Author Topic: 2016 NBA Draft Thread  (Read 223981 times)

Re: 2016 NBA Draft Thread
« Reply #1695 on: June 24, 2016, 01:57:32 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
How about Brown's D? I keep hearing that he's a good defender/has good potential, but I haven't got to see much of him in action. Is he a Smart-level type of defender where he'll come in and affect the game on that side of the ball from day one, or is it more based on his athleticism/measurables and his potential as a good defender?

I think they say it's more potential to be a good defender.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #1696 on: June 24, 2016, 02:18:44 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Im meh on the Brown pick, wouldve preferred Dunn, but fine with Brown. I think Dunn, Brown and Bender have the highest upside among the next tier but Brown has the biggest risk. Chriss is next tier for me.

Absolutely no idea on Yabusele, would have to see him in action first.

Love the Zizic pick, it was between him and Zubac and Zizic is the better player right now although Zubac has more upside.

« Reply #1697 on: June 24, 2016, 06:37:46 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Jackson and Bentil were by far the best picks of the night, but not taking GP II at 58 is a huge mistake, imo.  As for the best of the undrafted guys, we should look into Payton, Sheldon McClellan, Danuel House, Jameel Warney, Jarrod Uthoff, Daniel Ochefu, Nick Faust, Yogi Ferrell, and Tonye Jekiri.

Update - McClellan will sign a partially guaranteed deal with Washington, who also signed Danuel House, Houston is expected to signed Gary Payton II to a 3 year contract, and Yogi is going to play for the Nets in the Summer League.

http://www.csnne.com/player-news?sport=NBA

Sigh.

Payton probably didn't want to be stashed, so he was off of Ainge's board.  God for him getting a deal like that with Houston
I'm bitter.

« Reply #1698 on: June 24, 2016, 06:55:52 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Dunn, Brown and Bender have the highest upside among the next tier but Brown has the biggest risk.

Bender?  The guy averaged 5 PPG in Israel.   He is a much bigger risk than Brown.  Browm is a NBA athlete.   Bender is not he has NBA size though, but you have to be concerned with a guy who can't get playing time overseas.   Bender was not an all star in his league, at least Zizic was the best center in Europe.

Boy, there are a lot of folks drunk on the Hype Kool-aid this year.

« Reply #1699 on: June 24, 2016, 08:42:37 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
1 Thomas
2 Bradley
3 smart
4 Jackson
5 rozier
6 Kelly o
7 jerebko
8 amir
9 brown
10 zizic
11 hunter
12 bentil
13 crowder
14 Young
15 Mickey

Don't see any space for a free agent unless they sign and trade
Let go of Jerebko and Amir (which you need to do anyway to free up FA cash).  Stash Zizic.  Bentil and Jackson still haven't made the team.  There's plenty of room.

« Reply #1700 on: June 24, 2016, 08:54:50 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911

man, "galaxy quest" was pretty great. heard they were going to make a sequel but then alan rickman died, so it's up in the air now. bummer.

One of my favourite "bad" movies ever. Tbh, I don't think they should make a sequel, it just wouldn't be the same without Rickman.

Finally, a discussion of something important!

I'm a huge First Amendment guy, but I'd have a hard time voting against a law that proclaimed that no Alan Rickman movie could ever be remade or get a sequel.

Mike

« Reply #1701 on: June 24, 2016, 10:58:43 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Jackson and Bentil were by far the best picks of the night, but not taking GP II at 58 is a huge mistake, imo.  As for the best of the undrafted guys, we should look into Payton, Sheldon McClellan, Danuel House, Jameel Warney, Jarrod Uthoff, Daniel Ochefu, Nick Faust, Yogi Ferrell, and Tonye Jekiri.

Update - McClellan will sign a partially guaranteed deal with Washington, who also signed Danuel House, Houston is expected to signed Gary Payton II to a 3 year contract, and Yogi is going to play for the Nets in the Summer League.

http://www.csnne.com/player-news?sport=NBA

Sigh.

Payton probably didn't want to be stashed, so he was off of Ainge's board.  God for him getting a deal like that with Houston

I don't care - he should have taken him.  Rosters are always in a state of change, especially one controlled by Danny Ainge.  Just cut Young and sign him.

« Reply #1702 on: November 23, 2016, 09:50:25 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Ughhh Zizic...

You guys are never satisfied are you

Firstly, we should've only took two guys in the first round and traded the other.

I wanted Davis or Skal over Zizic, but I understand the Zizic pick. My frustration is more about Danny not pulling the trigger on a trade earlier.
what's the confirmed trade offer in particular that is frustrating you? 

I was expecting Danny to make a deal but overpaying to get what you want is not a trade worth making.  Still disappointed but will need to see some concrete offer that was fair yet rejected by danny before getting irate
3 for Noel, Covington, 24, 26 is more than fair.  We should have taken it.
was that confirmed though?  I heard it as a rumor and I agree that I would have pulled the trigger on that deal.  Noel starts at center.  Covington is a solid back up behind Crowder and based on who's still available at 24 and 26 right now, we would have made out very well.
Wyc basically confirmed it in his rant.  Claimed it was a low ball trade.  Not sure what the Celtics were smoking but that was a darn good trade.  Boston will regret not taking it.  Basically chose Brown over Noel, Covington, Luwawu, and Korkmaz (that is just using the players Philly took).  Unless Brown is a HOF type player, I don't see how it will ever work out in Boston's favor.  Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if Covington has a better career than Brown yet alone Noel.

Lol