Author Topic: Report: Kevin Durant gave the Celtics list of players they need to sign  (Read 12949 times)

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/kevin-durant-celtics-list-of-players/306483

I will believe it when I see it. I still say Boston has 0% chance of acquiring KD but then these reports keep coming up. Media sugar or is there any truth to this ?

All I wanna know is what players are on this supposed list.

Well since they are one of the teams Durant was reported in saying he'd meet with in the off season, I'd say there is at least a 1% chance of us getting him.

And we are in pretty good shape to go after some of the guys who could be on the list. Horford could be signed straight up with KD. They also could put together a better package than LA for George. Yes, LA could do #2, Randle and filler, but Boston could do #3, 2017,2018Nets picks. OKC would have to trade Westbrook for George, and I think they like Westbrook more than KD.

While it's a long shot and things have to slide into place at the right time, DA has gotten us in a position to have a shot at it.

And we have IT putting bugs in peoples ears since last summer.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Probably not. Bird would just try to sell Durant Paul George n sign him.

Interesting idea. Does Indiana have cap space (or the ability to clear its) to sign Pau?

Depends how much Gasol is getting, really.  They would have about $7 million in cap space after signing KD.  That's probably enough if everyone's interested in playing together.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Sitting with a guy's agent? While he's still under contract? Isn't that tampering?

Also...the list. If everyone knows what it is that makes it tough to do because now you have less leverage.

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Sitting with a guy's agent? While he's still under contract? Isn't that tampering?

Also...the list. If everyone knows what it is that makes it tough to do because now you have less leverage.

He has two listed agents. They are Leon Rose and Rich Kleiman, both who happen to represent James Young. So a meeting could take place under the guise of discussing Young.

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Over on Reddit, I see a couple of people speculating it's Paul George and Pau Gasol, with Durant and George really hitting it off when they played together on Team USA, and Durant having recruited Gasol hard to get him to OKC.

Gasol also happens to have the agents as Durant.

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Probably not. Bird would just try to sell Durant Paul George n sign him.

Interesting idea. Does Indiana have cap space (or the ability to clear its) to sign Pau and KD?

I'm assuming he can move some #'s around and make that happen (if Paul George is the guy Durant has on the top of his list)

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
why do you guys do this to yourselves?  kevin durant is not choosing boston just like kevin love was never coming to boston.   it ain't happening.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

He has two listed agents. They are Leon Rose and Rich Kleiman, both who happen to represent James Young. So a meeting could take place under the guise of discussing Young.

LOL......now we know WHY young has been keep around ......access with his agent

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
why do you guys do this to yourselves?  kevin durant is not choosing boston just like kevin love was never coming to boston.   it ain't happening.

I don't really see any parallels between the situations, Love was traded in a deal that Minnesota would have been crazy not to agree to, Durant us a free agent and it's all up to him
I'm bitter.

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
Am I the only person peeved that a player is making teammate requests?

Forget KD, give me Ryan Anderson and draft some studs... in 3 years when we're legit contenders and conference champs he'll be willing to take a pay cut to play for us.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Over on Reddit, I see a couple of people speculating it's Paul George and Pau Gasol, with Durant and George really hitting it off when they played together on Team USA, and Durant having recruited Gasol hard to get him to OKC.

George + Durant together would be bananas

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

IT/Bradley/George/Durant/Gasol...Sign me up for that one.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Oh my god. I just got started to have my "but I kinda want to see where Al Jeff and Gerald Green are going.." moment.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
This report sounds ridiculous

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Does the original report come from a real source or just some random dude's blog?

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Oh my god. I just got started to have my "but I kinda want to see where Al Jeff and Gerald Green are going.." moment.

Like, going as players, or going on a plane when they're traded? If the former, do you really feel that strongly about any of the current youngs?

Mike

(My name is not Mike)