Author Topic: Dunn at 3  (Read 4901 times)

Dunn at 3
« on: May 31, 2016, 08:00:46 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Just watched a workout with Dunn who's new shooting form is looking really nice. He looks like he's extended his range out to the NBA 3 too. For me Dunn is clear cut 3rd best player in the draft regardless of fit. I say you take a chance on Dunn, who I believe has a higher ceiling than Bender anyways, and ask questions later. Move some backcourt players in a blockbuster for Jimmy or Cousins or any of the available stars and run with Dunn at point. Yeah Bender is good and all, but there are just so many questions. Dunn is young, athletic, explosive, and a two way player. Take Dunn and figure the rest out later!!

Re: Dunn at 3
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 08:18:46 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
He doesn't want to come here. He wants to be the man, and with IT,AB and Smart, you'd have to get rid of IT and Smart or AB to make that happen.

Plus LA and Philly both like Dunn, they could do a draft night trade #2(Dunn)filler, for Okafor, or LA could take Dunn and trade Russel who Philly also likes for Okafor.

Or heck, LA could go nuts and throw us an other curve ball like last year and take Bender.

With all that, Ingram would probably be available, and thats not to shabby.

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 08:18:49 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I really like Dunn, but between being a PG, somewhat questionable shooting, refusing to work out for the team, and how close it is around #3, I have to think Danny will have a hard time taking him as BPA

Not to mention that that would be the 3rd time in as many years that we took a PG with our best first rounder
I'm bitter.

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 08:27:11 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
I really like Dunn, but between being a PG, somewhat questionable shooting, refusing to work out for the team, and how close it is around #3, I have to think Danny will have a hard time taking him as BPA

Not to mention that that would be the 3rd time in as many years that we took a PG with our best first rounder
It's true, but if you draft 1 all star point guard that is your franchise starter than it doesn't matter right?

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 08:32:57 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Dunn being a PG is not a concern for Ainge. He is pretty much committed to the BPA concept and has said so many times. Our current group of guards have some value around the league.

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 08:35:19 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

It's true, but if you draft 1 all star point guard that is your franchise starter than it doesn't matter right?

it matters if you already have an all star point guard under a team friendly deal through the prime of his playing career. 

no way Dunn beats out IT for the job. 

also no way that Ainge wants to take a step backwards at this stage of the rebuild. 

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 09:22:50 PM »

Offline passesofftodj

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
To me there are 4 high ceiling guys: Simmons, Dunn, Bender and Ingram.  That is what my board would look like BPA-wise.  I MUCH prefer drafting Dunn to Hield or Brown.  Those would be the worst choices at 3.  Murray I have mixed feelings about.  Dunn is goung to be a stud, I think his game screams NBA more than college whereas Hield I feel the opposite, better collegiate game.

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 09:31:56 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Cs need to build up the value on Dunn at 3, let LA and Philly think we love the guy and are going to take him at 3. If they have any interest in Dunn they'd have to consider trading their pick with us.

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 09:41:22 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Cs need to build up the value on Dunn at 3, let LA and Philly think we love the guy and are going to take him at 3. If they have any interest in Dunn they'd have to consider trading their pick with us.

If they think that much if him, they don't have to deal with us....they just take him with their pick.

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 10:18:27 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199

If they think that much if him, they don't have to deal with us....they just take him with their pick.
Dunn at 3 is fine.  He's a playmaker and doesn't overlap THAT much with what we have.  Also, Bradley and IT have very tradeable contracts.  Dunn and Murray both have all-star potential.  I'm in for either of them.

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 09:26:39 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47

True, but they know there's more value in Simmons/Ingram. If they really want Dunn, they know they can trade up, grab a player or pick from one of the 3-6 teams above. If we make the trade with Philly we'll have to give up something. I'd hate to see Phoenix jump in and trade their pick with Phillies pick, knowing we coulda had Phillies pick.

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 09:48:21 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
To me there are 4 high ceiling guys: Simmons, Dunn, Bender and Ingram.  That is what my board would look like BPA-wise.  I MUCH prefer drafting Dunn to Hield or Brown.  Those would be the worst choices at 3.  Murray I have mixed feelings about.  Dunn is goung to be a stud, I think his game screams NBA more than college whereas Hield I feel the opposite, better collegiate game.

Being already 22 I wouldn't but Dunn on a highest ceiling list. I personally think that based on physical potential and skills that need to be added I would put Simmons, Chriss, Brown, Bender, Baldwin, Maker and  Ingram as the highest ceiling guys in this draft. Guys like Dunn, Hield, Valentine and Sabonis are high floor players due to their already developed skill set and clear NBA roles.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 10:07:17 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Dunn's the BPA at 3 based on what I know. I don't know enough about Bender. If Bender has great workouts, then you'd have to give him the edge, He's 17 and over 7 feet. Otherwise, Dunn could play with IT and defend the opponent's best offensive guard on the other team.

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 10:38:45 AM »

Offline fubar089

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
draft and hold him hostage. trade him to a team that covets him and has assets we seek.

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 10:42:51 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Dunn's the BPA at 3 based on what I know. I don't know enough about Bender. If Bender has great workouts, then you'd have to give him the edge, He's 17 and over 7 feet. Otherwise, Dunn could play with IT and defend the opponent's best offensive guard on the other team.

I have to agree that Dunn looks like the BPA at #3, it makes me think that a deal for Butler based on the #3 pick and a player (AB? Crowder?) is Danny's first choice
I'm bitter.