and works out with him some in the offseason.  ::)

I would think it would have to be a 3 team deal if we were trading for him though.  I would try our hardest to hold onto Bradley to keep our perimeter defensive identity, and help with spacing.

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 11:37:43 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I like Love. I have zero doubt he would improve this club's scoring.

But next year's Nets pick is off the board. I don't trade that for anything.

They can have Bradley, and they can certainly have Grandpa Bender (Olynyk). I don't care about the 16th and 23rd picks, since my life is not the draft.

But they cannot have next year's Nets pick.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 11:39:10 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
No to the No-th degree.

Mike

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 11:41:08 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Here are my reasons trading for Love over other stars rumored out there:

1) Especially if the Cavs lose this series he would probably cost the least amount of assets in a trade.

2) He fills one of our biggest team needs.  A big who can score consistently at the PF position.

3) Arguments could be made he would flourish here better under Stevens system as Crowder, Thomas, Turner, and others have.

4) He is still young enough where if we needed to flip him in a trade in a year or 2 his value will probably be the same as now, maybe even higher under Stevens.

5) If we keep Johnson and/or sign someone like Howard or Horford we should be able to hide him better defensively.

6) We already know he loves Boston.

7) I've heard he is friendly with Durant, and works out with him some in the offseason.  ::)

I would think it would have to be a 3 team deal if we were trading for him though.  I would try our hardest to hold onto Bradley to keep our perimeter defensive identity, and help with spacing.

This is your problem: you are trying to trade for the Kevin Love who existed several years ago as a member of the Wolves, with gaudy numbers. That guy no longer exists, for a couple of reasons: his stats were inflated because the team was really bad (never once reaching play-offs), and the league has evolved where a guy who can not defend in pick and roll becomes a huge liability. Huge. 

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 11:43:50 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I couldn't give up Bradley in a Love trade. Bradley is such a key cog in the perimeter defense. We saw in the ATL series what happens when he's out. Adding Love and subtracting Bradley would destroy our D, we'd need to keep Bradley to help hide Love.

I agree that #3 and 2017 Nets is also off limits in a Love trade.

But if there was a creative way to add Love without giving up a core member of Thomas, Bradley, Crowder, Smart and the aforementioned picks, I'm in.

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 11:43:50 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I like Love. I have zero doubt he would improve this club's scoring.

But next year's Nets pick is off the board. I don't trade that for anything.

They can have Bradley, and they can certainly have Grandpa Bender (Olynyk). I don't care about the 16th and 23rd picks, since my life is not the draft.

But they cannot have next year's Nets pick.

Agreed, that pick swap next year is (arguably) our best asset.  I'd rather trade this year's #3 than the pick swap
I'm bitter.

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 11:47:28 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
The way any Love trade is going to go either involves Bradley to CLE or Picks and young guys to a team like NY.

I'd be totally in favor of doing something like #16, #23, Rozier/Mickey and James Young or something to NY, maybe even the Memphis pick, have them ship Melo to CLE, and keep #3. Though I suppose the question is, what are we doing with #3, because that matters. If we trade it for Butler, and go into next season with Thomas/Love/Butler, were just a rim protector away from being in buisness

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 11:59:28 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

I read this as:

AB - Ok, we have to part with something to get something..

KO - Ok, he'd be superfluous with Love anyway...

#16 - *grit my teeth* this is probably fair but I'd want to give away the #23 instead...

#23 - hold on, we're giving that away too?...

BOS/NETS 2017 - are you out of your $%$^!%@! mind?
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 12:30:45 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
After seeing him play in the finals, I have zero interest.  I think we are better off with Bradley and Olynyk to be honest.

I predict that whoever trades for Love will regret it as much as Cleveland currently regrets it.

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2016, 12:43:08 PM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
I agree. Zero interest.
At this point I don't even know if I would want the Celtics to sign him in free agency, let alone give up assets for him.

One thing I do know is, "Kevin Love" and "consistently" do not belong in the same sentence. He's a bum and he deserves to go to Sacramento to put up empty stats for the remainder of his career.

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2016, 12:46:47 PM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 57

I read this as:

AB - Ok, we have to part with something to get something..

KO - Ok, he'd be superfluous with Love anyway...

#16 - *grit my teeth* this is probably fair but I'd want to give away the #23 instead...

#23 - hold on, we're giving that away too?...

BOS/NETS 2017 - are you out of your $%$^!%@! mind?

16 and 23 are worthless picks unless we package and trade.  The cupboard is full.

The swap next year is a gamble.  The Nets have a ton of cap space and can overpay a few free agents into the #10 spot in the draft.

That pick is its most valuable right now.  Who knows what it is next year.