Author Topic: No. 3 for Wiggins  (Read 2793 times)

Re: No. 3 for Wiggins
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2016, 12:44:50 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
They like him better than the #3 IMO.

I would certainly trade the #3 for Jahlil Okafor though. IMO he has way more talent and upside , both defensively and offensively, than people give him credit for. Remember it's a race not a sprint. Towns/KP/Turner showed more potential to play the current style of NBA game and all loo to be legit 2-way players but I think the sheer volume of talent that came into the league in the 2015 draft really sunk/watered down Jahlil's value.
here is a youtube that shows some highlights of Jahlil's potential:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZihwmQ3PaC8

There are threads from years ago on here with some of us talking about Turner and Towns and even predicting that they would be the best out of the draft class even way before Chad Ford or any of those bloggers knew who or even what hs they went to.
^^^I hate how I have to defend myself by prefacing or ending many threads like this.

If we can't package it for a star, I would certainly trade #3 for Myles Turner. I like him much more than Okafor, we missed out on that kid. He missed some time last season due to injuries, but he's a legit talent.
I legit had to almost see a therapist in order to get over Myles Turner and my anger towards Ainge for:
-not cutting Bass, JJ, and Gigi at the deadline which helped us and almost definitely put us into the playoffs
-not trading up
-From what I can tell he would have drafted Winslow over Turner and paid a hell of a lot to do it

Turner is just made to break my heart and if he came here then he would just do it again.

Also, Turner does have some issues physically and they could alter the length of his career. But I think he is going to take a huge leap, especially since his therapy for the hips/gait/glutes is only 2 years and he could be a hell of a lot more athletic just from that for his soph year.

I debated everyone over the report of his gait/hips/funny running/glutes and that is when everyone was saying how goofy and unathletic he is.....but now almost everyone is saying how athletic he is. Drives me crazy.......literally

I'm with you
DKC Suns

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2016, 12:45:47 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
I seriously dont get the extreme obsession with Miles Turner on here.

Sure the guy looks like a solid prospect, but the way people talk about him you'd think he's the second coming of David Robinson.

He's going to be very good. It's Myles with a Y btw.
DKC Suns

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2016, 01:28:09 AM »

Offline passesofftodj

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
I think we are infinitely more likely to get Police Chief Wiggum for the number 3 pick than Andrew Wiggins.