Author Topic: We are in Great Shape Guys  (Read 4717 times)

We are in Great Shape Guys
« on: May 31, 2016, 11:48:39 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Just reflecting on how down in the dumps and hopeless this forum was in the aftermath of the KG/Pierce trade to now. After not getting lucky in the lottery the first year we tanked and after losing out on Kevin Love, we are still in great shape as a franchise. Even if we dont get a major free agent like a Durant this offseason we still have the #3 pick along with a few other firsts. We still OWN the Nets franchise for the next 2 years by having their picks and we will still be a young and flexible team all with great contracts. No reason to think we wont at least be the #3 seed next year and hopefully playing in the ECF.

The future is bright in Boston!

Re: We are in Great Shape Guys
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 11:56:42 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The next two months are going to be fun.

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 05:12:21 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
The future is only as bright as the #3 pick and if that's Dragan Bender then our future seems pretty dim.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 06:01:04 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
The future is only as bright as the #3 pick and if that's Dragan Bender then our future seems pretty dim.

Oh neggy nancy leave it alone! You talk in absolutes about a subject none of us are sure on yet

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 06:04:07 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
This is the issue is everything is depending on situation.  It's like the title article here on what to do with Sully.  Everything depends. Even Sully there are still situations where he could stay.  To me it's Durant and build around him or we continue to build through the draft and make smart trades and free agent signings.  We don't want to get stuck in the middle is all making bad deals and bad signings.

It's very possible Ainge could draft Bender and have a good streak of drafting the next 3 years where we put a team out there like OKC, GS or a team like that.

There is still nothing set in stone but it is one direction or the other as far as how to build a championship team.

I trust Ainge knows this.  He is going to make the right choices depending on situations.

It's the jumping off a cliff and halfbaked trade stuff that is bad.

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 06:53:29 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
This is the issue is everything is depending on situation.  It's like the title article here on what to do with Sully.  Everything depends. Even Sully there are still situations where he could stay.  To me it's Durant and build around him or we continue to build through the draft and make smart trades and free agent signings.  We don't want to get stuck in the middle is all making bad deals and bad signings.

It's very possible Ainge could draft Bender and have a good streak of drafting the next 3 years where we put a team out there like OKC, GS or a team like that.

There is still nothing set in stone but it is one direction or the other as far as how to build a championship team.

I trust Ainge knows this.  He is going to make the right choices depending on situations.

It's the jumping off a cliff and halfbaked trade stuff that is bad.

I wholeheartedly agree with that first paragraph. Durant or draft, no signing mediocre talent to long term contracts. The only exception to that would be to invest in a center if we can't pick one up in the draft. Someone like Zaza Pachulia who can give us some size when we are struggling with our more often used small lineups

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 07:15:15 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we could use one more scorer.   I know CBS loves Bazemore.  You might find us signing a guy like that.

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 07:18:26 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

I agree

Like I said in the other thread to all the Bender lovers, to insist on drafting Bender when you have a chance at Okafor would be asinine,...just f'ing crazy.   

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 07:29:11 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

I agree

Like I said in the other thread to all the Bender lovers, to insist on drafting Bender when you have a chance at Okafor would be asinine,...just f'ing crazy.   

Welcome to the sane club. TP.

Just say no to the Euromistake.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 07:30:11 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas

Oh neggy nancy leave it alone! You talk in absolutes about a subject none of us are sure on yet

Oh, the irony of that statement.

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 07:30:54 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas

I refuse, at this point, to believe that Ainge would actually waste our best pick in 20 years on the Euromistake.

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 07:55:45 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell

Oh, the irony of that statement.

There's no irony. It's a negative statement. He could be good, he could be bad. But talking like he is 100% going to be a bust is negative

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 10:27:55 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
DA does need to scout Bender. Knicks fans booed last year and they now have Joy and Hope. He may not be that good but he is no Darko. He loves the game and that counts for something in a prospect.

Murray had a better freshman year than Wall did or any other prospect. And all the other guys have potential too.

Even if we wiff at this pick we still have 3 more picks coming that could be high too. Memphis is going to drop like a rock too. Plenty of diamonds can be found at 16 and 23 too. ;)

Our future is so bright. It makes me dreamy. I also think CBS will have his choice with pick 3.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 10:34:16 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

I agree

I am a Croat, just as Bender and I'd like to see one of ours in green again, but I must agree with you. Bender over Okafor would be insane.

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 10:59:30 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Just reflecting on how down in the dumps and hopeless this forum was in the aftermath of the KG/Pierce trade to now. After not getting lucky in the lottery the first year we tanked and after losing out on Kevin Love, we are still in great shape as a franchise. Even if we dont get a major free agent like a Durant this offseason we still have the #3 pick along with a few other firsts. We still OWN the Nets franchise for the next 2 years by having their picks and we will still be a young and flexible team all with great contracts. No reason to think we wont at least be the #3 seed next year and hopefully playing in the ECF.

The future is bright in Boston!

I agree with you!  Vegas has us as a top 6 team.  No one knows how good #3 or even if it will be ours.  Bottom line is we are a team trending upwward.   To many people on this board are wrong a lot.   A LOT!   

Diggles