Author Topic: 2016 NBA Draft Thread  (Read 222733 times)

Re: 2016 NBA Draft Thread
« Reply #1680 on: June 24, 2016, 12:54:24 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Can't believe we gave away Davis 😧

« Reply #1681 on: June 24, 2016, 12:57:08 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Ainge must have really hated his game, he wouldn't even have him on a nonguaranteed deal.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1682 on: June 24, 2016, 01:00:11 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Disappointing.  Probably the same during free agency. Strap in for 5-10 more years of mediocrity

« Reply #1683 on: June 24, 2016, 01:05:21 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Ainge must have really hated his game, he wouldn't even have him on a nonguaranteed deal.

A lot of people must have hated his game, considering who got picked in the last half of the first round.

Mike

« Reply #1684 on: June 24, 2016, 01:06:40 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Nader has agreed to be stashed in the D League.
Nader is largely irrelevant. Our most recent picks in this range included Kris Joseph, ETwaun Moore, and Luke Harangody.

Moore is now making important contributions on the Chicago bulls.
Well, him and Ryan Gomes are the only two 50+ picks we made over the last 10 years that have had some semblance of an NBA career. Moore in particular deserves credit. He was rather awful when he played for us.

Part of Ainge's reputation comes from him being way above average on these late picks.

And the Celtics just got 155 starts out of players taken in the last ten picks this past season.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #1685 on: June 24, 2016, 01:07:14 AM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Mickey is better than him, period

« Reply #1686 on: June 24, 2016, 01:09:15 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Disappointing.  Probably the same during free agency. Strap in for 5-10 more years of mediocrity
I'm really sorry we couldn't get Durant, Butler, and DeMarcus Cousins for you. You might just have to scoot back over to real life.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1687 on: June 24, 2016, 01:10:25 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Jackson and Bentil were by far the best picks of the night, but not taking GP II at 58 is a huge mistake, imo.  As for the best of the undrafted guys, we should look into Payton, Sheldon McClellan, Danuel House, Jameel Warney, Jarrod Uthoff, Daniel Ochefu, Nick Faust, Yogi Ferrell, and Tonye Jekiri.

Update - McClellan will sign a partially guaranteed deal with Washington, who also signed Danuel House, Houston is expected to signed Gary Payton II to a 3 year contract, and Yogi is going to play for the Nets in the Summer League.

http://www.csnne.com/player-news?sport=NBA

Sigh.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 03:19:11 AM by Beat LA »

« Reply #1688 on: June 24, 2016, 01:10:27 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Nader is largely irrelevant. Our most recent picks in this range included Kris Joseph, ETwaun Moore, and Luke Harangody.

Moore is now making important contributions on the Chicago bulls.
Well, him and Ryan Gomes are the only two 50+ picks we made over the last 10 years that have had some semblance of an NBA career. Moore in particular deserves credit. He was rather awful when he played for us.

Part of Ainge's reputation comes from him being way above average on these late picks.

And the Celtics just got 155 starts out of players taken in the last ten picks this past season.
I feel like we've gotten more mileage from the middle of the draft (late first + early second) than from the very tail end, but perhaps I'm wrong. Too sleepy to tally this right now.

« Reply #1689 on: June 24, 2016, 01:11:29 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Jackson and Bentil were by far the best picks of the night, but not taking GP II at 58 is a huge mistake, imo.  As for the best of the undrafted guys, we should look into Payton, Sheldon McClellan, Danuel House, Jameel Warney, Jarrod Uthoff, Daniel Ochefu, Nick Faust, and Tonye Jekiri.

Update - McClellan will sign a partially guaranteed deal with Washington, who also signed Danuel House, and Houston is expected to signed Gary Payton II to a 3 year contract.

http://www.csnne.com/player-news?sport=NBA

Sigh.
There seem to be a bunch of agreements with undrafted players that have already been in place. The Vertical unleashed a large slew of them right after the draft.

« Reply #1690 on: June 24, 2016, 01:19:01 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I am an ISU alum and watched every game that Nader played last year.  I am pretty surprised that he got drafted.  He was somewhat inconsistent for ISU, but he did start the whole year.  He had a number of good games, and some highlight reel dunks.  He has pretty good length and a bit hot/cold from distance.  He has an nba body.  I am happy to watch him on the redclaws next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_Zqgl58WY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kphrkQymUvI

« Reply #1691 on: June 24, 2016, 01:41:57 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Rumors are Jackson might be headed to Dallas.

It was an incorrect tweet. The dude meant Boston. He corrected himself in the next tweet

Good. Best pick Boston made. Still shaking my head at the pick of the French chucker at 16.
44% from three point land is chucking? Ha, ha... Now you have me shaking my head.

Watch some videos on him. Right now he is a very good offensive player. The knock on him is poor defense.

At least get your Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing straight.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #1692 on: June 24, 2016, 01:45:12 AM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
So,  who's got a crystal ball?   How did Ainge do?    ;D

« Reply #1693 on: June 24, 2016, 01:50:54 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I'm really sorry we couldn't get Durant, Butler, and DeMarcus Cousins for you. You might just have to scoot back over to real life.
Good retort, you have been on a roll tonight.  ;D

All in all a good draft. I preferred bender over brown, but brown will be a good nba player.  Yabusele surprised me. Very good offense but poor defense. I guess Ainge projected him as improving. I will trust him on this.

Ziti can was a very good pick.

Best of all, this board will finally shut the hell up about Ainge hating euros.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #1694 on: June 24, 2016, 01:56:33 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
How about Brown's D? I keep hearing that he's a good defender/has good potential, but I haven't got to see much of him in action. Is he a Smart-level type of defender where he'll come in and affect the game on that side of the ball from day one, or is it more based on his athleticism/measurables and his potential as a good defender?