Poll

Space Jam 2 is reportedly in the works; should Warner Bros. cast LeBron James or Steph Curry?

Curry
8 (61.5%)
James
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Space Jam 2: Should Warner Bros. Drop LeBron for Curry?  (Read 5290 times)

Space Jam 2: Should Warner Bros. Drop LeBron for Curry?
« on: June 04, 2016, 04:47:29 AM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
I can only imagine how much of a fit LeBron would have if they did it, but you have to admit that Curry has a more family-friendly image and would seemingly belong more than James in a Looney Tunes movie. Besides, Curry is the champion, not LeBron. Warner Bros. did not cast Karl Malone in the first one instead of Michael Jordan, right?

Re: Space Jam 2: Should Warner Bros. Drop LeBron for Curry?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 05:34:43 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
To me good part of what lebron does drops in the water because of his annoying-corporate personality.

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 05:41:47 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Wasn't the first one filmed before the 1995/96 season? I thought so.

After the 1994/95 playoffs. When Jordan lost in the 2nd round. Olajuwon won the title.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 06:16:49 AM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford

After the 1994/95 playoffs. When Jordan lost in the 2nd round. Olajuwon won the title.

I thought it came out during the middle of Jordan's second reign hence my reference to Karl Malone, but you're right. With regards to Jordan's exit in the second round, he was still recuperating from the loss of his father. Better off losing before The Finals, anyway.

Olajuwon won the title that year, but it was really a matter of Shaq/Penny/Grant/Anderson choking in the Finals like nobody before or since. Fun fact: Those Rockets are the only team seeded lower than four that went on to win the NBA Championship.

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 08:22:18 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Nope.

LeBron James has been the best player in the NBA hands down for last 10 years or so. He has been the face of the NBA.

He is the best player on the floor in this series.

I can't stand him from a Celtics Fan perspective but from an NBA Fan perspective he's been great for the game and deserves to star in Space Jam II.

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 08:58:30 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Yeah, That was the season he came back a couple months before the playoffs and wasn't in any shape to play ball. He had a indoor court set up at the movie shoot and had players come in to scrimmage.

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 09:01:04 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Nope.

LeBron James has been the best player in the NBA hands down for last 10 years or so. He has been the face of the NBA.

He is the best player on the floor in this series.

I can't stand him from a Celtics Fan perspective but from an NBA Fan perspective he's been great for the game and deserves to star in Space Jam II.

There's been one game of the series, and he was good for the first half. He quit on the team in the second when GSW started to pull ahead, but didn't do anything when Cleveland started to come back. A player like Jordan would have smelled blood in the water and would have gone at GSW, but thats part that is lacking in Lebrons game, the killer instinct and the grind for 48 minutes.

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 09:15:51 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
nah they should let the movie ride out with LeBron leaving in the ending for the monstars. That will set up a sequel to Space Jam 3 where Curry comes to save the looney tunes from LeBron and the monstars

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 09:18:24 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
nah they should let the movie ride out with LeBron leaving in the ending for the monstars. That will set up a sequel to Space Jam 3 where Curry comes to save the looney tunes from LeBron and the monstars

That's a great idea! Lebron should dump his team and join the monstars for a better chance of winning, and Curry comes by in the sequel to kick his butt  :)

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 09:20:43 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
LeBron is polarizing, he does not have the charisma of MJ.   Half the folks will love him and want to go the other half will want nothing to do with it.

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 10:30:34 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'll just leave this well-written article  by Mr. Michael Eric Dyson here for consumption.

http://theundefeated.com/features/light-skinned-vs-dark-skinned/

Read it if you wish - or not. I'm sure some will scoff at the article, but to ME as a Black Man of lighter hue in America this stuff is SO TRUE to me.

I've heard that Steph Curry projects a certain image in America and this is true. I'm certain that there are other factors at work here - as far as both of these players' IMAGE. EVERYONE loves him, including me. He does in fact project a clean image, especially with his adorable daughter. But I also love Lebron James and would like to see him come full circle and win a Banner for CLE.

LeBron hasn't helped his image with what he did way back in 2010, but he has since made amends. Some of us may think that "him coming back to CLE" has more to do with the TALENT there vice in MIA and I can't dispute that. But I honestly believe that him coming home has more to do with it than anything else.

Some of us still look at him as a villain and understandably so, being that he's been a HUGE thorn in the Boston Celtics collective fan base for the last several years.

LeBron has recently spoken out on Social Issues - with the Trayvon Martin tragedy and other recent events. Michael - in his prime years in the NBA - did not. Michael has since been more vocal on Social Issues (his comments about Donald Sterling are noted).

LeBron James has garnered praise from the great Jim Brown.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/lebrons-gesture-towards-jim-brown-moved-the-football-legend/a2xy01uu0rr91ifket83miqp1

LeBron James has stated before that BOSTON has given him among his biggest challenges in the NBA - even recently with AB's dagger in CLE. I understand the animosity. But LeBron James deserves to be the star of the Space Jam II movie. I'd be open to Steph Curry playing a part in SJ III in a few years, but this is LeBron's time.

Whatever happens in this series there can be no denying that LeBron James has been the best player in the NBA over the last 10 years or so.

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 10:55:43 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I think Durant would be terrific. His form on his jump-shot and all the spin moves, fadeaways and jumpers off the dribble would look fantastic.

CP3 could be great as well. Personable. Charismatic. And he's small. Going up against all those monsters. Little CP3 would be great. All his passing and making his teammates better. Turning all the others into quality players with his teamwork. That would be a good theme.

I think both of those guys would be better than LeBron. LeBron is more like a bulldozer. He overwhelms people with his power and speed. Like a SF Shaq. I don't think that works well against monstars who are giant freaks who can overwhelm any person. Jordan was great because he was much more skilled and versatile scoring wise than LeBron is. That is why I like Durant more LeBron because he has that same range of scoring, deadly shooting and super-high offensive skill-level. It's also why I like CP3. The little guy running through all those giant monstars and dishing to the wide open bugs bunny for the 3. Fun stuff. 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 06:55:07 AM by Who »

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 10:59:36 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Warner Bros. shouldn't make a sequel, period.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 11:50:42 PM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
While many of us have a different opinion of Magic Johnson by virtue of his association with the Lakers, Curry is adored by fans throughout the league like nobody since Johnson. Why? If we are completely objective, they're just likeable guys. They have that "fun-happy-go-lucky" aura that is hard to dislike. In comparison, LeBron has a tattoo of "The Chosen One" and another tattoo with reference to King James...seriously? The man makes Kobe look humble.

I'd rather see Kobe cast than LeBron. And I never thought I would dislike a player more than Kobe.

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 12:02:54 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
No.