Author Topic: Trade with Chicago idea  (Read 1136 times)

Trade with Chicago idea
« on: June 14, 2016, 03:47:27 PM »

Offline timriffic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12

Re: Trade with Chicago idea
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 03:49:00 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I hate it. Big overpay.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 03:50:51 PM »

Offline timriffic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
we take  Rose off their hands  , keep him or move him.
bottom line we get butler and a piece  to keep or move

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 03:55:52 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Rose is not a piece. We also give up Isaiah Thomas Avery Bradley and the #3 overall pick. I think this is a major overpay, but Im interested to see what others think.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 04:02:29 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Trading Thomas to get Butler is a bad idea. We need Butler because no one else can create shots, if we trade our one guy who can create for another guy that can create we still only have one guy that can create, aka the same problem.

Rose is absolutely washed up. He's never going to be the same player he was. If we are getting him, then that should count as us giving up an asset (of cap space) not gaining an asset.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 04:15:24 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Derek Rose for a second round pick would be a bad trade for the Celtics.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 04:23:09 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Bottom line that is an idiotic trade idea because Rose isn't a piece to "keep or move". He's a piece you're stuck with until his contract is up (thankfully next year) aka Vin Baker or Raef LaFrentz.

IT is at least as good as Butler on the offensive end of the floor (PER 36 works well here):
IT: 24.8 ppg / 3.3 rpg / 6.9 apg / .562 TS%
Butler: 20.4 / 5.2 / 4.7 / .562 TS%

So the only advantage to Butler is position and defensive end of the floor. While significant, that's not huge especially when you factor in IT's significant difference in salary. Call this part a medium edge to Chicago - and that's being generous to them.

Then you're also sending over Bradley (1st Team Defense + low salary) and JJ/Amir (both whose non-guaranteed salaries are worth something) for an oft-injured Rose. I wouldn't make that trade straight up. Rose is a high-priced shell of his former self, scored only 1 ppg more than Bradley and was absolutely horrid last season. While Chicago had a winning record, the difference between Rose's Ortg and Drtg was NEGATIVE 14. His +/- was -3.3. He was -.7 in VORP, which means he was worse than a replacement player! Rose is now the kind of player who gets moved for a top-55 protected 2nd round pick, not for a 1st team defensive stud on a below-market contract.

Then you want to give up 3 + 16 for 14? You only do this deal without any picks, never mind giving up the #3 in the draft. This trade isn't remotely close for the Cs. People need to look past names of washed-up players and look at their current on-the-court play.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 04:48:57 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6693839
throw in #3 and 16   for chicagos #14

I had proposed this exact trade on April 20th http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=83872.msg2070934#msg2070934

To Boston:  Rose ($21.3M), Butler ($16.4M)
To Chicago: Thomas ($6.7M), Bradley ($8.3M), Amir ($12.0M), Jerebko ($5.0M)

Add to that draft pick(s); possibly one of the Nets, maybe the future Memphis pick.

I think taking on Rose is a great way to entice Chicago.  Now in thinking about it, we are giving really good value and now that we know the BKN 2016 pick is #3, I don't think I include that pick.  Maybe we offer #23 and #35 but get back #14.  They are getting Thomas and Bradley, valuable players.  We get Butler who is better than Thomas or Bradley but not a "the guy" player.

I don't mind taking Rose but his salary is so high, it makes this deal very hard.  I would rather keep Thomas and include better draft picks but then the salaries don't match.  It is a tough deal.

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 05:02:06 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'm a no on the OP trade. I would help them move Rose to get  Butler though:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jrru4ox along with #3 overall pick and #35

Then send #23 and #35 to Philly to take on Rose's contract this year. He's an expiring so it shouldn't be a huge investment for them. I'm assuming Philly isn't signing any big FAs this off season. I think #23/35 should more than get it done.

We keep #16 and #31, add Korkmaz/Maker, stash Cornelie or Papagiannis in the late 2nd. Start:

IT
Butler
Crowder
KO
Horford

Ok, so we signed Horford :) if we sign Durant Kelly can come off of the bench!