Author Topic: Ainge's master plan  (Read 2552 times)

Re: Ainge's master plan
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 03:48:03 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I think his Master Plan for this Summer is:

IT
Butler
Crowder
Durant
Pau Gasol

this is actually possible.

Heckuva guess. That could definitely be it. If no Durant, Love is an option as well there.

I think he re-ups Amir though, which takes Gasol out, and he adds the combo of Butler/Durant, or Butler/Love.  Most likely to me is Butler/Love (Durant stays in OKC, IMO).

Amir would be used in the Butler deal for salary match....Gasol only made like $7 mil last season...We could sign some cheap FA's after that...We would still have Bradley off the bench, if Smart is dealt to Chi.
From everything I've heard it would be 3, Bradley, and Amir for Butler.
everything Ive heard has been pure speculation, but that seems to be the most popular speculation.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 09:10:55 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Ainge may just fall into the best situation/plan and buy low on franchise players whom are viewed/projected as limited after only one year of playing in the league. :
Okafor

IT
Jabari Parker

Crowder
#6(Buddy Hield) and future first unprotected

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 09:17:30 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
I think his Master Plan for this Summer is:

IT
Butler
Crowder
Durant
Pau Gasol

this is actually possible.

Heckuva guess. That could definitely be it. If no Durant, Love is an option as well there.

I think he re-ups Amir though, which takes Gasol out, and he adds the combo of Butler/Durant, or Butler/Love.  Most likely to me is Butler/Love (Durant stays in OKC, IMO).

Amir would be used in the Butler deal for salary match....Gasol only made like $7 mil last season...We could sign some cheap FA's after that...We would still have Bradley off the bench, if Smart is dealt to Chi.
From everything I've heard it would be 3, Bradley, and Amir for Butler.
everything Ive heard has been pure speculation, but that seems to be the most popular speculation.
Yeah thats what i meant, it works out financially and makes sense for both teams in terms of fit.

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 09:32:57 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Ainge may just fall into the best situation/plan and buy low on franchise players whom are viewed/projected as limited after only one year of playing in the league. :
Okafor

IT
Jabari Parker

Crowder
hmmm I hate to give up Jae Crowder here, but adding Hield would be key for this lineup because the biggest knock on a Jabari Jahlil Smart core would be a complete lack of 3 point shooting.

I dont want to hit you with the classic "this isnt 2k" line, but I do think there is something to be said for continuity. If you trade Thomas, you are already taking this teams emotional leader and kinda ****ing with chemistry. You trade Crowder (or Bradley) in concert with Thomas and you have to completely rebuild your identity and chemistry etc.

Im completely in on 3 for Okafor, Im tentatively in on Jabari for IT, because I love IT, but Jabari could really become an elite scorer. The Crowder for Hield one gives me some pause.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 09:50:51 PM »

• Ray Allen
Okafor

IT
Jabari Parker

Crowder
hmmm I hate to give up Jae Crowder here, but adding Hield would be key for this lineup because the biggest knock on a Jabari Jahlil Smart core would be a complete lack of 3 point shooting.

I dont want to hit you with the classic "this isnt 2k" line, but I do think there is something to be said for continuity. If you trade Thomas, you are already taking this teams emotional leader and kinda ****ing with chemistry. You trade Crowder (or Bradley) in concert with Thomas and you have to completely rebuild your identity and chemistry etc.
Ya i get your points and your probably 99 percent right. And we would be losing team vets and leaders. But are they winning us championships or are we playing for entertainment? I see you on here all the time and you deserve a team like we had in 2007 (before KG got hurt)a FAVORITE to win it all. That's literally all the Celtic's are to me, I understand that I have bias, but it's all or nothing for me. If we lose in the Finals then I will block it out like in 2010, and my mouth will fill with dirt everytime I talk about it.

But I know Jahlil can play better and that Jabari can will start knocking down 3's. IMO they could turn that on next year in a Celtic's uniform. If that happens we would be loads better and with a great foundation.

Also, if we get Okafor first and then trade IT for Jabari Parker then almost everyone would look at them as the faces of the Franchise. Jabari is very likeable and Jahlil is basically right there with him. Also I think they are both really good friends from growing up in Chicago, which is a very good market to tap into for recruiting in the future for FA's and they have lot's of friends(super popular lol)

Ya with that team Buddy would be gold and I like him more and more. I compared him to JJ Redick on DX and Buddy shot better/just as well as Reddick during Redicks SR year. But buddy has a much longer wingspan by 6'' standing reach by 5'' and is more athletic and stronger from what I can tell. A more athletic and longer Reddick is pretty nasty to imagine.

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 09:53:40 PM »

• Ray Allen
Okafor

IT
Jabari Parker

Crowder

Im completely in on 3 for Okafor, Im tentatively in on Jabari for IT, because I love IT, but Jabari could really become an elite scorer. The Crowder for Hield one gives me some pause.
TP
Ya me too. Especially with James Young and RJ and the guys in this draft and possible guys we can sign like CRabbe.

It would be great to have Jabari and Okafor on the team and not to have tanked to get them. And getting them with experience and 1-2 older