Author Topic: What's your elevator pitch to Durant?  (Read 4713 times)

What's your elevator pitch to Durant?
« on: May 31, 2016, 10:53:07 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Gimme your best elevator (3-6 sentences) pitch to get KD to Boston!

I'll start:

Kevin, you are a great player but you still have weaknesses. We have a coach that will constantly put you in the best position to not just win, but improve as a player.
Our ball movement will get you even more open looks as our primary scorer, and our elite perimeter defense will you easy transition opportunities.
You will have an easier route to 60 wins and at least the Eastern Conf finals.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Re: What's your elevator pitch to Durant?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 10:59:52 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
He opens the elevator doors n says as he walks out, I think u missed your floor, we r at the top n I'm about to sign my sneaker deal 😂

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 11:06:14 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Kevin Durant.... Do you like the color green? Because I think it looks absolutely gorgeous on you!
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 11:14:01 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Best schools in the country for your kids
Phenomenal shopping and (sea)food for you and the wife
Best coach in the league
Top 5 GM
A young roster already achieving and with more assets than anyone
A top fan base
City where legends are made. Ask Bird, KG, Pierce, and Ortiz how they feel about playing in Boston
The last time we traded for a top 5 guy we won a ring and came within 2 minutes of another and we're gonna do it again

Boston WILL win a ring or 5 and it will do it soon. It's just a matter of with you or against you. This is Boston. We win rings. Yeah your number is retired. A lot of numbers are retired. We have had a lot of good players here win a lot of rings.

Oh hey. Matt Damon and Maria GreeklastnameIcan'tspell are here to give you a Boston creme Pie

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 11:28:53 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
- 47 Wins, without a player of your caliber. Imagine how much more you can add to it.

- Enough assets to get you the help you need for the next 4 years.

- Compare to the West, where you have to worry about Golden State, San Antonio and Los Angeles (Clippers). Here in Boston, LeBron James will have to worry about YOU!

- Brad Stevens.

- Please check out this piece by our own Isaiah Thomas. That's how Boston is going to treat you.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/isaiah-thomas-celtics-boston-letter/.

- Look at the rafters, your number will be there one day, among the greats.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 11:35:23 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Kevin...as great a scorer as Russell Westbrook is, he's not a point guard. Any time the team gets behind, all ball movement stops. He should play at the 2 guard. OKC should sign Rondo as the new point guard, to try to control the "hero ball" you and Westbrook take turns playing when ever pressured in big games.

Or you could just sign with the Celtics, and they will build a balanced team around you, that will get you to the finals.   

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 11:35:37 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
1. we have a great coach in Brad Stevens who always have our guys overachieve.
2. We have two of the best defensive guards in Bradley and Smart.
3. We have enough money to keep current core, and sign you and another guy to a max contract
4. Great GM in Danny who will do his best to surround you with the best players possible to succeed.
5. Lesser competition in playoffs with you here and another potential max, not named CLE. Easier to reach conference finals instead of constant dog fights for you in the West.
6. Great culture, great fans, creating legacy, cementing yourself with the rest of the greats Celtics players whom all are hall of fame players already.

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 11:43:21 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
You name the player you want to play with, and Danny will go get him. You, player of your choice, and IT is more than enough to beat the Cavs, and this is the East, so you only have to get through one solid team. Not only does Boston provide you the best chance to win a title, but you also get to be the face of the most storied and accomplished franchise in the league, and your number will hang alongside Bird's and Russell's forever. We have elite and stable management here, elite coaching, and dedicated and willing ownership. We want to win with you.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 12:01:44 PM »

Offline Drjman

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
Elevator Pitch:

Kevin, let's talk about how 6'9'' forwards with unworldly 3-point range and super star talent do in Boston.  You have already reached all of the individual goals that any player could want.  Here in Boston, we are ready to reach the ultimate team goal with you as our center piece.  Sign here and take your first step towards being seen as a legend.

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 12:22:26 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
- 47 Wins, without a player of your caliber. Imagine how much more you can add to it.

- Compare to the West, where you have to worry about Golden State, San Antonio and Los Angeles (Clippers). Here in Boston, LeBron James will have to worry about YOU!

- Brad Stevens.

- Please check out this piece by our own Isaiah Thomas. That's how Boston is going to treat you.

Yep, this would do me. Very nice, TP

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 12:24:16 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Come to Boston and play with a team full of junk yard dogs who play tenacious defense, share the ball on offense, and have a never say die attitude.  Come here and you wil be the main guy with one of the best coaches in the league.  We can add another star either through free agency or trade and we have a load of future picks to keep the pipeline open continuing to add talent over the next few years.  Think of Duncan's experience in San Antonio and that's what you can expect in Boston except with more passionate fans.  It's the most storied team in NBA history and is totally committed to winning and would never let a guy like Harden go to save from paying the luxury tax.  Come here and establish your legacy as an all time great while winning championships.

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 12:41:28 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Sustained success. Youll make the conference finals every year for the next five, even ten years. Compare with Duncan's situation in SA, where smart management, young talent kept them on top even as Duncan aged. Get in on the ground floor and this will be known as the dynasty you built.

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2016, 01:05:52 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Kevin Durant.... Do you like the color green? Because I think it looks absolutely gorgeous on you!
Winner winner chicken dinner.

He'll need those glasses to actually sign with the Celts.

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 01:14:16 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green

- Brad Stevens.

TP! Good points ;D
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 01:27:40 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
17 banners. Add to the legacy of the greatest franchise in the sport.