Author Topic: Grizzly Bear Blues Mock Draft Has Us Trading Up To #11 For Jaylen Brown  (Read 4804 times)

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
One thing I'm confused about -- I don't believe we have Philly's 2018 2nd-rounder.

We don't.  Actually, we have no 2018 2nd rounders (not even our own)

I wouldn't think anything of it if they missed the fact that we traded our own 2018 2nd, but I have no idea where they came up with us having Philly's

We have our own in 2018 if we don't pick 56-60.  Although I'm fine if you're just assuming we'll have a top 5 record and give it away.

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
One thing I'm confused about -- I don't believe we have Philly's 2018 2nd-rounder.

TP for a good catch. I'm going to assume they meant this year's pick.

I don't like Chriss at 3, but there is no. freaking. way. Brown falls that far.

Mike

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

TP for a good catch. I'm going to assume they meant this year's pick.

I don't like Chriss at 3, but there is no. freaking. way. Brown falls that far.

Mike

I agree on both.  Chriss at #3 is ridiculous.  I'm glad he's big and athletic, and can shoot decently for someone who is large and athletic, but at #3, knowing how to play basketball should be important.  One think I like to look at is fouls.  He fouled out 15 times, and got 4 fouls on 10 other games.  That's a major sign he continually ceded the advantage on defense, despite being both larger and more athletic than most of his opponents.  At his rate of fouling, he's not going to be able to stay in the court.

Now, the positive thing in his favor, performance-wise, is that his performance improved as the year progressed, despite playing against better competition later in the season.  Still, he hasn't shown nearly enough production to warrant the #3 selection. 

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Brown would be amazing at #11. While I think it is unlikely, I do think it is quite possible for one of the top 8 (or so) prospects to fall to #11 and Ainge would have the picks to trade up. Being able to trade the #3 for a 'star', while still getting a top prospect would have to be the ideal outcome for this draft.

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I really like the idea if combining some of these picks and going after Chriss and Brown. We need 2 potential impact players and not 5 decent prospects.  I feel like Sacramento at 8 is the best chance to move up, they havent had good success drafting recently, with only WCS being a solid pick in the last 3 years.

To get a better shot at getting Chriss and Brown both, I think moving all the way up to #6 would be smart.  Trade Amir, Rozier, #16, #23 for Asik, Pondexter, and #6.I came up with this trade a few weeks ago, but now I've added more to it. It's just too important to consolidate talent.  We would be taking a bad contract off their hands and giving them 3 decent prospects in Rozier, #16, and #23.

Chriss and Brown fit DA's mold and put together with IT, AB, Crowder, Smart - gives him 6 players as a really solid, athletic foundation. Plus Chriss and Brown bring a lot more size to the forward positions.

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
I would put money on Chriss slipping to 11 before Brown does. I doubt Brown falls out of the top 6. I wouldn't put much faith in Grizzy Bear.

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
interesting they think Brown is slipping to #11, anyone knows why his stock has been dropping?

I'm hearing he's killing every workout, for what that's worth. I don't hear anything about dropping.

Someone always falls though.

Exactly.....

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
From what I've read there is as much a likelihood of us taking Brown at 3 as their is of us taking Chriss. I honestly can't see him falling to 11.

I don't see Chriss falling to 11 either. I've heard his hometown Sacramento Kings really like him and they pick 8th.

Here's hoping we get neither and flip #3 for Jimmy Buckets. Go trader Danny!

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
getting brown at #3 and deyonta davis at #11 is far more likely.

davis is also a great athlete, maybe not quite chriss's level, but has a bigger frame/more weight and a better BBIQ. his blocks per 40 minutes (3.9) and rebounds (11.8 ) are both significantly higher than chriss (2.6 and 5.6), and his defensive fundamentals are far superior.

he needs to develop a jump shot, but his form and skill level seem high enough that it's likely he'll get one at some point.

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
If Brown slips to #11, I'd totally move up for that price to take him.  I am wincing at Chriss at the #3 overall though.  We should trade back if we draft a raw guy like Chriss.  I'd much rather Bender or Murray at #3.  Heck if the Celtics are in love with Brown, might as well just draft him at #3.  I'd prefer him to Chriss.

getting brown at #3 and deyonta davis at #11 is far more likely.

davis is also a great athlete, maybe not quite chriss's level, but has a bigger frame/more weight and a better BBIQ. his blocks per 40 minutes (3.9) and rebounds (11.8 ) are both significantly higher than chriss (2.6 and 5.6), and his defensive fundamentals are far superior.

he needs to develop a jump shot, but his form and skill level seem high enough that it's likely he'll get one at some point.

Would love to see Deyonta Davis on the Celtics!  TP.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Ive been saying for a while that Brown will slip. Possibly as far as 13 to phx. Brown is a great athlete but not special by NBA standards.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Getting both Chriss and Brown in this draft without giving up significant assets to get both would be an absolute heist, in my opinion, which is also why it probably won't happen either.  :(

Yeah, a heist for our would-be trading partner, lol.  Chriss is a bad rebounder and he doesn't possess a good motor according to what I've read.  Meanwhile, Brown isn't even a basketball player.  He has an NBA body, sure, but no skills to compliment his physical gifts as of right now.  Ugh.