Author Topic: Using Olynyk as trade bait moving up in the draft?  (Read 5456 times)

Using Olynyk as trade bait moving up in the draft?
« on: May 31, 2016, 07:40:07 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Suppose we do draft and keep Bender at #3. Long term he projects to be our PF of the future and to be truly effective it would be nice to have someone strong next to him at C.

Perhaps that opens up the possibility of using Olynyk to move up in this draft and grab a guy like Davis or Poeltl? Package Olynyk with #16 and get into the back wnd of the top 10.

Teams to target would be Sacramento, Toronto and Milwaukee. I think all of them would have some interest in Olynyk

Re: Using Olynyk as trade bait moving up in the draft?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 07:48:05 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Danny would really need to have his eye on somebody if he did this and I think we have enough picks to maneuver around, but your point still makes sense.

Olynyk is due to get paid next season. Now, he could have a year like this one where he showed to be a decent rotational player with some ill-timed health issues, or he could step in for the departed Sullinger, play a larger role, and remain injury free, and be set to make a lot of money next year (when the cap is even higher!). I would just hate to be the team that paid Olynyk $15M+/yr.

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 07:48:14 AM »

Offline Otsje P

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
Teams to target would be Sacramento, Toronto and Milwaukee. I think all of them would have some interest in Olynyk

Would they? I'm sorry, but I seriously doubt that.

From the Celtics point of view I'd do it in a heartbeat though. To me KO is the most frustrating player on the team.

He has some skill and he seems like a nice fellow. Doing a lot of community work, and seems to be really good at that. He just lacks "IT" on the court. And that's not something that is going to change. It's a character thing. KO = KO.

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 07:58:37 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell

Would they? I'm sorry, but I seriously doubt that.

From the Celtics point of view I'd do it in a heartbeat though. To me KO is the most frustrating player on the team.

He has some skill and he seems like a nice fellow. Doing a lot of community work, and seems to be really good at that. He just lacks "IT" on the court. And that's not something that is going to change. It's a character thing. KO = KO.

Yeah for sure I think they would.

Toronto is looking for a stretch big and has been all season. They were starting Scola this year as a stretch 4, he's out of contract at the end of the year and an upgrade would be good for them. Olynyk alongside Biyombo would be a nice pairing.

Sacramento would like some shooting around Cousins and he has stated he'd like to be a 4. Whether that sounds like a good idea or not, if they want it then Olynyk would be a good player to put alongside him.

Milwaukee need 3 point shooters. The fact that Olynyk is also a big just makes it better for them. It would lead to a reverse inside out game almost. They are probably least likey of teh 3 to be interested though.

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 08:48:31 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
What are you going to get for a guy coming off shoulder surgery?

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 08:52:47 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
What are you going to get for a guy coming off shoulder surgery?
I don't think a shoulder is a part that teams are most worried about.

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 10:02:03 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'd rather just keep Olynyk, I think trading him now is not selling at his highest.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 10:25:50 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
KO doesnt really have value at this point to really move up.. hes more of a throw in... However Bradley's value is sky high now with All defensive honors and a good contract..

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 10:38:18 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
KO doesnt really have value at this point to really move up.. hes more of a throw in... However Bradley's value is sky high now with All defensive honors and a good contract..

I want to keep Bradley. Set this year as a baseline, you will see more improvement from AB over the next few years than you will Olynyk.

KO will have some value though. Players with his skillset will always entice another team thinking that they can do a better job to harness him

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 06:32:00 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
To slow, No Defense, hurt, did i miss anything?

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 06:40:23 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I'd trade Olynyk for a pick at the tail end of the top 10 if one of Poeltl, Chriss, D.Davis or J.Brown is still on the board.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 06:45:51 PM by Who »

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 11:15:36 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
I'd trade Olynyk for a pick at the tail end of the top 10 if one of Poeltl, Chriss, D.Davis or J.Brown is still on the board.

2 of those guys should be there for sure. Possibly 3. DO you think Olynyk by himself gets you a top 10 pick or are you adding 16 with him?

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 12:03:38 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Seen enough of this bum.  Get rid of him.

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 12:28:04 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

2 of those guys should be there for sure. Possibly 3. DO you think Olynyk by himself gets you a top 10 pick or are you adding 16 with him?

I don't know. Toronto maybe. They are a win-now team in need of a stretch four. They might do a straight swap of Olynyk for the #9.

It is possible they need another first with Olynyk. Maybe the #23 instead of the #16.

I am happy to add either pick to move into the top 10 if one of those guys is available.

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 12:34:09 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I would trade Olynyk to move up of possible. He is TOO SOFT and Ryan Anderson is available as a free agent who is better than Olynyk in every way.