Author Topic: No. 3 for Wiggins  (Read 2787 times)

No. 3 for Wiggins
« on: June 12, 2016, 01:38:36 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
The kid looks like he will be a very good and mostly consistent scorer at NBA level. He may not yet have 3 point range or great D but he seems to be a good attitude. He also gets to the line a lot, which would be good for our offense.
Banner 18 please 😍

Re: No. 3 for Wiggins
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 01:39:52 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Great for the Cs, wolves would hang up laughing.
#JKJB

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 01:44:15 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
The kid looks like he will be a very good and mostly consistent scorer at NBA level. He may not yet have 3 point range or great D but he seems to be a good attitude. He also gets to the line a lot, which would be good for our offense.

Why would the Wolves want to move him for #3? They already know what Wiggins can do in the NBA now, and his potential is as high or higher than anyone they could possibly get at #3. Wiggins also fills needs on that team.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 02:00:34 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
They like him better than the #3 IMO.

I would certainly trade the #3 for Jahlil Okafor though. IMO he has way more talent and upside , both defensively and offensively, than people give him credit for. Remember it's a race not a sprint. Towns/KP/Turner showed more potential to play the current style of NBA game and all loo to be legit 2-way players but I think the sheer volume of talent that came into the league in the 2015 draft really sunk/watered down Jahlil's value.
here is a youtube that shows some highlights of Jahlil's potential:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZihwmQ3PaC8

There are threads from years ago on here with some of us talking about Turner and Towns and even predicting that they would be the best out of the draft class even way before Chad Ford or any of those bloggers knew who or even what hs they went to.
^^^I hate how I have to defend myself by prefacing or ending many threads like this.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 02:07:08 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I'd hold out for both Towns and Wiggins.

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 02:07:37 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I would certainly trade the #3 for Jahlil Okafor though. IMO he has way more talent and upside , both defensively and offensively, than people give him credit for. Remember it's a race not a sprint. Towns/KP/Turner showed more potential to play the current style of NBA game and all loo to be legit 2-way players but I think the sheer volume of talent that came into the league in the 2015 draft really sunk/watered down Jahlil's value.

There are threads from years ago on here with some of us talking about Turner and Towns and even predicting that they would be the best out of the draft class even way before Chad Ford or any of those bloggers knew who or even what hs they went to.
^^^I hate how I have to defend myself by prefacing or ending many threads like this.

If we can't package it for a star, I would certainly trade #3 for Myles Turner. I like him much more than Okafor, we missed out on that kid. He missed some time last season due to injuries, but he's a legit talent.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 02:15:08 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

There it is!:

Towns and Wiggins for the third pick (we'll throw in the 16 if the Wolves are playing hardball).
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 02:18:52 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

If we can't package it for a star, I would certainly trade #3 for Myles Turner. I like him much more than Okafor, we missed out on that kid. He missed some time last season due to injuries, but he's a legit talent.
I legit had to almost see a therapist in order to get over Myles Turner and my anger towards Ainge for:
-not cutting Bass, JJ, and Gigi at the deadline which helped us and almost definitely put us into the playoffs
-not trading up
-From what I can tell he would have drafted Winslow over Turner and paid a hell of a lot to do it

Turner is just made to break my heart and if he came here then he would just do it again.

Also, Turner does have some issues physically and they could alter the length of his career. But I think he is going to take a huge leap, especially since his therapy for the hips/gait/glutes is only 2 years and he could be a hell of a lot more athletic just from that for his soph year.

I debated everyone over the report of his gait/hips/funny running/glutes and that is when everyone was saying how goofy and unathletic he is.....but now almost everyone is saying how athletic he is. Drives me crazy.......literally

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 02:33:43 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Great for the Cs, wolves would hang up laughing.

I logged off laughing....
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 05:26:52 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
0% chance the Wolves agree to this. I actually think it's close to fair--Wiggins has not been very good-- but still, 0%.

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 05:30:41 PM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36

There it is!:

Towns and Wiggins for the third pick (we'll throw in the 16 if the Wolves are playing hardball).

Throwing in 16 would be an overpay! Maybe throw in Young or Holland  ::)

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 05:36:00 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
with all due credit to the OP he did not say Andrew Wiggins of the Wolves. It could be maybe another Wiggins or another #3.

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 05:43:21 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm 100% sure you'd be more likely to find a living unicorn and mermaid on the same day.

In fact any combination of any two cryptozoological animals would be more likely. Bigfoot and Nessie.

Champ and a chupacabra.

Pick any two. I mean the truth is out there. But Wiggins for the 3rd pick is not.

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 06:16:01 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I gave away a bunch of TPs on the responses, love them! The Godfather couldn't force the Wolves to do that trade. ;)

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 12:38:53 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I seriously dont get the extreme obsession with Miles Turner on here.

Sure the guy looks like a solid prospect, but the way people talk about him you'd think he's the second coming of David Robinson.