Author Topic: Rumor: Timberwolves to offer pick number 5 and players for Butler  (Read 11716 times)

Re: Rumor: Timberwolves to offer pick number 5 and players for Butler
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2016, 09:58:51 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
If Butler's value is so high, why is he available?

Chicago are in full blown re-build. A guy that I would love to nab is actually Doug. He might, along with everyone's Bobby Binkie, be unavailable..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2016, 10:10:08 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
No way Minnesota does this. Maybe this is what Chicago wants but if Minny was offering this it'd be a done deal.

Maybe Lavine + #5 for Butler?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2016, 10:27:31 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
We can't match that deal as I see it.  LaVine and Deing +5 is better than 3 with AB.

Eh , LaVine and Dieng are both lesser players than Bradley, and I think Bradley is around the same age as Dieng, though it doesn't seem like it.

The thing about the position were in is that, if we feel the justification is there, we can easily beat a deal like that by overpaying a little.

Even if we assume #5, Dieng and LaVine is better than #3 and AB, is it better than #3, AB, Terry Rozier, and the 2018 Brooklyn pick? I seriously doubt it. Is it better than #3, #16 and Smart? I doubt that too. For example, of Butler means a chance at Durant, you take it. If you can use some of your assets to put together a package for Butler and Love you might have to take that too.

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2016, 10:36:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
No chance it's Wiggins....

More likely its lavine plus 5.  But also pekovic or anybody else not named towns , wiggins

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2016, 10:38:50 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I doubt they give up wiggins, maybe something like Rubio and #5.

Rubio has negative value so that won't happen.

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2016, 10:40:22 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton

More likely its lavine plus 5.  But also pekovic or anybody else not named towns , wiggins

Once again Pekovic has negative value.  It would need to be Levine and Dieng plus the #5

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2016, 10:41:36 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

This is so wrong.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2016, 10:55:42 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton

This is so wrong.

No it's not.  Read what Woj Kyler, Stein and the other experts  say.  He's got a big contract and still hasn't learned how to hit a jumper.  Nobody wants him as a starter.  The Twolves tried to trade him at the deadline and found no takers.  Read the articles.

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2016, 10:57:09 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199

Once again Pekovic has negative value.  It would need to be Levine and Dieng plus the #5
Lavine, Dieng and 5 is a HOME RUN for the Wolves.  The only way CHI can even consider this trade is if Wiggins is included, or alternately 2-3 first round picks.  If I'm MN, I'd do Wiggins, filler and 5 for Butler, no questions asked.  Butler's contract of 16, 17, 18M over the next 3 years is such a sweet deal.

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2016, 10:59:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

You cant. Salaries dont match

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2016, 11:00:04 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

This is so wrong.

No it's not.  Read what Woj Kyler, Stein and the other experts  say.  He's got a big contract and still hasn't learned how to hit a jumper.  Nobody wants him as a starter.  The Twolves tried to trade him at the deadline and found no takers.  Read the articles.
Correct.  Rubio at 15M IS a net negative for a lot of teams.  You just can't play him alongside so many guys in the league, namely non-shooters.  Rubio's contract is partially a business play.  He was the face of the Wolves for a couple years and he's marketable.  He's a better Jeremy Lin in a way.  Sells tickets and jerseys, but is a coaching nightmare.

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2016, 11:09:42 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

This is so wrong.

Read the articles? You mean the ones about how the Bucks actually initiated trade talks about Rubio and Woj reported that Kidd had "piqued interest" in Rubio? Those ones? No, that's what I thought. You read the articles about one of the best distributing, defending, and rebounding point guards in the league.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2016, 11:15:22 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Lavine, Dieng and 5 is a HOME RUN for the Wolves.  The only way CHI can even consider this trade is if Wiggins is included, or alternately 2-3 first round picks.  If I'm MN, I'd do Wiggins, filler and 5 for Butler, no questions asked.  Butler's contract of 16, 17, 18M over the next 3 years is such a sweet deal.

Just because I like accuracy, Butler's contract is $18.4-$20.7 mil over the next three years if he's traded.  Still a nice deal, but a bit more than you suggest.

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2016, 11:17:25 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney

This is so wrong.

Read the articles? You mean the ones about how the Bucks actually initiated trade talks about Rubio and Woj reported that Kidd had "piqued interest" in Rubio? Those ones? No, that's what I thought. You read the articles about one of the best distributing, defending, and rebounding point guards in the league.
Kidd prob likes him because Kidd and Rondo are the only such point guards to win anything in the last 30 years.  PG's who can't shoot are a death sentence.

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2016, 11:17:47 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

This is so wrong.

Correct.  Rubio at 15M IS a net negative for a lot of teams.  You just can't play him alongside so many guys in the league, namely non-shooters.  Rubio's contract is partially a business play.  He was the face of the Wolves for a couple years and he's marketable.  He's a better Jeremy Lin in a way.  Sells tickets and jerseys, but is a coaching nightmare.

Not true at all. Rubio makes the Timberwolves noticeably better. They have played ~.500 ball over the past two years when he plays, and they have been generally abyssal when he doesn't. He's a fantastic defender who has evolved from being a gambler to being a great positional and opportunistic defender. His vision is off the charts, and his three-point jumper has really improved. Rubio's problem is finishing around the basket. He's basically prime Rondo minus the 55%+ inside 3 feet and the freakish ability to absolutely go off.

15mill for Rubio with the rising cap is a bargain.