Author Topic: Proposed Celtics and Rockets Blockbuster  (Read 4072 times)

Re: Proposed Celtics and Rockets Blockbuster
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 07:18:53 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Meanwhile, we're all waiting for The Beard to actually guard someone ...

Smart, 16 and 23 for Okafor? I'd do that tomorrow.

I have zero interest in No Knees Noel. We have more than enough bricklayers, thank you. Get me someone who can score the basketball.

and yet you clamor for Okafor while saying no thanks to Harden.  Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Mr Contradiction.

TP. But it's Coach Contradiction to you.

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2016, 07:22:30 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

I have zero interest in No Knees Noel. We have more than enough bricklayers, thank you. Get me someone who can score the basketball.

and yet you clamor for Okafor while saying no thanks to Harden.  Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Mr Contradiction.

Such small minds on this board.

I missed the memo that Okafor is a finished product. And remind me again, how many years has he been in the league? And the Defenseless One?

You guys are just too easy to refute. This board has become Real GM East.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2016, 07:26:13 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I missed the memo that Okafor is a finished product. And remind me again, how many years has he been in the league? And the Defenseless One?

::)

And we mere peasants can only hope that living in your shadow affords us a bit of basketball wisdom from your endless fountain of basketball knowledge
I'm bitter.

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2016, 07:34:29 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Ainge has liked James Harden for a long time.  We all know how close he got to him in the Jeff Green trade.  What has changed since then ?  Wouldn't he still be after Harden & his game ?

Would Morey trade his biggest acquisition after hitting the Western Conference Finals with him at the helm just last season ?  With the Rockets in somewhat of a disarray, is now the time to break it all up ?

I'd assume the Rockets would immediately start the package off with one of our strong defenders.  Smart, Bradley, or Crowder.  Maybe 2, to be honest.  Or maybe you give up one, plus #3 this year, the 2017 Nets swap, and the 2018 Nets pick.

Who knows what would get it done.  I just think Ainge has Harden #1 on his big trade board.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if that is the guy he's eyeing right now while the Okafor rumors swirl.
This is what I'm talking about.

Smart, Bradley, Crowder, and #3 won't get you Harden. Not even close.

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2016, 07:37:07 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
Ainge has liked James Harden for a long time.  We all know how close he got to him in the Jeff Green trade.  What has changed since then ?  Wouldn't he still be after Harden & his game ?

Would Morey trade his biggest acquisition after hitting the Western Conference Finals with him at the helm just last season ?  With the Rockets in somewhat of a disarray, is now the time to break it all up ?

I'd assume the Rockets would immediately start the package off with one of our strong defenders.  Smart, Bradley, or Crowder.  Maybe 2, to be honest.  Or maybe you give up one, plus #3 this year, the 2017 Nets swap, and the 2018 Nets pick.

Who knows what would get it done.  I just think Ainge has Harden #1 on his big trade board.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if that is the guy he's eyeing right now while the Okafor rumors swirl.

The 2017 and 2018 Nets picks were also included
I'm bitter.

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2016, 07:56:20 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Read it again. It was phrased rather flexibly.

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2016, 07:58:32 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

I still don't think they do it

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2016, 08:15:12 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson

I still don't think they do it

Neither do I, but they're probably 2 of the 3 most valuable assets involved.  Without them the deal is definitely not reasonable
I'm bitter.

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2016, 08:25:34 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
C'mon you've seen how Morey operates. He will want a star in return for Harden. Start with IT and add to that.

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2016, 08:56:40 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

::)

And we mere peasants can only hope that living in your shadow affords us a bit of basketball wisdom from your endless fountain of basketball knowledge
TP for the laugh.  thoroughly enjoyed that

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2016, 09:03:54 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

so your idea of refuting the proof you contradict yourself is to say Okafor isn't a finished product.  Obviously you're not the coach of the debate team. 

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2016, 09:05:10 PM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52

Sorry, but you don't refute anything. You opine only.