Author Topic: The Perfect Brad Stevens player  (Read 1005 times)

The Perfect Brad Stevens player
« on: May 31, 2016, 01:38:06 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Okay it's draft season and any normal armchair draft analyst like me is looking for the next best values and sleepers that the Celtics should be looking for with our later picks. Here's my sleeper:

His name is Jarrod Uthoff. For some reason this guy isn't getting any draft attention at all in a weak class. I understand that big, long white players that can shoot and are athletic generally get compared to Chandler Parsons, but I don't think there has ever been a better comparison for the versatile Florida big man. They have the same reach, same height, Uthoff is more explosive with a 35" vertical, and he's actually a better offensive player at this stage of his career than Parsons was. Even if he isn't the next Chandler Parsons, he is a fantastic 3 point shooter that shot 38% from the collegiate 3, and also averaged almost 80% from the freethrow line which is a good indicator that he has a sweet shooting stroke. He can defend, he can play at least 2-3 positions, maybe 4 seeing that he averaged 3.3 blocks per 40 minutes. He is the perfect Brad Stevens player and I think at worst I think he becomes a better Jerebko. All in all he's a fanastic candidate for the 23 or 31st overall pick because of his versatility, scoring ability, shooting ability, and athleticism/size and frame.

Re: The Perfect Brad Stevens player
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 08:41:06 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I checked him out after I read this. He did an interview with DraftExpress and he comes across well. Seems very sure of himself which is a good trait in the cut throat NBA.

I should check out some video to see his shooting but the write up on it is positive. A nice quick release to make up for the lack of athleticism he has. The only concern I would have is his athleticism. Jerebko might not be known as an athlete but he can jump when he needs to. He is able to compete for rebounds against the taller centers and he's always around for tip ins etc. How does Uthoff compare in that regard?

Strangely I couldn't find him even in the top 60 of some of the draft boards. Is he likely to get drafted? Is it just because he hasn't got out there to workout yet so there's still a lot of freshman hype?