Author Topic: Rumor: Timberwolves to offer pick number 5 and players for Butler  (Read 11714 times)

Re: Rumor: Timberwolves to offer pick number 5 and players for Butler
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2016, 02:04:03 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Could we do AB + 3 + 23  for Wiggins + 5?

« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2016, 02:06:31 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Nope.  Wolves wouldn't do it.  The Bradley --> Wiggins upgrade is larger than the 5 --> 3 upgrade.  The value of 23 is too small to matter.

« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2016, 02:06:35 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

We could offer that but MINN isn't taking it.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2016, 02:20:06 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Not if we tell them they can take our offer or we draft Dunn.
Nice point.

Philly is a logical spot for Dunn too. I hope we can get Chicago and Philly into a bidding war for Dunn. It would be great to walk away from the draft with either Butler or Okafor in a #3 based deal.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2016, 02:22:55 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
That sucks. They're in a position to crush any offer we make unless we grossly overpay.

You think so? I don't think so unless one of Wiggins or Towns is on the table, which I'm pretty sure they're not. #5, LaVine and Dieng isn't really a better offer than #3, Smart /Bradley and Olynyk or Rozier. When you add in the fact that we can add mid 1sts, early. 2nds, Rozier (who the bulls love and were gonna take last year, hence his selection at 16), Mickey and especially the future Brooklyn picks I just don't see a way they can top us.

#3, Bradley, Rozier and the 2018 BRK pick easily beats that Minny offer.

Then Minny can have him. No way on future BKN or MEM picks and no reason to include Rozier, either, when they are already getting Bradley and Dunn - they can have Young/Hunter and a mid-2nd rounder. If not, we can continue building our young core - I understand we need to consolidate to get more top talent, but that package should get you Cousins or George.

I'm not saying it's a good idea or something I would do, I'm just saying we could easily trump a MiN offer if it doesn't include Towns/Wiggins.

Personally, it depends on what else follows. If Butler and Thomas gives you a legit shot at Durant, you might give a little more. I'd be willing to give #3, Bradley and a guy like Rozier or Mickey, maybe even our own 2018 pick. I love Butler, he's on a long term deal that's gonna be a bargain in a year or two.

« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2016, 02:42:49 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

Throw in Smart and maybe a 40% chance.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)