Author Topic: Grizzly Bear Blues Mock Draft Has Us Trading Up To #11 For Jaylen Brown  (Read 4785 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
http://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2016/6/9/11894246/gbb-community-mock-draft-pick-11-trade

They are doing a mock draft over there, and I found this really interesting. They have not finished it, but for the Celtics they have made two picks already.

In fact, they believe the Celtics will trade #16, #23, and the 2018 Philadelphia Second Rounder to Orlando for #11 this year, and they will select Jaylen Brown with #11.

They have the Celtics taking Chriss at #3, so Chriss and Brown from the First Round.

I found this interesting, and thought that if the Celtics want Brown badly, they are better off either trading up from #16 for him, or trading down from #3 and getting Brown in the 4-7 range as well as another role player from the team they trade with. Not at #3 though.

I feel at #3 the Celtics should take either Dunn, Hield, Murray or Bender (I'd be fine with either, though Dunn might not want to come here as his agents have already told the Celtics he doesn't want to play for them and have refused to give them his medical records).

What do you guys think of this scenario?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
interesting they think Brown is slipping to #11, anyone knows why his stock has been dropping?

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I wouldn't be surprised if Jaylen falls, but all the way to 11 seems unlikely.

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I wouldn't be surprised if Jaylen falls, but all the way to 11 seems unlikely.

That's why I found it interesting, that he will be all the way down at #11.

I think, worst case scenario for Brown, he goes 8, but never thought he would slip from the top-10 of the draft.

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
interesting they think Brown is slipping to #11, anyone knows why his stock has been dropping?

I'm hearing he's killing every workout, for what that's worth. I don't hear anything about dropping.

Someone always falls though.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I'm hearing he's killing every workout, for what that's worth. I don't hear anything about dropping.

Someone always falls though.

Their mock has Sabonis going at #7 with Denver, whereas most other sites and experts predict Sabonis could be had at #16 (good for us  :D )

They (Grizzlies blog) are doing a lot of it based on need for teams

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I have serious doubts that Brown would fall all the way to #11.

That being said, I'd have no problem with the Celtics consolidating picks & making this move to grab him at #11 if this scenario broke out.   They need to do this.  They can't use all these picks.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I have serious doubts that Brown would fall all the way to #11.

That being said, I'd have no problem with the Celtics consolidating picks & making this move to grab him at #11 if this scenario broke out.   They need to do this.  They can't use all these picks.

As I said, this is why I found the mock draft they did very interesting. For Brown to fall all the way to #11.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Getting both Chriss and Brown in this draft without giving up significant assets to get both would be an absolute heist, in my opinion, which is also why it probably won't happen either.  :(

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Regardless of whether brown is there at 11 that would be a good trade for us to consolidate picks

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
This mock reminds me of how I felt about last year's draft.

If we come out of the draft with Chriss and Brown I will be happy. However, I think 3 is too early for Chriss.

Last year on draft night, I would have been happier if we drafted RJ Hunter at 16 and Rozier at 28, but since the opposite happened I was not happy at the time of the draft but eventually came around.

I've read all the reports on Chriss, but with how raw he is I still refuse to believe we take him at 3.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
One thing I'm confused about -- I don't believe we have Philly's 2018 2nd-rounder.

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Both of those guys will be gone at #11. I would be interested if we got Poetl or Davis with that pick though.

I am torn though, I think #23 and #31 could have more bang for your buck than #16 based on the depth of this draft. #31 is also basically first round talent on a better contract. Low risk, high reward.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Chriss and Brown in this draft?  Would be great but I don't see Brown falling THAT far.

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
One thing I'm confused about -- I don't believe we have Philly's 2018 2nd-rounder.

We don't.  Actually, we have no 2018 2nd rounders (not even our own)

I wouldn't think anything of it if they missed the fact that we traded our own 2018 2nd, but I have no idea where they came up with us having Philly's
I'm bitter.