Author Topic: Den/Bos/Cle trade idea  (Read 3308 times)

Den/Bos/Cle trade idea
« on: June 12, 2016, 04:56:33 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
How about this for a 3 team Love deal:

Boston sends: Jerebko, Johnson, Hunter, Young, Olynyk, and #3
Boston receives: Love and #7

Cleveland sends: Love
Cleveland receives: Gallinari, Jerebko, and Olynyk

Denver sends: Gallinari and #7
Denver receives: #3, Johnson, Hunter, and Young

Breaks down into Denver moving up to #3 by trading away Gallinari and #7 (which seems really reasonable IMO). Cleveland replacing Love's perimeter shooting with Olynyk and getting a huge upgrade at the SF in Gallinari, this lets them shift LeBron to the 4 where he really needs to play. They can run a Irving, Shumpert, Gallinari, Lebron, Thompson death lineup. Boston gets Love and moves back in the lottery to select Poeltl. We also consolidate a ton of assets. I'd draft Denzel Valentine at #16 and Zhou Qi at #23.

Re: Den/Bos/Cle trade idea
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 05:05:35 PM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Would be VERY nice, but LeBron will probably only settle for an all-star...

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 05:12:56 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
Would be VERY nice, but LeBron will probably only settle for an all-star...

It's a 3 for 1 white guy sale. He'd love it!  ;)

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 05:13:59 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Think Cleveland would want AB over JJ and KO.

Gallinari and AB is perfect for them.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 05:16:02 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum

I couldn't stomach it. AB is my boy.

It's hard to find a third team that would want expirings and the 3rd pick and be willing to give up players that Cleveland wants and would part with Love for.

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 05:16:35 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum

I couldn't stomach it. AB is my boy.

It's hard to find a third team that would want expirings and the 3rd pick and be willing to give up players that Cleveland wants and would part with Love for.

Also, I want to move back in the lotto not move out. Which makes it even more tricky.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 05:25:07 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Cleveland gets fleeced. They are going to demand at least AB instead of JJ in this deal.

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 05:29:35 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Cleveland gets fleeced. They are going to demand at least AB instead of JJ in this deal.

I think Denver is the one getting fleeced and Cleveland is doing very well for itself.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 05:53:08 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

I think Denver is the one getting fleeced and Cleveland is doing very well for itself.
You have to be kidding Denver is doing great in the deal. Galinari and 7 for that haul is very good. Their choice of Heild, Bender, Brown or Murray is very important then you add AJ's expiring and two more young wings. For a rebuilding team that is exactly what you hope for on draft night. Move up, cut salary, get more prospects.

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 05:56:12 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

You have to be kidding Denver is doing great in the deal. Galinari and 7 for that haul is very good. Their choice of Heild, Bender, Brown or Murray is very important then you add AJ's expiring and two more young wings. For a rebuilding team that is exactly what you hope for on draft night. Move up, cut salary, get more prospects.

Giving up Gallo and #7 for essentially #3 is a terrible, terrible deal.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 06:09:14 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum

I completely disagree, this is how any team would expect to move up to 3. It's hard to move up, we've seen this in the past.

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 06:18:38 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum

I completely disagree, this is how any team would expect to move up to 3. It's hard to move up, we've seen this in the past.

Also, I feel like you're implying Gallo is worth the #3 alone. Which if that's the case, a lot of people want to fight you on this board lol.

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 06:36:15 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Gali is a decent player but is paid a lot and often hurt. Even Denver fans would celebrate the deal.

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 06:40:55 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

In another draft, perhaps, but the talent is relatively flat from 3-7 this year.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2016, 06:41:34 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

Also, I feel like you're implying Gallo is worth the #3 alone. Which if that's the case, a lot of people want to fight you on this board lol.

I don't think he's worth #3, and I wouldn't give up #3 for him, but I'd imagine Denver wouldn't accept much less.

DKC Clippers