Author Topic: Herald article on Bender  (Read 2312 times)

Herald article on Bender
« on: May 31, 2016, 01:34:16 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I really liked this piece. Austin Ainge talks a lot about Dragan and his season, why he didn't get PT, etc.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2016/05/celts_trying_hard_to_size_up_possible_no_3_pick_dragan_bender
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Re: Herald article on Bender
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 08:03:57 PM »

Offline Green-Bananas

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
TP for the link.  Still, more of the unknown. Basically going off past performances because he didn't get enough PT this season. Didn't shoot that well when he did.  Like everyone says, its a swing for the fences pick. I hope DA is right. 

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 08:40:06 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Smokescreen. The pick will be traded.

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 08:42:34 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Thank you. TP for posting the article.

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 08:46:19 PM »

Offline wry791

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4

Don't know if Bender will be the pick, but I doubt it will be traded. Doubt the market will bear what Ainge will want to move it

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 08:55:34 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Swing away Danny

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 08:58:22 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Don't know if Bender will be the pick, but I doubt it will be traded. Doubt the market will bear what Ainge will want to move it

I like Bender, and I like other options there at #3 and would be happy to keep it and develop our prospects, but I am convinced Ainge is moving the pick. He is trying to sign guys like Durant and Horford. These guys aren't going to come here to play with rookies, even if it was the #1 pick with Simmons/Ingram, Ainge would be looking to move it.

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 09:03:11 PM »

Offline wry791

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4

I like Bender, and I like other options there at #3 and would be happy to keep it and develop our prospects, but I am convinced Ainge is moving the pick. He is trying to sign guys like Durant and Horford. These guys aren't going to come here to play with rookies, even if it was the #1 pick with Simmons/Ingram, Ainge would be looking to move it.

Totally agree that Ainge prefers to move it for an established vet. Don't think there's going to be one on the market he'll pull the trigger for though. Also, <1% Durant doesn't take a 2 year deal w/ a 1 year opt out from OKC.