Author Topic: 76ers more interested in trading Okafor than Noel  (Read 6811 times)

76ers more interested in trading Okafor than Noel
« on: June 12, 2016, 09:29:25 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
While the title of it isn't suprising it's the report of what the 76ers believe they will get in return for Okafor that is of interest to me.
The article on BR says that they expect that "they will get equal value in return".

To me that seems to me like that they are pretty sure that they have a willing trade partner and what's more equal in value than a 3rd overall pick for a 3rd overall pick. Albeit in a weaker draft, but with the ability to fill in roster holes with players they really like.

I feel like they had a deal at the trade deadline set up, but didn't know the concrete value of the Brooklyn pick. Now that it is set in stone I think the deal gets done on draft night.

Re: 76ers more interested in trading Okafor than Noel
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 09:45:01 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I would guess that this is a back-up sort of plan for Danny if nothing else works out. And it's just as good of a deal for Philly, so I bet they're just waiting with the hope that nobody else trades with us in order to get the number three pick.

I've always felt that Colangelo and Ainge have had this locked as a side-deal for if nothing else works out for us. It helps that they're pretty good buddies, apparently.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 09:50:51 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics ask for more than Okafor if they work out a deal.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 10:20:14 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Russell or Dunn would equal Okafor. Noel wouldn't fetch nearly the same.This is why I think Okafor seems most likely to be traded. It's all about value.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 10:24:48 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics ask for more than Okafor if they work out a deal.

What else does Philly have that we would want?  Our other two first rounders are better than Philly's and I don't think this team needs somebody like Covington as a marginal bench player.

Mike

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 10:29:41 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Not surprising.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 10:35:41 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

What else does Philly have that we would want?  Our other two first rounders are better than Philly's and I don't think this team needs somebody like Covington as a marginal bench player.

Mike

The Lakers Pick/Dario Saric. I think it all depends on how desperate Philly is for a guard.

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 10:58:29 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
 I really don't want Okafor on our team. I'd rather draft Brown or Bender. Seriously.

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 11:05:36 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2671
  • bammokja
I really don't want Okafor on our team. I'd rather draft Brown or Bender. Seriously.
I agree. Okafor has a game that is too limited. He does excel at low post scoring but that is about all he brings. CBS' offense likes to have movement and players who can play different places on the floor for spacing. Okafor is the opposite of that.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 11:06:41 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
It would be simply awesome if we could get Dario Saric in some kind of Okafor deal.
Not sure exactly what else we'd have to give up-but he could be a real stud in the nba.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 11:17:09 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I thought they were trading Noel to Atlanta for Jeff Teague?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 11:30:52 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
You'd think that the worst team in the league looking to unload a guy they JUST drafted last year at #3, over a guy they took at #6 3 years ago and due for a big raise, would be a warning sign to a team like Boston not to use it's own #3 on him this year.

Look, I get he's a legit prospect, but Ainge isn't trading #3 for Okafor unless it comes with more. And I'm not so sure Bob Covington is enough, much as I like him.

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 11:33:18 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Knowing what we know now, if Silver was to rule that Okafor is no longer the property of the Sixers (perhaps because of felony tanking) and must reenter the draft, I just can't see how he wouldn't be one of the top three picks. Why should we expect more than just Okafor for #3?

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 11:48:11 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I agree. Okafor has a game that is too limited. He does excel at low post scoring but that is about all he brings. CBS' offense likes to have movement and players who can play different places on the floor for spacing. Okafor is the opposite of that.

Yeah, I love classic low post players, but he's pretty one dimensional in terms of his impact on the game as of right now.  He's also not much of a passer, rebounder, or shot blocker, especially, but I can see why people like him as far as giving us an inside presence, which desperately need. 

As an aside, I think the defensive strategy employed towards him should be called The Jah Rules ;) ;D. Don't Jah wish your big men had feet like me?  Don't Jah wish your big men had hooks like me?  Don't Jah...;D

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 12:11:08 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Pull. The. Trigger.
DKC Suns